the state of things

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is what we need to keep, not the jerks that just does things they way they want to, that threatens staff if they dont get their way

I know I'm sort-of sniping you on this Agiktesse, and for the record I like you a lot, but you did say in the beastlord change thread to Marza you would threaten to stop playing with the proposed changes.

I'm just saying.

Also,

Imagine how the conversation between Tao and the nub 3-boxer could have gone:

admin-Tao: Hey, you got a second?
Nub 3-boxer: Umm... hello.
admin-Tao: Hello there! I'm admin-Tao, and I'm in charge of keeping the peace around these parts. I checked the server logs, and I notice you've got three toons logged in right now. Are you aware that there's a rule against 3-boxing in SoD?
Nub 3-boxer: Uh.. no I didn't know that. I just had the third toon in to do buffs for my other toons.
admin-Tao: Well, it's illegal on this server no matter what you were doing with them. You can only log in two toons at once on SoD. If you log in more than that, you can be subject to jailing or possibly banning.
admin-Tao: Fortunately, I'm in a good mood so I'll let you off with a warning if you log off the third toon right now.
Nub 3-boxer: k, done.
admin-Tao: I appreciate your cooperation.
admin-Tao: and hey! Have a free gate pot on the house. That should make your trips to the bank go a little faster for a while.
Nub 3-boxer: thanks :)
admin-Tao: no problem! Enjoy your time here on SoD.
Instead, here's how it probably actually went:

admin-Tao tells Nub 3-boxer, [ conversation not found ]
Nub toon 1 banned!
Nub toon 2 banned!
Nub toon 3 banned!

Nub 3-boxer tells himself, "WTF?? Why can't I log in my characters??"
Asks in-game friend what happened.
Gets pissed off.
Looks up rules on the forums.
Finds Tao's contact info.
Nub 3-boxer tells himself, "I wish I could still play. Is it worth sending this dude a polite email stating regret for my action against the server, and beg him to let me log in again?"
Decides against it, flames Tao and promises ugliness if they met in real life.
Moves on to one of the other myriad of online MMOs that are now free-to-play.
This probably isn't exactly how it went since Tao claimed he was actually grouping with the 3 boxer at the time. My guess is that he, at worst, was told by the dude in-group that he was three boxing and then knee-jerk reacted by banning him. My guess is that Tao had a little chat with him first, though. If anyone has personal run-ins with Tao, he can be pretty chatty!

I think Tao is pretty jaded and stringent with the rules after policing them for so long but that same discretion he's had, has saved my butt in the past. When a dude was harassing me in Lasanth over the spider by denying the room to be untouched, Tao stepped in and ensured I got it. I like the Tao/Karit mixture because Karit is the sweetheart GM you need when you fucked up and is there to pat you on the head and tell you everything is going to be ok, and Tao is the stubborn overbearing father that brings you up by your bootstraps and gives you a licking with a belt when you go out and fuck other people over in the SoD world. I make the best analogies.

Last edited:
Definition of SOCIOPATHIC

: of, relating to, or characterized by asocial or antisocial behavior or an antisocial personality

I think some of our rules are bad and I point out why. Yeah, many times powers that be respond to this kind of thing by making more rules. Sometimes they change things up though. Should we just not talk about problems with the system?

I'm delighted that you disagree with me, these threads would be boring if nobody disagreed, but that does not imply I am not thinking. Way to resort to personal attacks in a debate though, that will always show everyone that you are the smartest internet nerd around!

I always liked this page. http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html

I mean, I've met legit sociopaths, and you lack the charisma that is a staple in being a successful one. If you actually wanted my legit view of you, it's more like "views the world through the eyes of a drug fiend, but doesn't do drugs."

I know I'm sort-of sniping you on this Agiktesse, and for the record I like you a lot, but you did say in the beastlord change thread to Marza you would threaten to stop playing with the proposed changes.

I'm just saying.

What I posted was not a threat, it was the consequense of what the changes would mean for me and my playing. (Also, it wasnt Marzas suggested changes, it was Zaelas complete revamp.)

A threat is when someone tells a other person that a bullet in the head of this other person is what they are wishing for atm. Cus that has been said, to staff, on theese boards and that is in NO way ok.

I hope I made my case a bit more clear now of what I meant with threatening the staff.

I always liked this page. http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html

I mean, I've met legit sociopaths, and you lack the charisma that is a staple in being a successful one. If you actually wanted my legit view of you, it's more like "views the world through the eyes of a drug fiend, but doesn't do drugs."

This is from your list stral

Other Related Qualities:

Contemptuous of those who seek to understand them
Does not perceive that anything is wrong with them
Authoritarian
Secretive
Paranoid
Only rarely in difficulty with the law, but seeks out situations where their tyrannical behavior will be tolerated, condoned, or admired
Conventional appearance
Goal of enslavement of their victim(s)
Exercises despotic control over every aspect of the victim's life
Has an emotional need to justify their crimes and therefore needs their victim's affirmation (respect, gratitude and love)
Ultimate goal is the creation of a willing victim
Incapable of real human attachment to another
Unable to feel remorse or guilt
Extreme narcissism and grandiose
May state readily that their goal is to rule the world

(The above traits are based on the psychopathy checklists of H. Cleckley and R. Hare.)

It is also the word for word design document of how to run SoD, as written and followed by Woldaff and the other people.

:tinfoil:

More accurately, I would say that players get the impression that GMs hide behind rules because they don't want to deal with people at all really, but instead just enjoy having the authority of keeping people in line.

Here's an easy example.

A few days ago, I bumped an old thread in hopes that the suggestion made in that thread would get a fresh look. Apparently, there's a rule against this. Nwaij decided to edumacate me by quoting the rule at me in the thread, then trashcanning the thread altogether. When I checked back later I was curious as to what happened to the thread, and I had to look around a bit to find it in the trashcan (still there, if anyone's curious).

It would have been easy for Nwaij to simply quote the rule to me or send me a PM telling me about the rule against bumping old threads. Instead, he felt it was his duty to delete the thread altogether and force me to go in search of it in order to learn my lesson.

While Nwaij got his point across, he did so in a way that I felt was unnecessarily heavy-handed, and his action created a situation in which the thread no longer shows up in forum searches if someone is searching for past discussions of the idea in question, leaving everyone at a loss. Tears for me, tears for the community.

I wish Nwaij was the only GM out there that enjoyed flexing his GM authority at the expense of players, but other GMs do this kind of thing all the time. Instead of simply talking to players, a lot of GMs out there prefer to simply force actions on players, which sometimes succeeds in getting the player to follow the rules, but it also breeds resentment.

Imagine how the conversation between Tao and the nub 3-boxer could have gone:

Instead, here's how it probably actually went:

Yeah, you can make the argument that if the guy was that immature, we didn't want him around here anyway. I guess we'll never know.

Really, I would say this stuff is basic customer service. You can handle your customers in a way that makes them feel you're on their side, or you can handle them in a way that makes them want to piss in your cereal. I see a lot of cereal pissers around here these days.

I enjoyed your post just a little bit of customer service goes a long way lets me realistic here, we all know who the douche bags are and who are the nice guys. YEs people bitch and moan Gm staff r corrupt rarw is this true? Who knows its a subject would should not touch because you will get banned so I advice against it.
But one thing that can be worked on is getting a staff not made of the inner circle but people who ledgitmently want to make a difference for the better. thats the best advice i can give you. Even if you picked 1-2 of all the major guild to avoid a guild favoritism argument that would be even better, and enforce the keep your gm knight hood a secret.

Eldarian The guy who noticed the problem with the sand box and suggest a way to fix it so we all may make castles together.

When mudslinging fails, find more mud! I used lots of drugs in the past. Now I'm sober and I spend half my time studying pre-med chemistry/biology/physics. You are a burnt out uppers fiend who failed to write a novel and/or do anything else consequential in life.

None of that has anything to do with this thread though, or the merits of either of our intellectual claims.

This is from your list stral

It is also the word for word design document of how to run SoD, as written and followed by Woldaff and the other people.

:tinfoil:

I dunno Woldaff at all really, but it does seem to fit Tarutao pretty well. It also explains why he used to send me tells telling me "ALL SHALL FEAR AND LOVE ME." True story.

Also solo, you're taking things way too personal. I'm not burned out on anything. I avoid drugs like the plague. I'm just completely insane. Get your info straight. Though, for accuracy sake, I was your typical stoner for a good while up until a few years back, up until I noticed myself being followed to and from work for a about week after I had quit smoking due to a new job. And after thinking I was going nuts, I hear about peoples places getting raided immediately after said week. Pretty much killed my desire to touch anything after that point. I have too much self preservation in me to put myself in a position to get fucked.

Last edited:
This thread had everything. Conspiracy theory, passive-aggressiveness, dodging the blame, tattle-telling, and overt attacks on character and intellect. Even if this is just a sample size of the community, no matter how poorly representative, if I was a GM looking at this, I'd be hard on us too.

Karit is the sweetheart GM you need when you fucked up and is there to pat you on the head and tell you everything is going to be ok

also i agree with this, mostly because she allowed this to happen, and then turned me into a unicorn, yay

3f0qq.jpg

if you can't laugh at such an impressive pile of corpses, what can you laugh at?

if someone deletes an item by mistake, just restore it.

if someone breaks a rule, jail them.

if someone hacks to get ahead, ban them.

lets all play the game and be happy. or take a break, play real life and be happy. just remember to stop in to say hi to you friends.

if someone deletes an item by mistake, just restore it.

if someone breaks a rule, jail them.

if someone hacks to get ahead, ban them.

lets all play the game and be happy. or take a break, play real life and be happy. just remember to stop in to say hi to you friends.

I like this. Also if we had hidecorpse looted on here im pretty sure none of us would be running around with fast item destroy on which is why its so easy to delete shit but thats a whole nother problem.

My posts, filled with name calling and hyperbole, get skimmed over or ignored by the people I'm addressing them to. I should really work on that so people take me seriously.

The fact that I don't know what happened is clear from my post. But I've known Tao to ban players and underscore surnames without contacting a player in advance. Maybe he has good reason for doing so, but players resent it when it happens.

And Tao and Nwaij aren't the only GMs that shoot first and ask questions later. How many times have I seen guildmates jailed by one GM, only to be unjailed by another GM a few hours later after explaining the situation since the first GM hadn't even asked? More than once! More than twice! More than three times! GMs create unnecessary drama, resentment and paranoia by flexing their muscles unnecessarily. A lot of bad karma can be easily mitigated with a /tell to players before hitting the big red button.

if we had hidecorpse looted on here im pretty sure none of us would be running around with fast item destroy on which is why its so easy to delete shit but thats a whole nother problem.

What a dreamy thing that would be.

This thread had everything. Conspiracy theory, passive-aggressiveness, dodging the blame, tattle-telling, and overt attacks on character and intellect. Even if this is just a sample size of the community, no matter how poorly representative, if I was a GM looking at this, I'd be hard on us too.

While I'm speedposting

Goal of enslavement of their victim(s)
Exercises despotic control over every aspect of the victim's life
Has an emotional need to justify their crimes and therefore needs their victim's affirmation (respect, gratitude and love)
Ultimate goal is the creation of a willing victim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom