What should be done for L65 Mage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to be clear - you mean you would be able to make something like a fire elemental look like an earth elemental etc? Or would the form only affect the pet of the same 'element' is out?

Very good ideas , making the forms all viable + situational for resists

On the topic wru poison resist ? I'd propose putting 2 resists on each element, and starting the increase lower like 15 20 30 maybe make one resist major & the other lesser
Air > MR PR
Earth > DR MR
Fire > FR CR
Cold > CR FR

If in any case you can make the form share with pet it's a big step up ! For relic pet it would finally change it to something you desire at the the moment you need it.

Although I still think the idea of a pet HoT was really interesting, something unique for a mage that couldn't be spammed every refresh.

It would probably change the look of the pet as a side effect, but they would retain the 'base' element abilities for the non relic pet.

It's sorta be like a cool fusion. The mage becomes powerful enough to infuse elements with other elements, giving any of the elements some fire traits while in fire form, etc.

Should give either earth or water form the 25% slow (as a proc) that the relic pet makes u lose. Def not un-balanced in terms of raids because u cant reliably pre-slow with a proc, and a better slow will be active by the time ur pet does proc. This adds a ton more survivability for a solo mage (with relic pet) than a tiny heal proc or root/snare, especially given that mages can't keep their pet alive by themselves atm (when killing anything remotely hard).

Should give either earth or water form the 25% slow (as a proc) that the relic pet makes u lose. Def not un-balanced in terms of raids because u cant reliably pre-slow with a proc, and a better slow will be active by the time ur pet does proc. This adds a ton more survivability for a solo mage (with relic pet) than a tiny heal proc or root/snare, especially given that mages can't keep their pet alive by themselves atm (when killing anything remotely hard).

Not really super necessary tbh. There is already an extremely easy to get clicky that casts drowsy (certainly easier to get than relics). Heals or snares are going to be far better, and duplicating a proc that lower pets already get is silly.

It would probably change the look of the pet as a side effect, but they would retain the 'base' element abilities for the non relic pet.

It's sorta be like a cool fusion. The mage becomes powerful enough to infuse elements with other elements, giving any of the elements some fire traits while in fire form, etc.

I'm actually very fond of this - would be even more cool if you could somehow 'combine' the current models / create new ones which reflect the pet mixes. Doesn't have to be anything extra-ordinary - simple 'ghostlike' fire elemental clip on top of whatever the current form with flames coming out for fire - as an example - would suffice. Don't know how possible it would be - but this technically allows for 16 alternative combinations to have on a pet.

This actually does seem like the solution to every problem listed here ::)

Another thing - if fire is supposed to be dps, would it be fair to add a very very VERY small increase to spell damage and / or crit damage for the mage? Something small like a 1% increase per level - simply to reflect that the form(s) are both intended for dps - whilst not causing any unbalance issues? Damage Shield is nice, but you are very rarely going to tank with this form on the pet and/or the caster - so while it would make sense to have it on the fire form, this would just make it that much more useful to have for the caster him/herself for if the pet pops (which does have a higher chance of happening in this form, whilst also meaning that the mage would be spending more time / mana casting pet heals). Just a thought.

Last edited:
Not sure if illusion breaks size changes when they get moded, but if so: can a pet shrink be thrown in to the pet side of the illusion?

I'm still a big fan of a clickable pet shrink item quest that can be gotten around Starfall quest range level. :)

Not sure if illusion breaks size changes when they get moded, but if so: can a pet shrink be thrown in to the pet side of the illusion?

I'm still a big fan of a clickable pet shrink item quest that can be gotten around Starfall quest range level. :)

As convenient as that would be for raiding, it would kind of remove the whole point of getting your pet bigger as it gets better (you know - enlarging the size of the mage's.... pet....) and it would kill a lot of roleplaying factors. Plus, not everything is about raiding. What about people who want to keep their pet large for when they are duoing / grouping non-melees and want pet to be a larger target? I would say keep it separate - it's not like it's a time duration buff - you just throw it on zone entry and voila.

So whenin fire elemental illusion and have fire pet it's ds is through the roof?
Also will we be able to cast ds on pet whe it is non fore elemental and we are in fire elemntal illusion?

All stacking should be maintained. If the DS's would have stacked before, they will with this (I don't know if they do off hand, but somehow doubt it).

You have a pet shrink spell already, won't be adding it to any of these.

Now if only you didn't have to be in a person's group to summon them items, I might even play a mage for fun!

Player-cast DS doesn't stack with relic pet's ds (Fire elemental aura 3 iirc), at least mage and druid relic don't.

Arcen, you don't have to be grouped with the mage to summon pet items to a pet. He's just a npc, you can summon stuff to him directly.

Yes, but searfire/dots/food/drink/spare pet weapons/spare bauble of battles/gruplok rods all have to be traded or be in group.

I don't think anyone likes the *act* of being a vending machine. Making it a bit easier.

Quadruple the mana and make all summons raid-wide and I imagine all mages would love you.

Quadruple the mana and make all summons raid-wide and I imagine all mages would love you.
All melees would be wtf about the peridots though, and tossing spectral silks into the equation makes things really hillarious.

If you can summon to cursor... or for pet stuff, summon to pets only.

Im sure classes that go through dots like crazy would appreciate spares laying around (see chanters and bst)

Wow cyzaine really killing it with spicing up the game, I only hope every class gets looked at the same way Mage's and SKs have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom