Vah quest tree ultra megathread

Re: New quest tree ultra megathread

Thinkmeats said:
I found a bug with the eyes where they weren't dropping off callers and invokers as they were supposed to. I'll be on later today, and at that time I'll want to know how many clears of orcs your group did so I can use my handy-dandy d100 to figure how many eyes you ought to have got.
Has this been looked into? Cause after 2 days in EC, i still need to see a single eye.

RNG at its best, I was in EC 2 days ago and got another, but 4+ hours in FR didnt get me one.

I'm pretty sure I got an eye from a non-seer EC shaman. Nwaij, you're officialy jinxed, sorry!

Eldorath said:
its not a "spawn", it triggers if someone with the flag walks near the dig spot.

I had the map on me and nothing happened. I tried to run through the area at different times of the day, nothing happened either.
I succesfully triggered and finished the medium difficulty map. So I don't know why this easy map doesn't work.

Nwaij said:
Has this been looked into? Cause after 2 days in EC, i still need to see a single eye.

They do indeed drop off invokers and callers, but the seers are still far and away your best bet. That they drop off invokers and callers is more or less to give you a reason to roam out from the seer camp and keep killing while you wait on the seer respawn. I like to make players do something unusual even during the farming segments, and for EC that unusuality means a weird camp place (basing yourself out of the Crys Oracle's room).

Sivakian's dialog regarding the eyes seems to be broken. The siv will reply the same stuff over and over after 2nd reply.

PS : I'm still bugged with the map part. Medium difficulty map worked fine, hard difficult map dig spot pops up as well but nothing for the easy one. Can i get a deflag on easy map or something ? Or can you check if i'm already flagged since i may have been part of the easy map ? (Probably botted).

Yona said:
Sivakian's dialog regarding the eyes seems to be broken. The siv will reply the same stuff over and over after 2nd reply.

I have absolutely no idea what this is supposed to mean and I'll have to see it in-game.

PS : I'm still bugged with the map part. Medium difficulty map worked fine, hard difficult map dig spot pops up as well but nothing for the easy one. Can i get a deflag on easy map or something ? Or can you check if i'm already flagged since i may have been part of the easy map ? (Probably botted).

Like I said when you asked in irc, I'll have to see you in game to check. The odds are good you're simply already done with that.

There seems to be something 'off' about quite a bit of the dialogue choices / quest flags. He may be speaking about that.

I've gotten quite a few quests, ran back with the stuff tried to hand in, then had it returned.
Spoke with the mob again, went through the dialogue, re-got the quest added to my journal, then handed in fine.

Another example is the lodestone quest - finished that one, and the option to ask people 'hey I got this stone from xxx, what the heck is it' still remains.

Or the rose extract, finished that.
I've heard there is a way to get more doses, but he gives me nothing but the original quest text as if i never did it.

Alton said:
I've gotten quite a few quests, ran back with the stuff tried to hand in, then had it returned.
Spoke with the mob again, went through the dialogue, re-got the quest added to my journal, then handed in fine.

This is unhelpful. Please supply examples.

Another example is the lodestone quest - finished that one, and the option to ask people 'hey I got this stone from xxx, what the heck is it' still remains.

This is easy to fix.

Or the rose extract, finished that.
I've heard there is a way to get more doses, but he gives me nothing but the original quest text as if i never did it.

Read your journal better. Who made the extract? It wasn't Araghin, after all.

Would it be possible to lower the respawn time of Parcelain a bit?

tinkaa said:
Would it be possible to lower the respawn time of Parcelain a bit?

Unlikely. Due to its size and scope, the quest line desperately needs bottlenecks; rather than rely solely on rare items, I branched out to include several multi-day spawns. Mielech got a * version because he'd block several quests if he didn't. You'll simply have to vie for the others, I fear. There are enough quests such that it will be difficult to run yourself out of bits to farm and trap yourself behind the multi-day spawns, but it's a necessary possibility.

Seems my Siren's Grotto step has been bugged.
Presence spawned and when I told her who sent me it seems she respawned as the version in South Tarhyl. I heard her story and "a traveller" came by, but would only respond to my boxed char whom has already completed this part.

Yeah, there's something fruitloops about the traveller in siren's grotto. I'm trying to figure out what.

I don't see any way to raise plague survivor faction. Considering it was lost a long time ago after just a couple charming incidents gone wrong. . . . :dumb: . . . .

Yally said:
I don't see any way to raise plague survivor faction. Considering it was lost a long time ago after just a couple charming incidents gone wrong. . . . :dumb: . . . .
Shield of Freeport quest raises it.

I'm kos, and iirc, the kills (related to using those mobs to charm with long ago, and then their untimely death on occasion when they broke at low hp and were killed) dropped the faction by HUGE chunks. Like, ridiculously huge. At any rate. Making the plague priests, survivors, and frenzied raise faction to a make of apprehensive or dubious would be sweet.

Could the journal entry for freeing the Vahir Ghan and Rahkahl be changed from "you must free EITHER Ghan or Rahkahl by.." to what the Traveller tells you to do? I was more confused every single time I read it :p

tinkaa said:
Could the journal entry for freeing the Vahir Ghan and Rahkahl be changed from "you must free EITHER Ghan or Rahkahl by.." to what the Traveller tells you to do? I was more confused every single time I read it :p

Changed the wording. It won't appear in your journal, I fear.

Yona said:

Fixed the dialog and the tmap thing a while ago; told Yona, just never made a note of it here.

Asside from my plague survivor plea, could you confirm the b poultice drops? Been checking around, checking with friends, and even checking ooc with no luck. The text is also rather non descript, but I thought i might have caught on by now.

Back
Top Bottom