Codex of Power Revamp

I guess I'm a little confused by the numbers now shown on Fomelo.
If completing all 5 codex gives you 20%, should completing the first codex show 4% completion? This seems right. However, if one completes 25% of codex 1 it shows 0.05% completion. I would think that it should show 1% completion versus 0.05%. I would appreciate some clarity on this. Thanks.

I guess I'm a little confused by the numbers now shown on Fomelo.
If completing all 5 codex gives you 20%, should completing the first codex show 4% completion? This seems right. However, if one completes 25% of codex 1 it shows 0.05% completion. I would think that it should show 1% completion versus 0.05%. I would appreciate some clarity on this. Thanks.

Only once you put the refunded exp in a tome will the cop bonus show up on fomelo afaik. What fomelo name?

Well, and keep in mind Fomelo does not have access to the same complex calcs and such that the server does. I have no idea if those calcs affect what's displayed, but the important thing to realize is that Fomelo data is not necessarily accurate 100%. For a prime example, see mana calcs.

I got a quick question on the stored aa xp from Codex of Power. While farming for my charm I didn't want to spend a lot of pp on tomes so I ended up just grinding aa's on a few of my characters. So they now have a bunch of unspent aa. I'm assuming the aa from codex reimbursement is in a different bucket than normal unspent aa that shows up on your character. Or is it all just one bucket and if I turn in tomes to the librarian the unused aa get spent also?

I got a quick question on the stored aa xp from Codex of Power. While farming for my charm I didn't want to spend a lot of pp on tomes so I ended up just grinding aa's on a few of my characters. So they now have a bunch of unspent aa. I'm assuming the aa from codex reimbursement is in a different bucket than normal unspent aa that shows up on your character. Or is it all just one bucket and if I turn in tomes to the librarian the unused aa get spent also?

According to what I've read, it's a different bucket. This ONLY pertains to the experience you've earned from your previous CoP. Your recent unspent AA is something completely seperate.

Completely separate bucket. We did not make the NPC to convert AA exp into tome exp. Just to put reimbursed tome exp into other tomes.

The only reason the system mentions AA's is that they are a convenient unit of measure for exp.

Completely separate bucket. We did not make the NPC to convert AA exp into tome exp. Just to put reimbursed tome exp into other tomes.

The only reason the system mentions AA's is that they are a convenient unit of measure for exp.

Would it be possible/realistic to enable transferring the extra stored AAs to tome exp via this kind of system? Or is that a client restriction?

Would it be possible/realistic to enable transferring the extra stored AAs to tome exp via this kind of system? Or is that a client restriction?

Horrible idea. There are dudes out there with literally thousands of banked AA...

Horrible idea. There are dudes out there with literally thousands of banked AA...

I fully understand that. But why is that such a problem? Tomes are basically AA 2.0, shouldn't they be able to use it IF they got those tomes? Tomes still need to be obtained.

I fully understand that. But why is that such a problem? Tomes are basically AA 2.0, shouldn't they be able to use it IF they got those tomes? Tomes still need to be obtained.
Even live capped the amount of AAs you could bank. I believe it was capped at 30 for years and years, but may be different now that there are several thousand AAs. The cap was to encourage playing the game instead of banking AA and then having full AA completion 2 seconds after the new expansion was released.

Most of EQ in general is based on being in the right place, at the right time, and doing the right thing. If you have 1000 AA banked but don't have your tome to XP, you may have been in the right place and doing the right thing, but it was not at the right time. If you are going to allow AA transfer to tomes, I think there needs to be some kind of low AA saving ceiling.

Even live capped the amount of AAs you could bank. I believe it was capped at 30 for years and years, but may be different now that there are several thousand AAs. The cap was to encourage playing the game instead of banking AA and then having full AA completion 2 seconds after the new expansion was released.

Most of EQ in general is based on being in the right place, at the right time, and doing the right thing. If you have 1000 AA banked but don't have your tome to XP, you may have been in the right place and doing the right thing, but it was not at the right time. If you are going to allow AA transfer to tomes, I think there needs to be some kind of low AA saving ceiling.

I see your point.

Exp earned should be Exp earned. but at the same time i have hundreds saved cause i was to lazy to buy a new tome or w/e. i'm already stuck farming tomes for the codex thing. if you made it able to transfer aa to tome i'd prolly try and just do all the times in a couple days. would be a matter of farming the pp to turn in tomes/

From what I've seen this change seems to be hurting more new players than helping, hell I should say anyone who isn't playing a ton. Tomes have skyrocketed to the point you can't even buy them. This change seems to be drawing even a wider gap between new and old people , because the new people have to now compete with the old ones for tomes. People are buying junk tomes for 3k and people who have them are trying to sell them for 8k. You may say this is temporary, but when it drives someone away now, they might not come back, first impressions are generally very important. Before this change you could grab the codexs of power for a few small amount of pp and have something to do, now you are at the mercy of other players.

Yale
<exodus>

I've gotten tomes for standard prices during this period. And tomes are now available in old world, fresh 65 capable, zones. I think your making it seem worse than it is.

From what I've seen this change seems to be hurting more new players than helping, hell I should say anyone who isn't playing a ton. Tomes have skyrocketed to the point you can't even buy them. This change seems to be drawing even a wider gap between new and old people , because the new people have to now compete with the old ones for tomes. People are buying junk tomes for 3k and people who have them are trying to sell them for 8k. You may say this is temporary, but when it drives someone away now, they might not come back, first impressions are generally very important. Before this change you could grab the codexs of power for a few small amount of pp and have something to do, now you are at the mercy of other players.

Yale
<exodus>
Yeah,CoPs kept me playing where as Manual of Condemnation and other crap tomes made me stop playing (for ~about 4 weeks now).
Note,I am not complaining,took me more than 4 years(with some breaks) to finish my CoPs which entertained me well.
I am really not looking forward to buy tome of the swift 2 for 8k. :)
No idea what was wrong with CoPs,as a rough guess I would say if you are a little more hardcore than me and not too much distracted
with alts (I was) you could finish them easily in 3 months once being 65/250.

theres a lot of places that drop tome 1s and are easily accessible with lower gear. tome 2s always have been pretty expensive so that isnt anything new but the big thing is people bidding pretty huge amounts of money on certain tomes. It can also help some newer dudes out by making some cash selling a book that drops in a zone like cmal or everchill or front first ruins or kaesora. If people really need books that badly you can take a group to kaesora and share books with each other.

Back
Top Bottom