Codex of Power Revamp

We will likely make them droppable after we pull the merchant that sells them, and possibly add some extra cost value to them. That way they can simply be sold back to a merchant.

it either needs to be opps sol or some sorta plat refund to completed CoP's if it were to be 100% fair and equal for all.

that or give me some time I'll go through and buy cops on my alt chars so i can turn them in for a profit after.......

I speak only for myself, but I'd be content with a "no" on this. Those of us who have already reaped the benefits of CoPs over the past years have received a return on that investment many times over, I feel. :)

I wouldn't turn my nose up at logging into a few thousand extra platinum on my cursor, but I would be surprised if the staff were to dole out this much cash to such a massive swath of the playerbase!
Only people I could see really bothered by this are those who have something like 5 tomes done, and those all being CoP. It'd be rather unfortunate to leave those dudes with 0 tomes to do, not a lot of platinums to buy new books to fill, leaving xp points they've already earned on a banker.

I don't know how many people are in that position. Probably not many.

Only people I could see really bothered by this are those who have something like 5 tomes done, and those all being CoP. It'd be rather unfortunate to leave those dudes with 0 tomes to do, not a lot of platinums to buy new books to fill, leaving xp points they've already earned on a banker.

it does kinda suck for those guys still farming charms to have all that money poof.

as a player thats roughly 40k away from supreme charm every plat helps, and if this is roughly 5K I didn't need to spend then yeah lol I want it.

Forgive me if I misunderstood how this works, but if people have maxed out on or don't have opus's they can do, or will not be able to get any because of how the game is, but also have all their tomes done, or at least ones that do something for them, did they just waste their time doing the 5 CoPs ? ( Also taking into consideration some people did the CoP's back when they were harder to do) How is this being addressed? I think it would be fair to say that their are enough people in this situation to warrant consideration.

Yale

Forgive me if I misunderstood how this works, but if people have maxed out on or don't have opus's they can do, or will not be able to get any because of how the game is, but also have all their tomes done, or at least ones that do something for them, did they just waste their time doing the 5 CoPs ? ( Also taking into consideration some people did the CoP's back when they were harder to do) How is this being addressed? I think it would be fair to say that their are enough people in this situation to warrant consideration.

Yale
I believe these people will just end up with banked EXP and have their cop bonus still from having the required amount of exp in other tomes or at least thats how i understood it. So basically those people end up with an Exp Bank they dont have a use for and otherwise should be unaffected.

it does kinda suck for those guys still farming charms to have all that money poof.
I guess so, but the reason I separated out the really low tome people was because I (probably incorrectly) assumed they would have to spend the xp in new tomes to see the % awesome bonus. If you have enough tomes complete to see the bonus, I would imagine you'd be in less of a rush to spend the banked xp (and thus need extra tomes).

I didn't really see 5k spent years ago as really holding people back on their charm farming, but maybe it is.

tbh, I couldn't care less either way.

I believe these people will just end up with banked EXP and have their cop bonus still from having the required amount of exp in other tomes or at least thats how i understood it. So basically those people end up with an Exp Bank they dont have a use for and otherwise should be unaffected.

So it was time wasted in other words..?

Yale

No, not time wasted. You've been enjoying the bonus since you finished it. You're not actually losing anything. You're out nothing. Honestly, if you had know this change was coming way back when you ground out those tomes, would you have just sat there on your thumb thinking "Well, I don't need this huge bonuses between now and then"?

Besides, if you're truly maxed out, as soon as new tomes and AA's come out, you'll have this wonderful bank of exp to be the first person to have them finished where everyone else will have to grind them out.

I guess so, but the reason I separated out the really low tome people was because I (probably incorrectly) assumed they would have to spend the xp in new tomes to see the % awesome bonus. If you have enough tomes complete to see the bonus, I would imagine you'd be in less of a rush to spend the banked xp (and thus need extra tomes).

I didn't really see 5k spent years ago as really holding people back on their charm farming, but maybe it is.

tbh, I couldn't care less either way.

then people who bought CoP's and never did them shouldnt get plat back..... I notice 5k when I'm now 36k away from supreme charm.

then people who bought CoP's and never did them shouldnt get plat back..... I notice 5k when I'm now 36k away from supreme charm.
This almost made me pee my pants. im pretty sure they will do an all or nothing system where either everyone is reimbursed or no one is. Either way it will be fair as it will apply to everyone not to just you. Also im pretty sure the devs/gms/other staff could care less about your charm fund. The rest of us im sure are in a similar stance of couldnt care less about your charm fund but more of an interest in making things fair and balanced as this was the whole point of the thread.

Also makes me laugh at the mentality of the statement kinda sounds like a little kid "well if i don't get to ride the pony he shouldn't either!" no offense gar but cmon dude worry about more than your own pocket book!

No, not time wasted. You've been enjoying the bonus since you finished it. You're not actually losing anything. You're out nothing. Honestly, if you had know this change was coming way back when you ground out those tomes, would you have just sat there on your thumb thinking "Well, I don't need this huge bonuses between now and then"?

Besides, if you're truly maxed out, as soon as new tomes and AA's come out, you'll have this wonderful bank of exp to be the first person to have them finished where everyone else will have to grind them out.

Your out the time you put into finishing them, because even without them odds are you will have enough invested in regular tomes / class tomes to get the full bonuses and for some people that CoP time was significant.

Yale

Your out the time you put into finishing them, because even without them odds are you will have enough invested in regular tomes / class tomes to get the full bonuses and for some people that CoP time was significant.

Yale

Did you read what I said? I don't think you did.

Or you play the game to have fun so you are really not out anything. chances are if you are at this stage of the game and still playing you are "wasting time" as you put it or as the rest of the player base calls it "having fun"

This almost made me pee my pants. im pretty sure they will do an all or nothing system where either everyone is reimbursed or no one is. Either way it will be fair as it will apply to everyone not to just you. Also im pretty sure the devs/gms/other staff could care less about your charm fund. The rest of us im sure are in a similar stance of couldnt care less about your charm fund but more of an interest in making things fair and balanced as this was the whole point of the thread.

Also makes me laugh at the mentality of the statement kinda sounds like a little kid "well if i don't get to ride the pony he shouldn't either!" no offense gar but cmon dude worry about more than your own pocket book!

I'm pretty sure I've stated from the start it needs to be an all or nothing... I'm pretty sure no one cares about what anyone else is doing (humans a pure selfish acts even when we think we are not)

"well if i don't get to ride the pony he shouldn't either!"

sigh again its pure and simple its all or nothing.

you act as if because my reasons/opinion differ from yours I'm not aloud to have them... you know what? go fuck your self.

BUT I would like input from staff IF there will be a positive gain from vendored CoP's then I will create alts to buy CoP's now to finish off the charm.

Just to make sure everyone is on the same page here the change is that any exp you might have put into CoP you can put into other tomes and the net amount of exp you have in other tomes determines your 'CoP bonus' to healing and damage at about the same rate. So like this:

Option 1 (old person) - I have 5 CoP filled on Slaariel that is 550AA worth of exp. Change goes through. I now have 550AA to use to fill up other tomes. Because I have over whatever the baseline ends up being for CoP bonus, my CoP bonus to damage and healing remains the same. I simply have more tomes filled now than I did before.

Option 2 (new person) - I have 0 CoP on my druid. Change goes in. Nothing happens. I get a Tome of the Swift I and start to fill it. As the tome fills, my CoP bonus to damage and healing slowly increases. After filling several tomes, I have capped this bonus and I have the maximum CoP bonus to healing and damage just like Slaariel has.

Option 3 (very old person) - I have all 5 CoP filled and also I have filled every single tome available to me in the entire game. Change goes in. Nothing happens except that now I have potentially more AA to spend in 2.5 or 3.0 or for future tomes when they are released.

No one is missing out in any of these options. No one is disproportionately rewarded except when talking about immediate rewards for people who have filled every tome and even THEY get to have free AA to spend on future tomes and AA as they become available so the reward is longer-term. Please help me understand what the issue is here. No one is getting more of a shortcut than anyone else. No one is getting free exp that they didn't earn and no one is losing exp that they DID earn.

"I would like input from staff IF there will be a positive gain from vendored CoP's then I will create alts to buy CoP's now to finish off the charm."

Are you really asking if you can exploit the CoP change for profit?

Oh I see the issue haha. After the change goes live and people have converted I will make sure to put in a bot that refunds your 10 minutes of Remnants farming or whatever.

Back
Top Bottom