Nonlinear Monk Glove Progression

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pointless bickering aside, seems reasonable enough. I know Slaar recently adjusted monks a bit but it's on the docket. Still blocked on external factors until I can do some testing on this.
what would it take for jumbers to be not involved in the server anymore since he is a problem for everyone?

I like both yursio and Hugh.

Edit: On topic, the range 8 is in a good place for SKs endgame and its decent for tanks. You could say the ring fire focus is the loot designed for monks and the gloves are a bonus

Last edited:
Pointless bickering aside, seems reasonable enough. I know Slaar recently adjusted monks a bit but it's on the docket. Still blocked on external factors until I can do some testing on this.
I'm available to parse for incredibly long stretches of time if it's necessary and have a whole bunch of proc damage math already completed. Let me know if any of this is useful to you.

I like both yursio and Hugh.

Edit: On topic, the range 8 is in a good place for SKs endgame and its decent for tanks. You could say the ring fire focus is the loot designed for monks and the gloves are a bonus
The original iteration of these gloves makes it very clear that it was designed as "monk loot" despite also being a very good item for tanks.

It seems to me that melodico is critiquing loot he hasn't earned either. I think that boosting bw gloves a tiny bit and nerfing lower gloves a tiny bit might be a good middle ground. Also there is the option of putting h2h mods on other monk usable gear to balance out the overall monk progression as opposed to just looking at gloves. I think to say that anything isn't an option when balancing these things is counterproductive to the point of the exercise. I would say more but I disagree with validating feedback from unqualified participants.

It seems to me that melodico is critiquing loot he hasn't earned either.
The only loot critiquing I have done here is to stand up for lower tiered gloves, all of which I have killed personally with keyed / flagged chars. At no point have I said BW gloves need X Y Z adjustments made. Whats more - I am not illegitimately obtaining loot and then suggesting it be changed.
I think that boosting bw gloves a tiny bit and nerfing lower gloves a tiny bit might be a good middle ground
My point, with regards to glove adjustment, is that poorly evaluated end game nerfs don't justify nerfing things below them.
I think to say that anything isn't an option when balancing these things is counterproductive
What is counterproductive is justifying more nerfs based upon previous bad nerfs, rather than evaluating a previous nerf and considering it over-the-top.
I would say more but I disagree with validating feedback from unqualified participants.
Nice quip, if only it were applicable. You're still a self-righteous douche - please refer to top 5 /15 list & post.

my innocence is still maintained. feedback from unqualified participants.

Dude, you even apologized to me in game at one point a couple years ago, lol. Innocence? Seriously going with that these days?
As far as being unqualified, again, we killed the mob and looted the item in question. Maybe put in a petition and address this unfairness?
I hate to bring up the old shit, since in spite of it, we've always seemed to get along fine, but why are you suddenly on here trying to start shit? What are you so mad about? Is this something we can fix? I'm just not buying this whole narrative about it being ok to kill things you didn't flag for yourself, but you better not talk about it. That's just silly. Hell, I didn't even make the thread. Is everything ok? Can we just talk about monk gloves yet?

Anyone from SB who still has an axe to grind needs to move on. I didn't do shit to you, and have since been a leading member of numerous guilds who has positively contributed to this server for years.
As far as being unqualified,
You are resurrecting a toon to do flagged events that you havn't flagged for. Thus unqualified. Cut & dry. Which is fine, I've done it, others have too. But don't turn around and seek changing of said loot w/o putting in the work (patience) to have earned it.
why are you suddenly on here trying to start shit?
Despite your repeated insistence, my goal here is not to provoke. I genuinely feel that one's input regarding loot should be weighed against their eligibility to obtain said loot. I'm not suggesting you can't talk about it, but stop trying to get your gear changed that you didn't earn. Its more than just being able to kill a mob.

Monk gloves, previous BW glove nerf excessive, runner up gloves ok as is, their agro? always terrible.

Pazms while I agree with you on some of your points and am not very fond of hugh or marthog, it's a little ridiculous to say they don't deserve to critique the loot because they aren't eligible to trigger the mob. Maybe if they were still using Jraul to trigger blazewind but Crynel is literally in the guild.

You are resurrecting a toon to do flagged events that you havn't flagged for. Thus unqualified. Cut & dry. Which is fine, I've done it, others have too. But don't turn around and seek changing of said loot w/o putting in the work (patience) to have earned it.

I genuinely feel that one's input regarding loot should be weighed against their eligibility to obtain said loot.

I don't need to know how to fly a helicopter to know that if I see one in a tree someone fucked up.

@Pazms /shrug Still don't see why you care so much, but w/e. Agree to disagree.

and Sabuti, I think we've probably always gotten along fine also until whatever that internet argument was that we had a couple weeks ago or something happened. It seems to be a trend. I used to be able to ignore internet troll type stuff. Suddenly I suck at it. Maybe I'm turning into a grumpy old man. I'm sure my guild probably thinks so.

I feel like the tier of gloves lower than the bw gloves might seem more fine if there were at least a couple other gloves itemized in there somewhere to fill the gaps and smooth out the progression. I guess the ones in Valor A kinda fit that bill. I think those are what I wore before Silence, but that was a long time ago, so I might be misremembering...

Honestly with monks, things such as being an agro bomb, but needing to keep up a consistent attack without flopping to get the extra dps focus thing as part of our dps mechanic is a bit of a mess, and I also feel like the Curator hat for monks could use a look as I think (I could absolutely be wrong) the change that brought our dependence on Dex (and str) happened after this item was made with its large -dex. I feel like maybe it was initially supposed to be an actual option for monks, if not a next step in item progression.

even if you proc on 6 targets with Ule's conception, every single proc, you'll still do less DPS than just using UC gloves. it doesn't help that UC gloves are from an easier/equally hard monster. the abyss claws have no proc, only 5 elemental damage, are one of the most commonly resisted types, and silence is a better option from an easier mob.

Tev, I don't know if this is ended up being true, but quoting Slaariel from the We all love monks thread: “Each +damage on gloves grants +0.05 ratio now (which is about the same as it was before).” So i think the element doesn't actually matter, just the amount of damage.

Tev, I don't know if this is ended up being true, but quoting Slaariel from the We all love monks thread: “Each +damage on gloves grants +0.05 ratio now (which is about the same as it was before).” So i think the element doesn't actually matter, just the amount of damage.

I checked with Slaar about that and he said that resist still function as a part of the damage mechanic, so the element on the glove matters very much.

Nerfing existing items that have been around a long time is generally a bad idea , if its not done soon after the item is introduced it will cause alot of animosity which is much more amplified the higher tier of said item. Creating a few more options seems to be an easy course of action to remedy monk glove love imho.

>Anyone from SB who still has an axe to grind needs to move on. I didn't do shit to you

A flat out lie. You changed every password you had access to including retired accounts who specifically intended on SB having access to them FOREVER. You were a spoiled alcoholic brat then and it seems no better now. You should be begging Hugh for forgiveness.

>and have since been a leading member of numerous guilds who has positively contributed to this server

You positively contribute to my recruiting efforts when I tell people of your (very real) history.

You should quit for good Pazms. Nobody worth knowing likes you.

P.S.

Monk fist progression is a joke t3 > t9 > t13
wake up devs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom