the state of things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings Fuwok,

Judgement based off an individuals perception can be faulty, and will lead to mixed results. This is why structure among (a) society is usually considered good. We're able to limit human judgement via interaction by guidelines.

I'll provide evidence by quoting a post earlier in this thread.
This is made obvious by the item returns for player mistakes, if someone answers your petition and says no you can just petition later and some other GM or dev will often give the item back

This isn't to say judgement is bad. Obviously certain situations will present themselves out of the guidelines. However, this gives guidance on important decisions, and makes interaction more pleasant and precise (assuming the rules are changed to an appropriate standard) between staff and the players.

With that said, my opinion on the following is that rules should be lightened. If it's an obvious mistake and there's supporting evidence; reimbursement of an item should be more plausible.

Unless you're petitioning about a trivial item such as an Eldenal's Medal or your name is Draeos.

lots of stuff

I agree with you about what you think about these things.

I just wanted to argue about the meta-argument and its postulates about the greater order of the things.

edit: futuo ergo sum

Last edited:
I believe it was your vary argument which was why Wiz always did the spirit instead of the word. Exclusions should be made to all rules for individual circumstance but to list them all would be idiotic.

Now will come a response about tinfoils happening if that old method was still in play and other stuff to negate the truth. In the end what is said will not matter because it is already in stone how it shall be.

There is always a grey area

There is always tinfoiling

The fact that we have such a hardliner rule system and many staff break those rules in favor of leniency and kindness is a strong indicator that the rules could use some changes.

I suggest:

Lighten up rules and punishments in general. Most jailings should be warnings. Most bannings should be jailings (or sometimes just warnings). Add in a clause that states:

We follow the spirit of the rules (not exact wording) with the intention of creating a fair and fun game for everyone. For this reason, re-petitioning about the same issue in hopes of a different outcome is not allowed, if you have an issue with a petition's result please use the appeal process (contact...)

Nothing will really change except GMs will have the right to use their discretion, rather than having to break a rule when said rule is unreasonable. I'd wager most GMs want to create a fair and fun game for everyone. If their is an actual case of corruption or bias it can be dealt with on a case by case basis just like is done now (hey Nwaij in spires).

There will still be players whining and tinfoiling, just like always, but the GMs will have more freedom to make the game a better place, and hopefully the rules and standard punishments will be changed up a bit to create a more friendly and understanding environment.

There is always a grey area

There is always tinfoiling

The fact that we have such a hardliner rule system and many staff break those rules in favor of leniency and kindness is a strong indicator that the rules could use some changes.

I suggest:

Lighten up rules and punishments in general. Most jailings should be warnings. Most bannings should be jailings (or sometimes just warnings). Add in a clause that states:

We follow the spirit of the rules (not exact wording) with the intention of creating a fair and fun game for everyone. For this reason, re-petitioning about the same issue in hopes of a different outcome is not allowed, if you have an issue with a petition's result please use the appeal process (contact...)

Nothing will really change except GMs will have the right to use their discretion, rather than having to break a rule when said rule is unreasonable. I'd wager most GMs want to create a fair and fun game for everyone. If their is an actual case of corruption or bias it can be dealt with on a case by case basis just like is done now (hey Nwaij in spires).

There will still be players whining and tinfoiling, just like always, but the GMs will have more freedom to make the game a better place, and hopefully the rules and standard punishments will be changed up a bit to create a more friendly and understanding environment.

i agree and support this

I would just like to add some of my input. I work in a bank and we have VERY strict rules on what we can and can't do and every day my job is on the line because i'm responsible for large amounts of money. Leading into what my point is I don't win my clients over by following the rules. People don't want to know what policies and protocol you have to follow they want results and answers.

The way I make my clients happy is by working in the Gray areas of my job. I go against policy all the time making $30,000 checks available without hold in good faith for a business to make it through the day. And every time I do this I put my job on the line for my clients and because of this I have their respect and with that I get their accounts.

What I'm getting at is rules are guide lines, to follow and base decisions on. If every one that went 40 in a 35 got a speeding ticket there would be riots. Loyalty of your clients is won in the gray areas of your job not the rules.

A one week wait on getting your item restored should be sufficient to screen out frivalous requests or those mnks who might abuse the system for a means of xtra bnk slots.

I think there's too many shady characters around here. I think we should implement a quota system for the gm's and clean this place up. You must jail at least x people per month. "You failed to stop, being in the zone with that trackbot, the second that other raid popped in. That'll be a week."

Those of you who insist that tin-foiling occurs anyways are right.

But all of you are much to 'young' at this game to know what the tin-foiling was like *before* the more codified rules. Either that, or you are looking at the past through rose-colored glasses.

I promise you: it is MUCH better now.

Rose Colored

Wonder Goggles

TBH I probably do view the "good ol' days" in a more lenient way, and I'm not even going to pretend that I knew half of what went on when I joined the server (only like 4 years ago) or before. I think the available sounding boards have something of an effect on that. Used to be as soon as someone started tinfoiling something Nappy was posting in Chillville with videos making fun of it. He was my drama newspaper =( Now if a juicy drama post pops up or a lengthy discussion starts to let the kid-gloves slip either the post content is editted or the entire thread is trashcanned and the title of the thread is changed to some asinine attempt at a.....idk a joke? a sad failure at patronization? Not to put too fine a point on my point of view but this place is turning into.....somethingawful *badum psh*

All I really have to contribute (and granted, it ain't much) is that staff numbers are low, and player numbers are low. I miss the personal touch.

Rose Colored

Wonder Goggles

TBH I probably do view the "good ol' days" in a more lenient way, and I'm not even going to pretend that I knew half of what went on when I joined the server (only like 4 years ago) or before. I think the available sounding boards have something of an effect on that. Used to be as soon as someone started tinfoiling something Nappy was posting in Chillville with videos making fun of it. He was my drama newspaper =( Now if a juicy drama post pops up or a lengthy discussion starts to let the kid-gloves slip either the post content is editted or the entire thread is trashcanned and the title of the thread is changed to some asinine attempt at a.....idk a joke? a sad failure at patronization? Not to put too fine a point on my point of view but this place is turning into.....somethingawful *badum psh*

All I really have to contribute (and granted, it ain't much) is that staff numbers are low, and player numbers are low. I miss the personal touch.

a dog shits on my rug i rub his nose in it and put him outside

to clarify, i do not feel compelled to sit down and reason with the turd / turd-dropper beforehand and if the dog wants to shit uncontrollably he can do it at someone else's house

Those of you who insist that tin-foiling occurs anyways are right.

But all of you are much to 'young' at this game to know what the tin-foiling was like *before* the more codified rules. Either that, or you are looking at the past through rose-colored glasses.

I promise you: it is MUCH better now.

Really? As someone who has been here and participating in the high-end for basically the entire seven years I've played, was the tin foiling really more severe back then? I feel it is about equally as bad, if not worse here recently.

Back in the day, you had Alazif aka Breaker going super hard on the conspiracies, and that was mostly it. The only difference between then and now in my eyes was Wiz didn't give a fuk and would let the threads created exist peacefully while responding logically once or twice. In modern times, these threads are generally trash canned immediately. You also have more than one guild consistently tin foiling, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom