Opuses and Class 3/4 tomes suggestion.

Making them droppable is an option. It would not make those who worked hard to raid them get anything less, and those who do not want to put the time into the raid scene could spend the time to get the money and buy them.

The only problem would be making sure the fights that dropped them required enough characters that they could not easily be farmed solely for plat.

As for them coming off things that are not raid mobs, I do not see that happening. Hell, Thaz has made them much, much easier to get and lowered the required "tier" substantially. Also, I think the prevalence of people not in the raid game who have nothing more to put exp into is much lower than people are espousing in this thread.

How many of the people posting here are lower than tier 9/10 and honestly can say that they have no where else to put experience into other than Opus'? And of those people, how many are not currently raiding to progress to that level?

There are a few things I see as problematic with this.

Knowing how raid guilds work, the droppable tomes will not hit the market in many many years, not until all alts of every raider is equipped with the books. So you would just have made the non raiding alts very happy.

Second, if I understand you right, you are saying that unless you are raiding, you cant get the thing that was put in, since we cant get more AA's. That is like having AA's that you only can get thru raiding? That doesn't really sound like intended.

Finally, how many have already quit this game since they had no more stuff to do? Usually it is the persons that used to be raiders, that got other things stealing time IRL (kids, work, stuff) and now can't be raiders anymore. For those there is nothing to do and nothing to hope for? What you are saying is once you retire from the raiding scene you might as well retire from the game. To have a tome that do the same thing as the raid drop version, but takes like 10 times more xp to fill would hopefully keep the old players on the server.

For me, I will probably keep on doing stuff, but it will be less and less time, since friends stop playing, I have less to do and I still dont have the time (or timezone) to raid with the people I would want to raid with.

Even if we implement expandable experience rewards, which we want to do at some point soon, it will only mitigate the fact that there is some end to experience progression that only moves when new high tier content is added.
Prohibit leeching.

Back
Top Bottom