Codex of Power Revamp

CoP are long because they were the best tomes in the game. CoP length tomes for 2 magic resist sounds silly.

they're long because when they were implemented they were not meant to be finished.

Also given Woldoffs' previous posts I can only assume there will probably be answers to hitting the exp wall, from what I can tell they have taken a great deal of what we as players have been saying and working on it for some time.

lastly since it does look pretty clear that woldoff and the staff have been in fact listening and working on this stuff it wouldn't hurt to let us know, lol come on a message from the staff saying "yep we hear that and were actually working on that now just will be a bit", or something would do wonders to reduce player frustration.

If what is being suggested here with CoP is a sure thing, then I hope at least that the potion exp will be split amongst adventure-banded characters. That would at least provide a way to lessen impact on those characters approaching the exp wall.

If what is being suggested here with CoP is a sure thing, then I hope at least that the potion exp will be split amongst adventure-banded characters. That would at least provide a way to lessen impact on those characters approaching the exp wall.
Unfortunately there is no way that is going to happen, it would be too exploitable. Old buff bots and the like would become exp piggybanks

Not sure if I missed it, but did anything ever come of the question about lack of bank space for a bunch of potions? I'd assume they'd be "stored" on some hailable npc, maybe in the house or something, especially considering the amount of these potions there would have to be, even with a bunch of charges, for this amount of xp, but I never saw any indication of how this might be handled.

Not sure if I missed it, but did anything ever come of the question about lack of bank space for a bunch of potions? I'd assume they'd be "stored" on some hailable npc, maybe in the house or something, especially considering the amount of these potions there would have to be, even with a bunch of charges, for this amount of xp, but I never saw any indication of how this might be handled.

why would space be an issue 1 potion with like 1k charges or w/e would work probably.

Ha! I pity the next person to log onto Aisling if this is a problem

This change makes me happy and sad.

CoPs were never great for pally tanks imo, so I kinda ignored em a bit on Enderi anyway and did things like avoidance instead.

Flipside, CoPs were awsome for my Healbot, gonna have to spend some coin and buy em some tomes.

I just read through this whole thing, so maybe I just glazed over and missed it. Anyone done with CoP5 will now be required to camp/buy (at hyper-inflated rates) tomes just to get back to where they are now? I really hope that's not the case. If it is, all toons that are receiving an xp credit from any prior CoP should also get a list of tomes to insta-train w/o having to work to get back what they already gained.

I just read through this whole thing, so maybe I just glazed over and missed it. Anyone done with CoP5 will now be required to camp/buy (at hyper-inflated rates) tomes just to get back to where they are now? I really hope that's not the case. If it is, all toons that are receiving an xp credit from any prior CoP should also get a list of tomes to insta-train w/o having to work to get back what they already gained.

Woldoff already posted that those players that have finished would already get the bonus.

As fas as inflated prices I don't think that should be an issue, tomes will be dropping in a lot more places. That and I'm sure their already working out a solution.

With the amount of tomes people are going to have done after this xp reimbursement, it might be a good time to make opus / class tomes available to everyone somehow. Unless there were some plans to add in many new tomes soon.

Yale

With the amount of tomes people are going to have done after this xp reimbursement, it might be a good time to make opus / class tomes available to everyone somehow. Unless there were some plans to add in many new tomes soon.

Seconded. I would be way more stoked about reimbursed exp from codices if there was a realistic way to attain a worthwhile tome to put them into. An opus or class tome III or IV sure would help my paladin a lot more than Tome of Lifetap Mastery or some other Fomelo-padding waste.

First, we have already added tomes drops throughout the old world exp areas.
From patch notes:
The following zones have had tomes added to them:
Catacombs of Elthannar
Cyrtho Malath
Everchill Caverns
Fire Grotto
First Ruins
Highkeep
Kedge Keep
The Deepshade
The Rust

Any reason why Emberflow and Windstone are not on this list? I would say they are much more difficult that most/all these zones.

I can only assume there will probably be answers to hitting the exp wall, from what I can tell they have taken a great deal of what we as players have been saying and working on it for some time.
I hope so. It would be great to see something for everyone to put some experience in that won't significantly devalue raiding tier 12 monsters.

Expendable experience sounds like an interesting way to go.

From patch notes:

Any reason why Emberflow and Windstone are not on this list? I would say they are much more difficult that most/all these zones.

Emberflow is not on it because it already has its own set of exclusive tomes.

Windstone is not because we are deciding whether to give it emberflow tomes or regular tomes. Slaar is the one to make that call, and I am the one who spread tomes to the other zones.

Adding the EF tomes to Windstone may interest people enough to go there.

As for the codex revamp xp, I propose a simpler solution to distributing codex xp instead of potions. After the patch for this proposal, all toons that had codexes done (or partial xp) will be given a yellow announcement message when they log in or the green listsend message when they zone mentioning there is still xp to distribute. The amount of xp will be displayed to show your balance.

How to distribute: right click on any unfinished time you have activated and you get a popup stating:
1) learn from tome normally.
2) use cop xp for this tome.

Once you choose option 2 it will xp the tome and if you have enough balance to fill the tome it states that yellow message about tome being full and then shows your balance.

Hope this would be a much easier solution than clogging up bank space with potions.

Back
Top Bottom