Policy Questions Thread

The idea i had was that resing a boss wipe through any means is not content skipping as long as you've already killed all the content on that run.

Is there any chance we could either have:

1. the other older policy questoin thread brought back

or

2. it's relevant posts merged into this thread?

There were a lot of good clarificaions on general policy in there which are fun to reference.

Question: With the actively participating ruling a few months ago, where do TMaps stand in relation to level looting limits?

Answer: TMaps above simple can only be looted by characters of level 55 or higher.

The OP has been edited to include this information.

With the recent addition of 1 mana, out of combat buffing for raids, where do adept raids stand? Since an only 12 people can engage, would a thirteenth be permitted to join the raid for the low mana buffing as long as they leave the raid before engage?

Okay, now you got me confused Taru. How does
Tarutao said:
Claw Commander Era`velu in Citadel of the Claw and Supreme Ritualist Ofgats in Bloodied Quarry - Only the bosses themselves are considered "6 man content", so there are no restrictions from rezz/buff bots or even for using a full 18-man raid to clear the mobs in front of the boss himself.
and the no 13th for adept buffing go along? Last time I checked, adepts were 12man mobs standing/roaming around in the middle of areas with no participation limits, just like the 2 mobs named above.

And if the adept hunters claimed that they "coincidently gathered 13 people in this random location and decided to buff", and then one of them disbanded, how would that be any different then7+ people killing the golems near CC "just because it is a nice chunk of XP", then dropping one and engage CC?

That's an excellent argument for changing the ruling, Nwaij. I will consider it earnestly.

As the rules stand now, the extension of the rules and spirit of the rules leaves the ruling at "no". Check back in a day or two for a final ruling.

The ruling wouldn't even need to be changed if the raid member requirement was dropped to around 10 or so. It's high enough to prevent groups from logging on a few extra people to take advantage of change--assuming that would be within the rules--and low enough to let daring adept raiders make and attempt with less than max participants. I'm just hoping for a way for adept raids to get to use the time saving benefit of the 1 mana buffs. I was rather disappointed when I saw the raid member requirement was 13+ since it's such an awesome change.

Question: With the actively participating ruling a few months ago, where do TMaps stand in relation to level looting limits?

Answer: TMaps above simple can only be looted by characters of level 55 or higher.

The OP has been edited to include this information.

Last night, I did some ED maps and wanted to bring my lvl 60 warrior along. I was told that only 65s are allowed on D and greater difficulty maps. However I was under the impression that all non simple maps were lvl 60 and above.

Could you please True/False these statements for me Tao. I'm going to be leveling my cleric from 55 to 65 as well and I'd like to know what is and isn't OK.

It is OK to bring lvl 55-60 toons to Cmal 1.0-3.2

It is OK to bring lvl 60-64 toons to Cmal 1.0-3.2

It is OK to bring lvl 55-59 toons on E-VD maps.

It is OK to bring non lvl 65 toons on ED maps.

It is OK to bring lvl 60-64 toons on raids assuming they actively contribute.

Thanks.

In all cases listed, you can, but you must actively contribute. Keeping that character just out of AoE range and not actively doing something is not okay. If you are unsure of whether it is active contribution, a non-official rule of thumb would be to ask yourself if what you are doing could be done with the screen minimized. I'd keep an eye out for those rare mobs that are over level 70 (Eighth Arm of Terror, etc.) if you are bringing a level 55 character, though.

No, I won't provide a list of mobs over level 70. If you have to ask if a mob is over level 70, you shouldn't be scumming your level 55 into the encounter.

Right so him auto attacking mobs and shielding the tank when applicable would be contributing. Thanks for the clarification.

Have you considered Nwaij's comments on my adept question?

After reading my post again, I feel I should clarify one point. The 13th member wouldn't be buffing anyone. They would just be there for the 1 mana buff bonus. I completely see the reason behind forbidding a 13th person joining, buffing others, then leaving (example: there's no beastlord in the 12-man raid and one joins--making it 13-- then casts Spiritual Light and Wrath of the Beast before leaving). I don't see the problem with a 13th member just sitting there for the 1 mana buffs since it's just a time saving measure. But, you may know or see something that I don't.

Allielyn's right. (Imagine that, the current and former Lead GMs having the same opinion...)

That said, if this is something you really, really want, your best course of action would be a Suggestions and Requests thread about turning that "raid of 13 or more" requirement down to "raid of 12 or more".

I don't know the reasoning behind making it 13+ characters in the raid, but it might involve how it would affect 12-man content (like The Abyss), so that would need to be addressed.

To the original question by JeffroCakes, though, the answer is "sorry, no".

I don't know the reasoning behind making it 13+ characters in the raid, but it might involve how it would affect 12-man content (like The Abyss), so that would need to be addressed.

Being a perpetual 55-60 player, that is something that never crossed my mind. I'd like it to work with adept raids, but not bad enough to cause more balancing work for the staff. You bust your butts hard enough as it is.

Last edited:
couple flagging questions.

Tao edit: False statement within question removed. The question involved the ideas of keys for Sanctum/Abyss and pre-requisite content for Sanctum/Abyss, but it failed to consider them separately. The question then involved the situation of the keyed character de-guilding

The question is whether (1) the guild as a guild did the pre-requisite content and (2) someone in the raid was able to key them in, if such a key was necessary

When dealing with guild re-form, there is some amount of judgment call to be made on whether the guild is a new guild or the same guild. This is in almost every case a very obvious call. In the case of a merging of guilds, anything all guilds merging had completed counts for the new guild.

One player in the guild having a key doesn't "key the guild". Either the guild did it as a guild or they didn't. Example: <Fair-Weather Friends> was disallowed from raiding Sanctum since they were a merger guild of <Twilight Underground> and <Iratus Lepus>, and <Iratus Lepus> had not done the content required to access Sanctum.

Once the guild has done the content as a guild that is required for access, they can use whosever key to access it for their guild raids (as long as that keying characters doesn't constitute a 19th character and break the 18-man raid rules).

Of course, if the guild doesn't have anyone in the raid that can physically get them in (see: key), then that collection of 18 characters can't do it. Getting multiple keys is a good idea in general, anyway.

i know Tarutao atleast has been cracking down hardcore on 2/3 keyed rules. anyways... im in the process of forming a guild. im using Oozu and Miffane (oozu tagged, miffane is not) sometimes we use cleya aswell also not tagged. we've been doing alot of tier 2/3 but occasionally we like to jump into 5/6 because no lower tier stuff is up (we are a night time guild so we are the clean up crew sadly)

so anyways... my concerns is say prison is up. OP i think is the begging. you would have to be keyed as a guild by killing GotSS to get into prison. so say i round up 15 guildies (with miff and cleya) we anihlate GotSS get keys. but there is no way we could possibly have killed GotSS without miffane or cleya (this is an example) now since miffane and cleya arent tagged as The Night Crew. would this be considered a +1 for guild. (we can now go raid prison) or would every raid we do with miffane and cleya be considered a pug and we would have to follow under the 2/3 rule for anything requiring a key?

i know this topic has been discussed many a time... but i dont think this area has ever been covered. and i definatley dont want to be responsible for getting ringers jailed and what not, or guildies also jailed. so let me know ill be checking in. thanks!

Am I allowed to offer platinum for a mob's spawntimer (or for people to track it for me?)

e.g.

/ooc Paying 10k for a timer on x mob.

or

/ooc Paying 10k if anyone lets me know when x mob is up before anyone else kills it.

Also wondering if there is any official ruling on whether you can pay people to do quests for you. Obviously paying for a specific no drop item for a quest that you cant otherwise get is pretty clearly illegal/dubious, but other quests that don't involve no-drops, or where the no-drops aren't anything that is out of the player's reach, seems more along the lines of just paying for someones time, which is legal as far as I know.

I've seen this kind off transaction happen before and I even think gm/devs were aware of it, at the time I didn't even consider it being illegal.

Maybe this is just one of those issues where no ruling can be made since its probably okay in some situations and not okay in others.

Back
Top Bottom