Codex of Power Revamp

Will the exp potions be potions with charges to avoid inventories filling up ? and will it be possible to summon a few of them at a time?

What about those running out of things to exp from the other thread?

Is there a way to trade the cops into 2 or 3 books of our choice instead of exp potions?

You guys should take the term "exp potions" loosely. They might not actually be potions, but instead an NPC (or e could use the banker) where you can somehow claim experience back. It would be pretty absurd if we handed 600 potions to everyone and laughed while they had to delete their entire bank.

Client restrictions prevent us from doing a lot of the suggestions like a popup window and a command, but we will do whatever is reasonable and best able to get the exp back to everyone as precisely as possible. This thread is more about the idea of doing it in the first place, not the logistics of reimbursement.

You guys should take the term "exp potions" loosely. They might not actually be potions, but instead an NPC (or e could use the banker) where you can somehow claim experience back. It would be pretty absurd if we handed 600 potions to everyone and laughed while they had to delete their entire bank.

Client restrictions prevent us from doing a lot of the suggestions like a popup window and a command, but we will do whatever is reasonable and best able to get the exp back to everyone as precisely as possible. This thread is more about the idea of doing it in the first place, not the logistics of reimbursement.

I think it would be funny to give a billion xp potions on log in and place them on the cursor.

Sorry, can't abandon the technicalities of it. Even though in some weird way clicking a lot of pots and watching exp go up appeals to the masochistic tradeskiller in me, I just thought of something that should be programatically easy and quite a nice solution. Could you make an npc to whom you can turn in a nodrop(bound) tome, and simply have him do a copexpaccount-(tometotalexp-tomeexpdone) calculation. Thus removing exactly the correct amount of exp from your available exp for use and marking the tome in question as finished or x% done.
That would make sure no exp whatsoever is lost. The npc would behave pretty much like the npc that binds tomes or unbinds items and could even ask for a confirmation.

can one of the options for reimbursed exp be credit tokens to the charm merch that are no trade? for those still charm farming.

can one of the options for reimbursed exp be credit tokens to the charm merch that are no trade? for those still charm farming.
what is the conversion rate of xp to pp? i am willing to wager if you ask ten people you will somehow end up with eleven different amswers. i am not even sure such a rate should ever exist even in a one time deal since it would fuel the flame of future xp to pp transfer requests. if anything, and no way staff would go for this, making the xp pots droppable and vendor for one copper to see what price the market sets would be one hell of an experiment.

Having the exp pots be droppable would be hilarious, there'd have to be a way to ensure only the real account owner could claim them though. Otherwise some of the people with info for dozens of retired players would end up hoarding hundreds of tomes worth of exp.

I'd like to click my xp potions with mobs targeted so instead of giving xp, it does damage!

Being able to get that already-earned exp to a different character actually sounds like a good idea to me. But only if there was a a way to prevent abuse of all the dead toons' banked exp... I'm sure some people who finished a codex forever ago on their main would rather get it back on an alt (or their new main).

what is the conversion rate of xp to pp? i am willing to wager if you ask ten people you will somehow end up with eleven different amswers. i am not even sure such a rate should ever exist even in a one time deal since it would fuel the flame of future xp to pp transfer requests. if anything, and no way staff would go for this, making the xp pots droppable and vendor for one copper to see what price the market sets would be one hell of an experiment.

lol I just want to finish this gawd awful charm farming, 107K to go.

I guess my only question with this is in regards to how much experience needs to be earned to get back to the same level as 5 CoP's? I only log in maybe 3-4 times a month, but am I going to have to go farm tomes (36 done atm) in order to get back to where I already was?

I'm sure you guys have already thought of this, but I didn't see it posted anywhere in this thread.

I'm not directly involved in this, but I know they are talking about the balancing and such. Things like existing numbers of tomes and the like are being considered to make sure it's as fair as possible.

Back
Top Bottom