Policy Questions Thread

It's a winged 6-man zone. The "out of the wing" thing applies to those special cases of 6man content in zones that aren't 6-man zones.

You shouldn't be buff/rez botting in that zone. Having buffbots just outside in Lake Starfall is fine, though.

It's a winged 6-man zone. The "out of the wing" thing applies to those special cases of 6man content in zones that aren't 6-man zones.

You shouldn't be buff/rez botting in that zone. Having buffbots just outside in Lake Starfall is fine, though.

Why do intricacies like this exist. What is the difference between buffing at the zoneline and buffing at the zoneline outside? Your not inside a wing so where is the problem with this.

What's the difference between buffing at the zoneline and buffing just inside the wing. What's the difference between buffing just inside the wing and buffing slightly further inside. What's the difference between buffing further inside and parking a whole squad of buffbots in front of a boss.

If I had to guess, the reason would be something like that.

Or a little more clearly: a zoneline is a nice, clear distinction. It's not hard to see people going "well you just died but I have a buffbot in the zone and it's still clear to the zoneline, I'll just run them up here and rebuff, no one will notice."

Yeah I am just being stupid and none of what I said actually matters since everyone and their grandmothers reapplies a buff through soulbond anyway should they die or lose something crucial on a clear.

What Zaela said is right. A line has to be drawn somewhere. The zoneline is a nice place for that line.

HmalB question. I see it takes 6 people to claim a 6 man zone but it also says you can not enter HmalB if you did not trigger the instance. So if I have 6 people all ready to go but there is 2 people waiting around already in HmalB, who has claim? I can't go in the zone since he started it but he can't claim since there are only 2. Would I be in the right to have all my guys outside the stone terror and then ask him to leave?

HmalB question. I see it takes 6 people to claim a 6 man zone but it also says you can not enter HmalB if you did not trigger the instance. So if I have 6 people all ready to go but there is 2 people waiting around already in HmalB, who has claim? I can't go in the zone since he started it but he can't claim since there are only 2. Would I be in the right to have all my guys outside the stone terror and then ask him to leave?

Well, it depends. If they are actively getting their group back to resume hunting in the area, then no. If they are just sticking around, then yes, you should communicate with them and ask them to allow your group the chance to hunt there. If they are just squatting and refuse to leave to allow your group in, then you should petition.

I would like to point out that you generally don't need to petition in this case. The people in the zone will know if they are just squatting or legitimately trying to recover from a wipe and will respond accordingly. Squatting to keep out a legitimate group after a GM gets involved is just a bad idea, and most people who are of the level to do HMalB know better and behave better.

Thanks for the clarification. I was thinking myself in circles and didn't really want to ruin the day of someone that must of really wanted the mob for camping out so long if I wasn't 100% sure I was in the right.

In theory this is a nice thought, but whoever starts clearing first ends up getting away with it 99% of the time regardless who was in first and what have you.

I had a question regarding treasure maps. I understand that you're not allowed to log in a camped out character to loot items from an encounter that he was not involved in, but what if you just logged the character on to bash it? I sometimes to treasure maps with my brother, and sadly none of our strongest characters can bash the chest :p I wouldn't loot anything with a character was logged out, but the rules (as of right now) don't touch on the issue of just using someone to bash and/or lockpick it. Thank you :)

That's fine as long as you didn't have 18 other people doing the map. Bringing in an outsider player that would be "19th man" helping out wouldn't be okay. If you were doing the map with 17 and brought in that 18th to bash it, that's fine.

That all said, since he wasn't "actively participating", he wouldn't be eligible for loot.

That's fine as long as you didn't have 18 other people doing the map. Bringing in an outsider player that would be "19th man" helping out wouldn't be okay. If you were doing the map with 17 and brought in that 18th to bash it, that's fine.

That all said, since he wasn't "actively participating", he wouldn't be eligible for loot.

Okay, thank you. My brother and I are just doing VE-D maps, since it's just both of us two boxing, but I was thinking of just logging out one of my characters to load up my SK just to bash the chest once it pops. We're not doing any of the 18 people maps, and I don't have any intention of looting on my SK unless he was one of the people logged in and active for the fight.

Also, I had one more question. I tried doing a search for a thread but was wondering if there is any kind of way of transferring a character from one account to another. Sorry if i'm beating a dead horse on this issue, i just couldn't find anything through the search engine.

Okay, thank you. My brother and I are just doing VE-D maps, since it's just both of us two boxing, but I was thinking of just logging out one of my characters to load up my SK just to bash the chest once it pops. We're not doing any of the 18 people maps, and I don't have any intention of looting on my SK unless he was one of the people logged in and active for the fight.

Tarutao: Could he switch in his SK for a certain "dig spawn" because he feels the SK would be more effective given that certain set of mobs? And then after the next dig more mobs spawn and he feels his Pally would be more effective with that mob set?

Is switching out toons after a dig allowed and if so, would both the camped toon and the active toon be eligible for loot provided both help win atleast 1 map round?

Also, I had one more question. I tried doing a search for a thread but was wondering if there is any kind of way of transferring a character from one account to another. Sorry if i'm beating a dead horse on this issue, i just couldn't find anything through the search engine.

The "Character and Account Management" thread in the Policy Plaza forum (you were already so close to it!).

Here's a link: http://forum.shardsofdalaya.com/showthread.php?t=20065

Tarutao: Could he switch in his SK for a certain "dig spawn" because he feels the SK would be more effective given that certain set of mobs? And then after the next dig more mobs spawn and he feels his Pally would be more effective with that mob set?

Is switching out toons after a dig allowed and if so, would both the camped toon and the active toon be eligible for loot provided both help win atleast 1 map round?

This feels a lot like asking if you can camp characters for half of an encounter to avoid AEs and then load them back in for the kill. I'm going to say "no" because otherwise you could load several alts to Character, have each ccharacter other than the digger do one wave with the digger, then load any of them for the loot, and that really goes against the spirit of the 2box rule as well as against the spirit of the rule clarification a couple years ago that led to the "Out of Raid Looting" clause.

Short answer: "no". Have the characters doing the map be the ones doing the map.

The "Character and Account Management" thread in the Policy Plaza forum (you were already so close to it!).

Here's a link: http://forum.shardsofdalaya.com/showthread.php?t=20065

This feels a lot like asking if you can camp characters for half of an encounter to avoid AEs and then load them back in for the kill. I'm going to say "no" because otherwise you could load several alts to Character, have each ccharacter other than the digger do one wave with the digger, then load any of them for the loot, and that really goes against the spirit of the 2box rule as well as against the spirit of the rule clarification a couple years ago that led to the "Out of Raid Looting" clause.

Short answer: "no". Have the characters doing the map be the ones doing the map.

I think what Robby was asking dilluted what I was trying to ask (sorry Robby!! Know you meant well :) )

I just was wondering if I could use the SK to bash, just like some people use ringers to come in just to lockpick or bash the chest. He would just be a tool to open it for my characters that participated, and nothing more. Not trying to loot anything with him.

Btw, thanks for the re-direction to the thread, Tao. Can't believe I missed that... I sent you a e-mail btw, about one of my past accounts.

I will try and answer this question because it doesn't look like it has been answered for a week.
Unless something has changed very recently this would be against the rules. You must use the folks that did the map to open up the treasure chest. You can not have an outside source contribute for this. So every map team will need a lock picker or a basher of sorts. You are not to use another character to bash or lockpick a map. This would include a 65 character to come and bash a simple map.
Maps are considered a mini event of sorts and they are meant to be done as such. Similiarly, you cannot have someone join your group just before you bash open the chest just so they can loot what is inside. (I have seen people asking if others want map drops in /shout while running through a zone before).

Edit: I apologize for adding this. I remember being told by a GM that this was against the rules. I remember wanting to 2-box a few maps but was told I couldn't because I didn't have a character class that could bash or pick. Thank you for the clarification. I will also fix my post on the suggestion thread.

Last edited:
I was informed that it's my call to make zones like Yclist having others there farming trash, and I have to kick them out? Is that true? I figured once I had 18 in zone, then people would realize they can't be there.

Back
Top Bottom