Policy Questions Thread

As long as no one is in your way and you don't violate any other policy, sure. Unless there is now a mob you can't fd past......
ok so you have thought about how this will break fd pulling and also how it will break fd agro wipes which is monks only ability to manage agro.

Since that last one is more of a development question, the answer is yes, we have thought a lot about this in fact. It is a mechanic that will be used sparingly, and will have to be managed carefully to not break FD splitting and other acceptable uses of the mechanic.

Question regarding "selling" no-drop items/xp/etc:

Would it be permissible to (with the person's permission of course), play their character for them to collect no-drop quest items and do a quest for them? The character would fully participate - the only plat transaction would be in return for completing the content for them.

Disclaimer: As staff emeritus, I have insight on these rules at the time of the original posting of this thread. Only current staff would be appropriate to determine what is appropriate nowadays.

The intent a decade ago was to limit that. The clause "if it is abused we will revoke this privilege" was to prevent that type of activity, among other things. Friends completing quests for each other without expectation of payment was commonplace during my staff tenure. The few instances I recall of concern were the result of misconduct unrelated to quests and fell under Rule 14 "Loaning of Characters" https://shardsofdalaya.com/rules.htm

Guessing this would be the thread to ask in. Surprised I figured out my account from 10 years ago.

Haven't touched eqemu/SoD in about 10 years, and was talking about it with the wife, she expressed some interest in perhaps trying it out together. I recall there being a 2 account lock per IP. Is that still around, and if so, is it able to be worked around for spouses to play together? Would be fun to show her what the game was like.

Thanks.

There is an IP lock of 2 accounts online at a time PER REAL PERSON. So you and your spouse could each play 2 accounts each at the same time without any trouble. Worst thing to happen is a GM popping up and making you confirm that you are indeed 2 people and not just one person 4boxing.

Exactly. A friend from SoD stayed at my place once, and we had 2 each on, they do have tests to make sure it's just two per person. :)

Hey all, possibly coming back to the game after being gone for around 10ish years I think?

I vaguely remember there being some guidelines on what we can use alt accounts for, but things have changed so much and its been so long I really don't remember the rules and after sifting through these forums looking for them for an hour, I haven't seen anything other than the general rule stating no more than 2 toons per player.

I'd like the specifics on what's allowed, I doubt I can think of everything but here's a few edge cases that I'm wondering about that are relevant to my situation:
  1. Can I use a mage to summon spell reagents, hand those off to a second caster, log out the mage, and then log in a third toon to dualbox with the non-mage caster, who now has the summoned reagents?
  2. Can I use a higher level Druid/Wiz to babysit / chauffer a lower level toon around? Ex:
    1. Buff / re-buff the lower level toons while not in group
    2. Heal inbetween fights while not in group
    3. Kill enemies when the lower level gets in over his head, while not in group
    4. Swap an alt in to teleport people around, and then swap back to something else immediately afterward

Hey all, possibly coming back to the game after being gone for around 10ish years I think?

I vaguely remember there being some guidelines on what we can use alt accounts for, but things have changed so much and its been so long I really don't remember the rules and after sifting through these forums looking for them for an hour, I haven't seen anything other than the general rule stating no more than 2 toons per player.

I'd like the specifics on what's allowed, I doubt I can think of everything but here's a few edge cases that I'm wondering about that are relevant to my situation:
  1. Can I use a mage to summon spell reagents, hand those off to a second caster, log out the mage, and then log in a third toon to dualbox with the non-mage caster, who now has the summoned reagents?
  2. Can I use a higher level Druid/Wiz to babysit / chauffer a lower level toon around? Ex:
    1. Buff / re-buff the lower level toons while not in group
    2. Heal inbetween fights while not in group
    3. Kill enemies when the lower level gets in over his head, while not in group
    4. Swap an alt in to teleport people around, and then swap back to something else immediately afterward

1. Most spell reagents have been removed. You won't need to summon cat's eye agates, for example, for runes or symbols anymore.

2. Yes to all. Although with ten minute buff timers PLing with druid/shaman buffs requires a lot more attention. I find it's easier to either (A) if you have a sufficiently geared toon that can kite or AE to just group with your lower level toon and wreck EW orc fort or remnants animals and soak up red con exp per kill or (B) twink weapons on your fighter and a healer box to duo up with.

Back
Top Bottom