Codex of Power Revamp

I would open it up for anyone that has completed the cop's give them the option of either the exp component of the cop reimbursement or the ability to pick out 2-3 tomes be that opus/class books as thier reimbursement.

You know the other thing that would be really cool? If this change came with increasing the tome bonus back to 25% like it was 100 years ago.

TBH I don't see what removing CoP has to do with making Opus/Class3-4 available to non-raiders. I think these are totally separate issues, other than "XP sinks were removed from the game and now characters can reach xp max more quickly. Because CoPs are removed, we are worried about people finishing Tomes to quickly and then leaving the game." This is not an argument I have yet seen posted... If you already have CoP done, there is zero reason this specific change should require opus/class3-4 being available to everyone (and is should be a separate argument in a different thread.) I'm not saying that I don't feel for you on the issue of "Hey, I don't raid and because of it I am progression locked unless something changes." It is a separate issue! I think that many of the class 3/4 tomes are so powerful that giving them only to raiders hurts the rest of the player base. Again, a separate issue.

Honestly, I'm with Fuwok in not understanding all the complaining about this change as it is mostly made for fresh-ish 65 players so vet players may have people to group with in the future...
1. Yeah it would be nice to be reimbursed for the money spent on the CoP tomes since pp costs to earn the CoP bonus have gone up. It's 5k though, you'll get over not getting reimbursed if you don't have the books anymore (unless you are in a situation where you are broke and have no other tomes banked/completed...) This is such a minuscule amount of money in the scheme of things, it is boggling that there were several posts arguing over it. It is something like .4% of the end game charm... It is one short night of xping (not that hard unless you are really unlucky.)
2. You get 550AA worth of xp back to be used in the future. If you have nothing to spend your xp on right now, then save it. Maybe there will be something in the future. If not, tough shit. While you were grinding out 550AA you had fun, got loot drops, got cash drops, and got to use the bonuses it enabled. There is no possible way this can be construed as 'wasted time'.

This is a good change for newer players. It will certainly help to retain newish 65s who want to enter the raid game. Take a step back from 'I' and look at 'we' for a minute. Do you really feel like you are getting shafted by this change, and is this a rational thought?

My first unread post from this thread is on page 7...

Can anyone briefly summarize at this point what the story is with CoP change? I'm writing a thesis atm and just don't have the time to sift through 13 pages of discussion.

Honestly, I'm with Fuwok in not understanding all the complaining about this change as it is mostly made for fresh-ish 65 players so vet players may have people to group with in the future...

Let me reply with my own reply, I guess time will tell, not going to try and convince people of something painfully obvious , its a waste of time , ill take my leave of this discussion, GL

Not to be rude, but to be honest.
The reason this happened is because the vast majority of people who were not hardcore (Play alot) got chased off. CoP's fit perfectly in a game where the only people playing or who will continue to play, play ALOT. I have never seen anyone quit because of the tomes of power, but I have seen people quit because they cant play the game the only way it can be played to progress your character. If the goal is to get new players or not chase people off, you need to cater to more than just one specific type of player. I do not see how getting rid of the CoP's will do anything to help the server, but potentially waste many peoples time because they have nothing to put the xp into.

Yale
<Exodus>

This is a minor derail, but just because AA MAY go in does not mean they are open to everyone. They can be restricted by all sorts of things including kill flags. Live does this too. Just because you see them in the window doesn't mean you get to put points into them.

Unless kill flags on AA on live are new they didn't exist when I last played in spring 2009 when my beast Jevin was ranked 3rd on server for hp #1 for attack and 97th over all game wide not just server.

