Nonlinear Monk Glove Progression

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone sitting here saying "Matron's grasp got nerfed, thus lets nerf UC and silence gloves" is an idiot.
Readjusting Matron's grasp makes sense... if an active guild ever becomes self-qualified to kill that mob again.

I feel like you're sitting there taking subtle shots at folks, but who even said that? Just a hypothetical, just in case someone thinks those things should be nerfed for that reason, they would be an idiot? Idk, maybe I just didn't read back far enough.

I have Silence as a probably t10 monk and my DPS runs about 850 varying like 110 dps depending on the fight (resists, movement, target swiching, etc). Equivalently geared Necros, rangers, wizards and Magicians in my guild are running about 915-1010 dps. You nerf Silence or any of the other t9+ gloves and you are going to wreck what is probably a good dps range for monks. I am not saying its gonna make me quit but I think it would be short sighted and and a big middle finger to the player base.

Claws have been mentioned a lot here actually but mostly in the context of a t3 boe is better than a t9 drop. I used claws for a long time for the stats and h2h over my flowing red leaf gloves I had been using to that point for what was a very tiny upgrade in dps performance (if it even was, I dont have those parses anymore) but used them for the survival the stats gave me. They arent a bad glove but they preform like they are t7 and again, and I can't stress this enough, ARE BEATEN LIKE A RUN AWAY SLAVE BY A T3 BOE!

I had the chance to get Ule's but I didn't for several reasons one of which was having access to them during monk aggro bug which kinda made them seem like a liability but most of the reasons revolve around wanting to be taken to 6mans and not having to switch my gloves for every other trash pull/boss fight because I can't break mez. Encounters where they are safe to use make the proc pretty useless. I cant use it with adds because I will break mez and its ineffective against single targets making other gloves much better. So even if they were worth wearing I would still only be wearing them for less than a 3rd of my play time, which doesn't so much strike me as an upgrade or progression but more of a "This is a fun item for these 12 specific fights". These gloves are an ice elemental illusion I can't take off and while itemized to look good (27 str/dex on the wiki but probably nerfed down like all the other gloves in game, -1% aggression, 6 elemental damage and +10 h2h skill) those gloves are in the same class as Bracelet_of_Golden_Ice in that they look good on paper but are actually a joke in use.

Lets go back to Ule's real quick. Why does a t10 glove have the same ele damage and more h2h as a t13 glove?

Talk of nerfing other gloves, which are more likely on par for performance like Silence and UC gloves, to bring them more in line with gloves that are demonstrably weak is foolish and also not what this is thread is about. If any glove needs to get nerfed its SSG, which would bring back around the actual topic of glove progression being pretty weak.

Last edited:
Matrons grasp originally was 15h2h and 8 elem dmg with a crazy proc that got really crazy on long fights with lots of adds. The gloves got nerfed, the proc probably should have gotten nerfed but the other two things definitely should not have. I think the whole problem here is as people have said there are just not enough gloves at this point in the game, it is weird that like spires+yclist +thaz + sanctum + turruj don't have an upgrade.

Last edited:
Anyone sitting here saying "Matron's grasp got nerfed, thus lets nerf UC and silence gloves" is an idiot.
Readjusting Matron's grasp makes sense... if an active guild ever becomes self-qualified to kill that mob again.
I'd like to point out that there are 2 guilds actively kill that mob.

I'd like to point out that there are 2 guilds actively kill that mob.

He was basically taking a subtle shot at two guilds' worth of folks with the "self-qualified" part I think, but yeah, I don't see where it makes a difference on item balance. A dead mob is a dead mob. An item out of balance is an item out of balance. It seems to be a thing to insult whole guilds lately.

He was basically taking a subtle shot at two guilds' worth of folks with the "self-qualified" part I think, but yeah, I don't see where it makes a difference on item balance. A dead mob is a dead mob. An item out of balance is an item out of balance. It seems to be a thing to insult whole guilds lately.

If you didn't earn the right to kill a mob, but then turn around and critique the loot you're getting......

even if you proc on 6 targets with Ule's conception, every single proc, you'll still do less DPS than just using UC gloves. it doesn't help that UC gloves are from an easier/equally hard monster. the abyss claws have no proc, only 5 elemental damage, are one of the most commonly resisted types, and silence is a better option from an easier mob.

If you didn't earn the right to kill a mob, but then turn around and critique the loot you're getting......
as awful as both guilds are the fact that they are unlucky with a 1% or 2% drop chance item doesn't really change their ability to kill the monster. it doesn't take anything special to realize that maybe BW gloves aren't a huge upgrade over a drop from a tier 10 monster.

Last edited:
as awful as both guilds are the fact that they are unlucky with a 1% or 2% drop chance item doesn't really change there ability to kill the monster. it doesn't take anything special to realize that maybe BW gloves aren't a huge upgrade over a drop from a tier 10 monster.
Their*

I have no opinion on this post, frankly seeing monks with the current items parse 1600-2000 on most raids seems pretty good to me, no need to change things other than maybe the resist type of the proc so they arnt useless in so many situations/zones

Please enlighten me as to how this is hypocritical.
Where have I critiqued loot that I didn't earn?

How wasn't this loot earned? Did we not kill PE before ever touching Spires, and did we not kill Saitha before ever touching Turruj? We've had Rujik on farm for the past what, 8 months? And we're supposed to just sit around and wait for the rarest item in the game to drop to give input on an item's stats when we have keyed tanks in our guild. Makes sense.

61471012.jpg

re: why fix gloves when monks are in a good place dps-wise ----
Their*
I have no opinion on this post, frankly seeing monks with the current items parse 1600-2000 on most raids seems pretty good to me, no need to change things other than maybe the resist type of the proc so they arnt useless in so many situations/zones

better to finish the monk rework now by tuning some obviously out of line items, than for it to become a bigger problem later

How wasn't this loot earned? Did we not kill PE before ever touching Spires, and did we not kill Saitha before ever touching Turruj? We've had Rujik on farm for the past what, 8 months? And we're supposed to just sit around and wait for the rarest item in the game to drop to give input on an item's stats when we have keyed tanks in our guild. Makes sense.

Reading is hard: I'm not critiquing the fact that you're killing it, I'm saying you don't get to criticize loot and take a stance of loot should be changed on BW encounter, when you aren't qualified to kill BW in the first place.

For those who are unaware - it's not simply 'waiting for rare drop from Rujik' as has been suggested. There is an entire quest line and a number of unique, challenging encounters within that have to be completed before being able to access BW. Currently, old toons are being recycled to circumvent, thus my criticism.

And we're supposed to just sit around and wait ... to give input on an item's stats.

Reading is hard

I also understand the Jyre quest line and having to kill other things for the weapon. I just don't get why you're sitting here policing Hugh for critiquing an item when you're in Turruj before a PE kill, whether you're criticizing an item or not.

Last edited:
Please enlighten me as to how this is hypocritical.
Where have I critiqued loot that I didn't earn?

Have you critiqued anything in the years since being inexplicably let back on the server? How does anything we get from that count any less than anything you get period? and what did we do to you that makes you so hellbent on starting a fight?

Pointless bickering aside, seems reasonable enough. I know Slaar recently adjusted monks a bit but it's on the docket. Still blocked on external factors until I can do some testing on this.

Have you critiqued anything in the years since being inexplicably let back on the server? How does anything we get from that count any less than anything you get period? and what did we do to you that makes you so hellbent on starting a fight?

1) I was never removed from the server. Thanks for bringing up an unrelated, 5+ year old storyline in which my innocence is still maintained. You are a quality individual Hugh.
2) The difference between DK killing things out of order and you w/ BW is that we didn’t turn around and post a bunch of whining on the forums regarding content we weren’t flagged for, you did.
3) Changing the lesser monk gloves is not the solution here. Readjusting BW gloves might be, but again, I disagree w validating feedback from unqualified participants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom