Opuses and Class 3/4 tomes suggestion.

"Tons of different tomes" isn't that exactly what you are looking for? Access to more tomes? Why shouldn't the whole server get access to more tomes or again, should it just be for people who want opuses but don't want to raid for them?

Just my view:
1 mob, 1 tome. Maybe scaling the xp required to do it by the tier of the monster. You kill it, it may or may not drop what you want. You don't kill it and leave it up? someone else does. I'm not suggesting this is a "you xp this book and you get exactly the loot you want."

Why should it be different than normally killing the monster? MK doesn't give you 6 loots now. This is a chance for more access to monsters, not promised loot trains.

I don't know how many mobs. I imagine that a preliminary set of 6-mans could be beta tested and if it works out, and people like it, and it's not crazy unbalancing, then it could be expanded.

Quoting myself again:
Elaborate your idea, then post it in a new thread. Its not as easy going as it seems imo.

Just my view:
1 mob, 1 tome. Maybe scaling the xp required to do it by the tier of the monster. You kill it, it may or may not drop what you want. You don't kill it and leave it up? someone else does. I'm not suggesting this is a "you xp this book and you get exactly the loot you want."

Why should it be different than normally killing the monster? MK doesn't give you 6 loots now. This is a chance for more access to monsters, not promised loot trains.

I don't know how many mobs. I imagine that a preliminary set of 6-mans could be beta tested and if it works out, and people like it, and it's not crazy unbalancing, then it could be expanded.

This idea just uses the same concept as the status quo

What 6-man content drops opuses or class 3/4s?
None. That's what this discussion is about

This idea just uses the same concept as the status quo
Giving everyone something to xp that will let them spawn a monster that they have been looking for and is heavily contested? Is this currently done and I'm just not playing the game right?

Giving everyone something to xp that will let them spawn a monster that they have been looking for and is heavily contested? Is this currently done and I'm just not playing the game right?

Not everyone is looking for a mob.

please, do elaborate that idea, cus it is a nice idea if its doable, but there is a lot of work to be done to make it happen. So start a thread about that instead.

It is a new idea for emberflow mobs and QP's yes, I would say more, but I'm done derailing, it has nothing to do with the subject we are talking about.

It is a new idea for emberflow mobs and QP's yes, I would say more, but I'm done derailing, it has nothing to do with the subject we are talking about.
It's a new idea for people who have run out of things to put experience points in and would like to a) put experience points in things, b) kill monsters to do that, and c) play this game. Which, regardless of whether it's the title of the thread, is kind of the point behind it, is it not?

Unless, as I said earlier, it's really just about getting tier 10+ things to people who don't want to raid for them, I don't see why alternatives to opuses is a different discussion.

Last edited:
Here is my suggestion,
Put them on a vendor, incrementally higher than the #2's, not absurd though.

1. It would put a demand on tomes and also keeps the market from flooding (with these new tome dropping zones now)
2. Have a translation cost that is more than a normal tome, which pulls some money out of economy, again not absurd
3. People who could not or are having no luck getting opus's now could get them and people who do not raid can also
4. Take the "lesser opus's out of the raid zones and replace their "drop time" with "good ones".
5. People who raid get them for free (also translated) when they drop and they get silly loot from the zone as well.

This seems win, win to me

Yale

It's a new idea for people who have run out of things to put experience points in and would like to a) put experience points in things, b) kill monsters to do that, and c) play this game. Which, regardless of whether it's the title of the thread, is kind of the point behind it, is it not?

Putting xp into something that does not progress your character does nothing to fix the problem.

Are all the mobs just tank and spank?
Who are they balanced off of?
If they aren't all tank and spank, are we not just creating the same paradigm? People who don't raid typically don't have hours upon hours to sit around and try to figure how to kill some mob that apparently other people will take if they don't. Its just the raid game, but a different take on it. it does not solve the problem for people who cannot or do not want to play with that kind of a setup.

Are you volunteering to fund and put the man hours behind this elaborate project?

Yale

Last edited:
Putting xp into something that does not progress your character does nothing to fix the problem.

Yale
I imagine that the quest flags, quest drops, emberflow tomes, and gear that these monsters drop certainly would progress characters. But even if it didn't, how about some of the other potential things that could be done with (new thing you put experience points in)? Trade it to an npc for expendable clickies, or augs, or things like that? Are those progression/advancement enough? Or does it need to be already existing opuses and nothing else is sufficient?

I'm really just trying to come up with solutions that make the game better for everyone. Not just a tiny subset of players that have run out of tomes to xp and want raid tomes but don't want to raid; not just the subset of players who can get opuses; everyone who is at the point of reading tomes.

I imagine that the quest flags, quest drops, emberflow tomes, and gear that these monsters drop certainly would progress characters. But even if it didn't, how about some of the other potential things that could be done with (new thing you put experience points in)? Trade it to an npc for expendable clickies, or augs, or things like that? Are those progression/advancement enough? Or does it need to be already existing opuses and nothing else is sufficient?

I'm really just trying to come up with solutions that make the game better for everyone. Not just a tiny subset of players that have run out of tomes to xp and want raid tomes but don't want to raid; not just the subset of players who can get opuses; everyone who is at the point of reading tomes.

Reread my post, I edited it

Reread my post, I edited it
Check.

I mean, you're spawning monsters that already exist, so their strats are their strats. I wasn't thinking you'd fill a tome to spawn Queen of the Fae, and spawn Queen of the Fae - easymode+definitelydroppingarobe,grats. The monster's drops and quest status is kind of balanced around the encounter as it currently is, so changing them all would be massive amounts of work. Spawning them as they already exist? idk, but I have to assume less.

Yeah, if you spawn a thing and don't know the strat to do it, well that would be a bad idea. But why would someone xp to spawn a thing they don't know that they can probably kill? It's not like it would be fail once and it's gone, you'd have standard 6-man claim to the monster if not some "even better than that" rights.

Also, allowing people alternate ways of gaining books does not solve the problem in the long run just delays the problem further. Because eventually they will run out of the opus to do after they get them all

Also, allowing people alternate ways of gaining books does not solve the problem in the long run just delays the problem further. Because eventually they will run out of the opus to do after they get them all

I have played for 8+ years and I still do not have all of the tomes done. I would be suprised if Sod made it 8 more. That would be a good run. Nothing is going to "solve" the problem in the game except to make a new game. I am telling you this would extend the life of the game by keeping people around. what are your expectations on how long this game will last? forever?

Yale

The people who are expressing their interest on this subject are all people who at one point or another raided this. Agik, gargate and yale have all been in guilds who have been capable at one point or another.

then you have people like
http://shardsofdalaya.com/fomelo/fomelo.php?char=paxit
http://shardsofdalaya.com/fomelo/fomelo.php?char=ishlana

who are monsters in their own right and literally have every tome done and haven't yet voiced their concerns. Again this seems to me like a bunch of old players wanting what they couldn't get when their guild was doing the content.

tbh deein I wont be around long enough to benefit from it even if they were to add them today, I've got a pretty long list of games to check out and play and all I'm trying to do is help the QoL in a game that I enjoyed and hopefully help others enjoy more.

Then why is this even an issue?

It was an example to show that not everybody is this person you seem to paint as the poster child and measuring tool that you and many others use for reference in SoD.
I am nearing the point of having no more useful tomes to do

Yale

Back
Top Bottom