Things I wish to get added to Fomelo

This is minor, but I think it would be quick to do.

When searching for a character's name, remove spaces at the end of the searched name. Frequently, I'll copy/paste someone's name from the forum and it will come with a space at the end of the name. This results in an error because there are no spaces in names.

Anyways, kinda small and just something I could fix by not being lazy, but if it takes 2 minutes to fix, why not do it?

Can the new Healing Increments, Range, Duration Etc & the Elemental Focus. The 8's or VIII, can they please get a (%) label to the right, and can the old ones they replace be removed from Fomelo. Like Healing 7 still shows for me.

This is minor, but I think it would be quick to do.

When searching for a character's name, remove spaces at the end of the searched name. Frequently, I'll copy/paste someone's name from the forum and it will come with a space at the end of the name. This results in an error because there are no spaces in names.

Adjusted.

Anyways, kinda small and just something I could fix by not being lazy, but if it takes 2 minutes to fix, why not do it?

You don't know what you're talking about.

Yea a 2min fix for that is WAY generous, its like 5 seconds.

Dude, you want to take over Fomelo?

Like much of Fomelo, nothing is simple and direct. Yes, if the char name was simply a get request right on the main file, it would have been easier. But it isn't. It involved hunting through include files to figure out where the class is, and figuring out why one couldn't do a trim right on the main page.

Yes, 5 seconds would have been fair, if you exclude the 20 minutes it took to find it.

Dude, you want to take over Fomelo?

Like much of Fomelo, nothing is simple and direct. Yes, if the char name was simply a get request right on the main file, it would have been easier. But it isn't. It involved hunting through include files to figure out where the class is, and figuring out why one couldn't do a trim right on the main page.

Yes, 5 seconds would have been fair, if you exclude the 20 minutes it took to find it.

Dude, totally sorry - i had assumed you'd just do a

Code:
function get_char_data(rtrim($frmName))...

I had no idea you spent more than 5sec on this :(

Dude, totally sorry - i had assumed you'd just do a

Code:
function get_char_data(rtrim($frmName))...

I had no idea you spent more than 5sec on this :(

I try to avoid putting checks in the browser only, because not everyone's browsers may have js enabled.

I tried something similar to that first though, in the call to get the name from the _GET. It turned out that the routine that fomelo.php called to get the name is doing some weird checks itself. The spaces on the end just caused the function to return a blank.

Last edited:
I've noticed with some of the new items coming out of Ikisith, that there icon's don't display correctly in fomelo, as seen in this pic.

gOGO7.jpg

Would be totally awesome if this could be looked into.

The Items off the top of my head with this problem are:

Acid Tongue
Spire of Sympathy
Blade of Warped Designs
Wand of the High Researcher

Last edited:
I've noticed with some of the new items coming out of Ikisith, that there icon's don't display correctly in fomelo, as seen in this pic.

gOGO7.jpg

Would be totally awesome if this could be looked into.

The Items off the top of my head with this problem are:

Acid Tongue
Spire of Sympathy
Blade of Warped Designs
Wand of the High Researcher

Yeah, sadly we create new items but don't always create an image for them. Every once in a while we run a process to find what images are missing, and work on creating them.

I need to add something to make it more automatic.

Things I still want to get added/fixed:
  • Refuge augs should display what they actually do.
  • Add a page for elemental damage (or atleast include elemental damage somewhere).
  • 7%elemental focus and focus effect 8 shuld be displayed with their effect, and be aknowledged by their lesser counterparts.

Things I still want to get added/fixed:
  • Refuge augs should display what they actually do.
  • Add a page for elemental damage (or atleast include elemental damage somewhere).
  • 7%elemental focus and focus effect 8 shuld be displayed with their effect, and be aknowledged by their lesser counterparts.

These are on the list.

Edit: 8/19/2010

Elemental damage focus and focus 8 effects are now correctly displaying under focus effects.

Elemental Damage augs now correctly show.

Refuge Augs...please explain.

Edit: 8/22/2010
New bug with fomelo discovered and fixed. Seems that if you open a tome and then close it without giving it any experience, fomelo will suppress the display of both it, AND any previous tome in that line.

For example, open and close body resilience 2 after completing body resilience 1. Fomelo reads that you have #2, so it suppresses the display of #2. However, it shows as no experience in #2, so it also doesn't display that one.

The result is that a tome would mysteriously disappear from Fomelo. You'd still have credit for it in game, but Fomelo didn't display it.

This is fixed now.

Last edited:
Yeah, sadly we create new items but don't always create an image for them. Every once in a while we run a process to find what images are missing, and work on creating them.

I need to add something to make it more automatic.

Just an update, working on a feature for this.

Back
Top Bottom