Vah quest tree ultra megathread

Thinkmeats

War Is Good For Business
This thread is a place to post bugs! Given the size of the quest tree, I'm sure there'll be plenty. Post bugs here, but please NO SPOILERS in this thread! If you have a bug which can't be described without spoiling, send me a PM and I'll be happy to look into it. I'll be watching this thread with the draconian fist of an angry overlord and I reserve the right to edit offending posts.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Npcs talk to each other only when you are in the camp. Whoever 'triggered' the conversation recieves credit for it. If you're waiting on two npcs to talk to each other, the fastest way to have that happen is to spend time in the camp without a swarm of other people there.

FIXED BUGS:

Rust step did not have correct dialog available in the rust. This has been repaired. If you were stuck on this part, you can petition and if I'm on I'll give you the flag for THIS STEP ONLY. If you already have indifferent faction with one of the groups in rust, you won't need this.

Re: New quest tree ultra megathread

Is the quest text in STar supposed to be so non informative? Don't wanna say a whole lot so can send me a PM if you need to figure out what I'm talking about =)

I've been having significant trouble with the Rust part involving Silver and the memories. For whatever reason (whether quest related or not), I'll randomly get 5-10 outside mobs coming through the walls and jumping me, resulting in pretty much instant death. This has happened ~4 times, and makes this part near impossible beyond just finishing the assigned task. Also, Silver himself depops after a while, and I have yet to get the piece drop after about 3 of his despawns, at which point the return portal is non-functional. Since I'm not keyed for the factory, this requires me to evac and try and find someone to get me back in so I can respawn the event.

I have a few questions that you may or may not be willing to answer, but I figured I'd ask because I'm confused as to how to it works and whether or not I'm actually working towards a goal here. Is the drop for this part linked to the person that spawns the memories? There have been up to 3 people trying to get the piece down there and no one is certain as to how it's going down. Could the drop rate maybe be increased for the marks? I know there's a bottleneck of people trying to go through and that will eventually clear itself out a bit, but it's very redundant and strange killing the same set of mobs when the dialog makes it seem like it should pop up in the first round.

Anyways, I'm liking it so far, it's just had me pulling my hair out to make it work.

Tyvec-a-tron said:
I've been having significant trouble with the Rust part involving Silver and the memories. For whatever reason (whether quest related or not), I'll randomly get 5-10 outside mobs coming through the walls and jumping me, resulting in pretty much instant death. This has happened ~4 times, and makes this part near impossible beyond just finishing the assigned task. Also, Silver himself depops after a while, and I have yet to get the piece drop after about 3 of his despawns, at which point the return portal is non-functional. Since I'm not keyed for the factory, this requires me to evac and try and find someone to get me back in so I can respawn the event.

I have a few questions that you may or may not be willing to answer, but I figured I'd ask because I'm confused as to how to it works and whether or not I'm actually working towards a goal here. Is the drop for this part linked to the person that spawns the memories? There have been up to 3 people trying to get the piece down there and no one is certain as to how it's going down. Could the drop rate maybe be increased for the marks? I know there's a bottleneck of people trying to go through and that will eventually clear itself out a bit, but it's very redundant and strange killing the same set of mobs when the dialog makes it seem like it should pop up in the first round.

Anyways, I'm liking it so far, it's just had me pulling my hair out to make it work.
Having same problems

Found the problem for memories not dropping anything, but I've got no idea at all why mobs would train you from outside. I'd have to see it happen to figure it out.

At any rate, as with the other bug, petition if you ran into this one and I can help you out.

Thinkmeats said:
Found the problem for memories not dropping anything, but I've got no idea at all why mobs would train you from outside. I'd have to see it happen to figure it out.

When standing in the factory entrance hall mobs randomly aggro from outside (usually loyal failures). They sometimes bring additional mobs to the party, I've seen and experienced this before. Not sure if it's even connected to it, just pointing outl.

Manluas said:
When standing in the factory entrance hall mobs randomly aggro from outside (usually loyal failures). They sometimes bring additional mobs to the party, I've seen and experienced this before. Not sure if it's even connected to it, just pointing outl.

Two loyal failure spawn points are just inside the factory. The "random aggro" is likely repops.

Not exactly a bug, but...

The poor orcs that used to spawn in the camp in SWastes still spawn there and get a beating whenever they spawn.

Verifying that the 3 Vah's we need to find in Lasant/Mielc/Lab are actually there?

Havent seen mielc/lab yet, but i turned lasanth upside down twice now and no kitty :(

The orcs are infuriating. I tried something new yet again so hopefully they'll stop littering the area so badly.

BeittilBonker said:
Verifying that the 3 Vah's we need to find in Lasant/Mielc/Lab are actually there?

Havent seen mielc/lab yet, but i turned lasanth upside down twice now and no kitty :(

There are no vah spawned in those zones. Reread the quest text and what you need to do should become clearer.

Can anyone confirm that the Vah is spawning in Sorc's Lab? I'm at ~5 hours and nothing so far :tinfoil:.

If they are spawning, am I just getting unlucky or is it intentionally this long?

I've seen you post about your CoI quests that they are better done with a group than solo. Does this quest line follow the same philosophy, or am I going to be able to do most of it on my own?

robopirateninja said:
I've seen you post about your CoI quests that they are better done with a group than solo. Does this quest line follow the same philosophy, or am I going to be able to do most of it on my own?

Most of it can be done solo, but its hella a lot easyer if you do it in a group.

Just to confirm that the Vah people are looking for in Lasanth indeed exists...

Oualawouzou said:
Just to confirm that the Vah people are looking for in Lasanth indeed exists...
It does. The one in Felyns Labyrinth seems to be M.I.A. though.

Nwaij said:
It does. The one in Felyns Labyrinth seems to be M.I.A. though.

I have indeed found some kitties in Lasanth & Mielc... but the Lab one isnt so happy with showing his face :( Is he working/has any1 seen him?

I'm pretty sure a few of the steel toons are past that point.

I'm not sure if he's supposed to be 1000x rarer than Lasanth and Mielech, but I too spent ~5 hours clearing mobs in all parts of the zone.
Something must be wonky with him. Maybe only spawning on one type of mob instead of a handful? idk.

BeittilBonker said:
I have indeed found some kitties in Lasanth & Mielc... but the Lab one isnt so happy with showing his face :( Is he working/has any1 seen him?

Got one to spawn today about an hour after Exodus left. Sadly, still waiting on a second one.

Edit- Got #2 about 30 minutes later. Seems to be all a matter of the right place and a lot of luck.

I've got one question about them, do they have a chance to spawn off any mob in the zone, or do they only have a chance to spawn from 1-2 certain mobs in the zone? (I'm hoping any, because getting a group to kill certain mobs for people will be a pain since sometimes it's 5+ hours fo 1 spawn)

panthernoswar said:
I've got one question about them, do they have a chance to spawn off any mob in the zone, or do they only have a chance to spawn from 1-2 certain mobs in the zone? (I'm hoping any, because getting a group to kill certain mobs for people will be a pain since sometimes it's 5+ hours fo 1 spawn)

From my experience its more bound to specific area's in a zone.

Back
Top Bottom