Policy Questions Thread

Is it legal to use /cm refresh to fill the mana pool of the necromancer runic caster pet? it's substantially faster than waiting for it to meditate (if it even ever sits down).

Hi, apparently using feign death to bypass content in dungeons is illegal now (sometimes? rules are unclear?)
- Is using invis, sneak, shadowstep/faction spells/lull or any other of the 50 ways people have to bypass mobs in dungeons also illegal? (If not why is fd singled out?)
- Is it ok to use feign death to skip mobs that are sometimes avoidable? Like for instance if i went to first ruins and trained the imp pit away to the back corner so that no one accidentally agros them and then my group goes past and i catch up with them? (since these can be avoided anyway just by being careful)
- Am I content skipping by say, split pulling lord elds room and killing him first if he happens to be the mob that we get first? Do we have to go back and kill his adds before we are allowed to loot? Does this also apply to mezzing/rooting other forms of cc?
- Can you clarify what constitutes "mobs that must be killed", I was told that "you are not meant to clear to a kill in dl, so you can flop there" does this also apply to the tunnels in dl for instance? I would like this to be more clearly defined, players should be able to immediately know if something is a bannable offense or not. (lots of split pulling involves tagging a particular mob out of a pack of mobs and then two people feigning at the same time.) frequently these mobs are left alive after the named has been killed. (in spires for instance)
-I was told that it is illegal to feign past trash mobs to kill names in dungeons, does this also apply to invis/lull/sneak etc? (again if not what is the rational for singling out feign)
-Is it illegal to train past mobs to get into a zone if that involves going through 6 man content? like for instance, zoning into emberflow, I have never seen anyone ever fight their way to that zone in. I have trained there on my monk every single time. Is it ok to click in but illegal if I flop at the zi to wait for a group member to zone in?

I am just looking for clarification on this new rule. Because I (and everyone else) am just now hearing about it. (is it posted somewhere?) It has been broken pretty much constantly every day since this server went live by like half of the servers population.

TLDR: content skipping used to only apply very specifically to certain 6 man encounters and raids and now it applies globally but only to feign death and only in certain zones and this seems like a weird call?

Last edited:
There will be a post about FDing, invis, and rogue hide/sneak coming soon. Clarifications and such will be part of that.
OK well hopefully it will have player input and involve simplifying/getting rid of bad old rules instead of making hundreds of specific circumstance policies. Sort of like when Tao said "If a character can get into a zone then it is ok they can raid there" fixed the millions of "flagged/keyed" arguements that happened before that and erased about a million stupid specific edge case rules.

Policy Regarding Use Of Class Abilities and Spells

To be more specific, this is in regard to Feign Death, Rogue Hide/Sneak, Sneak, and Invisibility. This is to clarify policy that is changing due to some design reasons.

What You Can Do.
1. If you can use a class ability or spell to move by encounters solo (or if the whole group has the ability to).
2. You may use said abilities for wipe recovery if the character was part of the group/raid.
3.You may use these abilities to scout for group or raid.
4. You may use these abilities to go past other groups in non wing areas to get to a wing if you have the group ahead of yours permission. (ie; in Emberflow from the entrance to the start of a wing, but only if your whole group has the ability. Then your group could go to a different wing than the first party)
5. You can swap in a character with these abilities to join a group that has already cleared. (just not for wipe recovery, see below)

What you can not do.
1. You may not use these abilities to go past content and resurrect a group that did not clear the monsters.
2. You may not pull monsters away for your group to move around the encounter.
3. You can not swap in a character with these abilities for wipe recovery.

4. You may not use these abilities to grief anyone.

Areas that we, as staff, do not want these abilities used to go by any thing may see some changes, expressly First Ruins to name one. Mobs there now, or that may be added in, that can see invisibility, see through Rogue hide/sneak, or that can see through Feign Death will be implemented. This type of mob will be connable for invisibility and hide/sneak, but FDers will have to learn the hard way that a mob has this ability. These types of mobs will be few and far between. Staff will monitor areas of concern and reserve the right to make changes in these areas if the need should arise. We hope this clarifies policy so that everyone can go kill monsters.

Last edited by a moderator:

Your choice of font colors is really terrible.

upload_2017-10-28_1-9-52.png

please consider changing your normal text to whatever the default is.

I'm guessing leaving a healer camped out near names and then using sneak/hide and FD to get down to them after leaving for raid/sell/buff is a no as well?

- Is it ok to use feign death to skip mobs that are sometimes avoidable? Like for instance if i went to first ruins and trained the imp pit away to the back corner so that no one accidentally agros them and then my group goes past and i catch up with them? (since these can be avoided anyway just by being careful)
- Am I content skipping by say, split pulling lord elds room and killing him first if he happens to be the mob that we get first? Do we have to go back and kill his adds before we are allowed to loot? Does this also apply to mezzing/rooting other forms of cc?

I was curious if we could get clarification on these points, since I did not see them specifically addressed in the new guidelines that were just posted.

The first point, it seems that based on the new explanation that this would be acceptable as long as there were not mobs that could see through FD, etc (or by mobs that specifically can not be avoided as is now the case). Is that correct?
The second point, if we happen to be raiding and I split out a named encounter before the two adds that flank him (think something like ansaag), are we supposed to clear the adds after the named? This has more places than that (like what is mentioned above for elds) but I wanted more clarification so when I am pulling for a raid I don't get everyone banned or something.

Largely, to summarize the new guidelines, it seems that if a character can get to a place individually, then it is safe for that character to do it in a group setting (assuming the correction for FD, invis and sneak seeing mobs). Utilizing a group member's unique characteristics to bypass mobs that would normally not be able to be done without killing it, is disallowed. Does that capture the intention accurately?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Breigon, to answer your questions.... The first is no, you can never train away a mob, even if you can sneak by it. Sneak by, just don't be bad at it. Second question, if you can split ot the named and you don't have to go past those couiple of mobs after, then you did a good job at pulling, it is acceptable. But flopping halfway through a zone to pull something, while really well done, I would suggest not doing. This may be a bit of a gray area, but I don't want this to gt overly out of control. A few mobs around a named, sure, a quarter or more of the zone, nt so much. Use good judgement to not break the spirit of the content skipping policy. On your summary...sort off. You can skip solo all you want or if the whole group can skip go for it(that is if they have the ability for each group member; ie a monk, sk, rogue, nec and a healer that the necro can flop would be okay. Any other group, not.) You can not use a single characters ability for a whole group to skip. I hope this answers your questions.

Daemong, that is correct. You can not camp out characters in settings like that and then skip another character down to them. That is violating the spirit of the policy. Must clear for those types of characters(healers, tanks, etc) on each go round.

Tink, thank you for fixing the colors for everyone else. Serious when I say I could see that fine. Color blindness can be weird.

Policy Regarding Use Of Class Abilities and Spells

To be more specific, this is in regard to Feign Death, Rogue Hide/Sneak, Sneak, and Invisibility. This is to clarify policy that is changing due to some design reasons.

What You Can Do.
1. If you can use a class ability or spell to move by encounters solo (or if the whole group has the ability to).
2. You may use said abilities for wipe recovery if the character was part of the group/raid.
3.You may use these abilities to scout for group or raid.
4. You may use these abilities to go past other groups in non wing areas to get to a wing if you have the group ahead of yours permission. (ie; in Emberflow from the entrance to the start of a wing, but only if your whole group has the ability. Then your group could go to a different wing than the first party)
5. You can swap in a character with these abilities to join a group that has already cleared. (just not for wipe recovery, see below)

What you can not do.
1. You may not use these abilities to go past content and resurrect a group that did not clear the monsters.
2. You may not pull monsters away for your group to move around the encounter.
3. You can not swap in a character with these abilities for wipe recovery.

4. You may not use these abilities to grief anyone.

Areas that we, as staff, do not want these abilities used to go by any thing may see some changes, expressly First Ruins to name one. Mobs there now, or that may be added in, that can see invisibility, see through Rogue hide/sneak, or that can see through Feign Death will be implemented. This type of mob will be connable for invisibility and hide/sneak, but FDers will have to learn the hard way that a mob has this ability. These types of mobs will be few and far between. Staff will monitor areas of concern and reserve the right to make changes in these areas if the need should arise. We hope this clarifies policy so that everyone can go kill monsters.
Glad this is finally clarified. Kind of bothersome though that I've been jailed in the past for using only monks/sks to farm stuff when according to this, it seems like I wasn't breaking any rules.

In regards to first ruins can you just make the mobs that see invisible be the ones who see through hide and fd rather than adding different mobs?

Can you FD to said mob that can see through invis/FD, kill just it, and continue to FD past?

Ive got a bad habit of not reading large paragraphs since snake started posting, so the answer might already be in the post :)

Thade, that might be what happens in some situations. May not be feasible in all.
Jamayzak, yes, you can, but mobs like that may not be as easy to kill as the rest......

Sabuti, this has not always been the case. There have been differing views on policy and interpretation of spirit of the rule. Consider this rule changes/clarifications.

Sabuti, this has not always been the case. There have been differing views on policy and interpretation of spirit of the rule. Consider this rule changes/clarifications.
What does this policy say about 6 man zones? i.e. Digger o uct is alive in emberflow and I want to kill it on a monk and sk. Can I feign to it legally?

As long as no one is in your way and you don't violate any other policy, sure. Unless there is now a mob you can't fd past......

Back
Top Bottom