Let me reply with my own reply, I guess time will tell, not going to try and convince people of something painfully obvious , its a waste of time , ill take my leave of this discussion, GL
Maybe, and the question of if we should make this change at all is certainly a valid question. I was more pointing out the arguments for post change 'give me, give me'. ;)

Unless kill flags on AA on live are new they didn't exist when I last played in spring 2009 when my beast Jevin was ranked 3rd on server for hp #1 for attack and 97th over all game wide not just server.
On live, at least before the current AA window modernization, AA were unlocked through level/AA count/prereq AAs/and kills-achievements. An example of kill-achivement AAs are Trials of Mata Muram in the Omens of War expansion. (This is the same expansion that introduced the next epic quests 1.5/2.0 and was actually a really fun and well thought out expansion.) I believe the trials were accessed through a zone called Proving Grounds and there were 6 trials. I remember these specifically because doing them on tier was very difficult without the right group setup for each specific trial. I failed at them a lot :p

EDIT - I forgot leadership AAs that can only be XPed if certain conditions are met. Namely, the character is leader of the group and/or leader of the raid.

Last edited:
My first unread post from this thread is on page 7...

Can anyone briefly summarize at this point what the story is with CoP change? I'm writing a thesis atm and just don't have the time to sift through 13 pages of discussion.
The briefest of summaries:
Devs: We are working on it, and almost done.
The Rest: split between "hooray thank you", and "whine, cry, gimme gimme"

OK, fair warning, folks are welcome to share their opinions on this, but some of this is delving into personal attacks. That needs to stop. Now.

It would seem a discussion on the merits of making opus/class 3&4 tomes open to people unable to get them, should be on a separate thread. Which, they are in S&R. It is a lot of the rehashing of old comments. I will try to give a brief, biased summary from what I remember.

People for opening them up: People are running out of tomes to do, and are unable to get opus and class 3/4. This is a bad.

People who are able to get the tomes as is: Those tomes are half of the raid loot of Turruj (this is an extremely fair point, because this is true). By opening them up, you kind of negate the reason for raiding that zone.

Some suggestions people made, w/o citation.

Let people get one, but make it require 2-5 x the exp to fill as a raid dropped version, and maybe cost like 30 k pp.

Maybe implement some form of refugee bounty system, that way the rate of new tome acquisition can be easily controlled (So raiding is still the preferred method). Also, make the acquired tome, randomly given out like relics. That way people can't pick and chose the best tomes.

I think someone suggested charging just like 100 k for one. Stuff like that.

Anyways, I for one think the CoP change is good.

Maybe, and the question of if we should make this change at all is certainly a valid question. I was more pointing out the arguments for post change 'give me, give me'. ;)

On live, at least before the current AA window modernization, AA were unlocked through level/AA count/prereq AAs/and kills-achievements. An example of kill-achivement AAs are Trials of Mata Muram in the Omens of War expansion. (This is the same expansion that introduced the next epic quests 1.5/2.0 and was actually a really fun and well thought out expansion.) I believe the trials were accessed through a zone called Proving Grounds and there were 6 trials. I remember these specifically because doing them on tier was very difficult without the right group setup for each specific trial. I failed at them a lot :p

EDIT - I forgot leadership AAs that can only be XPed if certain conditions are met. Namely, the character is leader of the group and/or leader of the raid.

they do not unlock AA (didn't remember them doing that myself when I did them on tier) http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=2978

the only things in EQ live that raids/group tasks unlocked was a handfull of combat abilities and spells.

the only AA that required raids were raid leader AA's, literally thousands of AA that did not require raids. and the argument that it would eliminate half the loot in turuj is only used because it is currently loot there other wise people would progress through turuj like any other raid zone.

i have guild mates with opus and no tomes to exp can they gain access to mega opus without raiding ikisith phase 2 future loot content please and thanks

Back on point - How will we be able to track our "CoP bonus" based on tome completion? Also, will the bonus continue to be hidden or will it be shown under fomelo now similar to alignment bonus?

Back on point - How will we be able to track our "CoP bonus" based on tome completion? Also, will the bonus continue to be hidden or will it be shown under fomelo now similar to alignment bonus?
I am hoping that it will be on fomelo at some point, but do not expect it to be on first release. I also would not mind adding it to self /cmd stats as well as possible in game messages at some set of milestones.

Back
Top Bottom