Opuses and Class 3/4 tomes suggestion.

And yet those suggestions do nothing for the situation in this thread. I don't even know why those things came up. I know serveral players that give away items to new players. Nothing new there.

I think thaz was put in to fill the hole of thaz being taken out because it was an overly easy loot pinata.

Great a thread about changing a tome you deemed poopy. And it benefited your main I'm assuming? How is that different from those here wanting tomes to benefit them?

Channeling.....posted because it would....make you better?

What about idea's for people other than yourself?

And throwing around fame for everything and running GM events all the time isnt going to improve anything. Honestly it can be a massive headache. I don't have the ability to script one or I would. Seemingly when I run treasure hunts people complain terribly about the spam. Hell I even asked to start giving away small amounts of fame for the hunts I do. And it was OK'd in small amounts and I did this for some time. But seriously you stop wanting to do those things when people complain about spam. Or when you ran a war over tier people would just come and kill it and trivialize any fun out of it for others. I mean seriously I saw Eisley flat out tank and kill an entire invasion before more people over tier showed up.

I really don't mind running events and never have.

It wouldn't be free.....

My suggestion was at nearly 10x the ammount of exp time to complete it. 10x.

I'm talking MONTHS to complete a tome. On par time investment as raiding for it.

Why not an alternative to only grinding tomes? Mix it up a bit? Anyone think that would be a bad idea?

I'm very far from running out of droppable books to read. So, I'm not in this thread to improve my character, but I would like my friends who are in that group, along with those who have run out of all tomes (drop and no drop) want to play this game again.

I would love to see something that makes someone just starting tomes, someone like Ryst, and someone like Zapple want to go kill monsters for a few hours. Can we make something like that? I think we can. Will we? I hope so.

Oh and I did put put the stop developing t12+ in there just so the upper tiers would know how it would feel when you have nothing left to do which I thought this is what this discussion was aimed at. And you only reaffirmed that we would "Lose a bunch of people" So why isn't their progression just as important as yours for fear of losing people who have "Nothing left to do."?
People who have nothing left to put exp into need something developed for them.

I've always like Expable items.

This right here is allready in place. See Eisley, Erude, Shimone, Tevinter. Sure there is a thing here or there that might be useful, but they continue to play and kill things because they enjoy playing the game with friends. There have been many people along the way that have continued to play even when there wasn't anything to put exp into.

I would not be opposed to the exp a book thing and turn into for something cool. I really like the idea of force popping a named mob. ie. MK, MT, MB, Fae, or even a raid thing.

Channeling.....posted because it would....make you better?.

No because it would add a bit more balance. Wizards got pooped on with that change. They should be the single highest dmg in the game, but they aren't. Erude is in the process of compiling parses to show this, but as it stands rangers and rogues are both significantly higher dps on almost any fight than wizard and they shouldn't be. The have almost no limitations ie not dependent on mana just not much movement so you can backstab for rogue and arrow dependent for rangers. Not only that, but when a rogue or ranger takes aggro they can evade or jolt, but most importantly have higher defense mods,hps, ac so they can take the hits needed not to get insta killed. Also they have the stance that evades all incoming attacks. A wizard just gets hose when it gets aggro if it doesnt lose aggro almost immediately on anything of difficulty.

I'm just against giving everything to someone for nothing. I am 100000000000% FOR GIVING YOU ANOTHER METHOD OF PUTTING YOUR EXP INTO. I AM 100000% AGAINST TAKING IT FROM HIGH END RAID CONTENT AND GIVING IT FOR FREE.

Being against giving everything for nothing, I take it you donate to the server? Or am I "working hard" so you can play, while the server uses my money to cater to you?

Yale

This right here is allready in place. See Eisley, Erude, Shimone, Tevinter. Sure there is a thing here or there that might be useful, but they continue to play and kill things because they enjoy playing the game with friends. There have been many people along the way that have continued to play even when there wasn't anything to put exp into.

I would not be opposed to the exp a book thing and turn into for something cool. I really like the idea of force popping a named mob. ie. MK, MT, MB, Fae, or even a raid thing.

I just wanted to get this thread back on track and away from the negativity and I'm glad you said enjoy playing with friends.

I know a lot of those people played when we had a high population. I know many log in to play with friends. I like that. I like the idea of this server being a fun place to hang out with your friends. And I just want to retain it for people to be able to do that by improving Quality of life by playing.

I know tons of people have kids now that didn't when I started playing. I know real life has taken many out of this game that are too busy to play. To many time constraints.

Eliminating downtime would be HUGE. I cannot express how much more so. I know I would rather spend more time hanging out with cool dudes and exping and stuff than buffing or soloing.
It would just make things better.

But If running out of things to exp is now starting to be a problem. Then there has to be a solution. I just want it to be a cool easy going discussion most people that know me know I will talk about anything openly with an open mind.

An idea left unsaid is an idea lost. We need as many idea's as possible. I mean I would like to see the server hit 300+ again and I know sometimes it's just the little QoL things that make the experience more enjoyable.

Simple example is the Graphics bug. It was a pain in the ass. Now its gone and things are amazing.

I think this server could go far if people could compromise and work on the problems instead of just attacking each other over an internet idea.

Again I want this to be a cool place to hang out for everybody not a drama bomb place nobody wants to log into or help it grow as a community.

It's been a long time about how class dmg is was considered but Wizards are suppose to be Top Burst caster DPS and Rogues as top Sustained over time followed by monk ranger bst.

I remember it being talked about a LONG time ago but dont fully remember the order of what the DPS list actually was.

NGL I bust the staff's balls from time to time but the Dev team and gm's have been making alot of strides recently in the QoL department, sure there have been some thing recently that haven't been so great but meh give it time.

It's been a long time about how class dmg is was considered but Wizards are suppose to be Top Burst caster DPS and Rogues as top Sustained over time followed by monk ranger bst.

I remember it being talked about a LONG time ago but dont fully remember the order of what the DPS list actually was.

Sorry to derail the conversation but, was this an official chart? or was it just some people talking, because I hear people say things with absolute confidence like this all the time, but have never once seen anything that says from someone with authority "This is our intention".

Yale

I think Slaar made a post about it at some point... can't remember if it was 'official', but I recall it asking for input as to what the dps list should work like, both in duration and burst.

Sorry to derail the conversation but, was this an official chart? or was it just some people talking, because I hear people say things with absolute confidence like this all the time, but have never once seen anything that says from someone with authority "This is our intention".

Yale
It was way way way back. 2008 maybe? So I couldn't honestly tell you much more just that there was some sort of idea as to where DPS for classes should be.

I would take those rankings with a pound of salt because they could be as archaic as Wiz's original layout. Where paladins were supposed to have higher dps output than shadowknights somehow. I don't think the newer devs had any of that in mind while making current loot that people use.

Exactly I just know there was an idea at one point of where classes should be for DPS. But with current gear and spell's, focus, body types. ect ect it probably isnt even close anymore. So much has changed since.

Right and thats why some things should be rebalanced or looked into to ensure that these things get placed back in line.

I would start a new thread. State reasoning. New body types. Gear. Spells. Focus. Ect ect.

I know most classes are pretty up and down over the wide range of tiers jumping and then dropping. It's really not linear.

Back
Top Bottom