Policy Questions Thread

Well... if you're doing something where you think "hey, let's all go kill mob XXXX also while we going strong", then you shouldn't feel a need to claim items for it as well, right?

Well... if you're doing something where you think "hey, let's all go kill mob XXXX also while we going strong", then you shouldn't feel a need to claim items for it as well, right?

come on Taru people are greedy u know this wont always happen:) haha

No.

I will not lead pugs without claiming items. It's just my style. People can dislike me for that, but the fact of the matter is that I pug mobs that have never been killed before by a pug force, and its a frustrating job.

My raids are often not even greedy when you look at the numbers. I bring a number of vastly over-tiered toons that will want nothing at all from the encounters. Then I claim the items my and my friend's alts want. Often, this leaves the pug players with a better chance at getting loot than our alts have. I am just not going to let others roll on the 1 or 2 items I want when they already have a chance at lots of awesome loot, and myself and my friends are the ones carrying the raid with overtiered toons.

I know some people don't like claimed loot, but they do not tend to be the same people leading raids, especially high tier raids where ringers are generally required. There are a lot of pug raids that simply would not happen were it not for loot claims. You would also see an increase in higher tier guilds stealing lower tier raid targets for alt loot and/or quest items.

I can just say all loot is claimed for any mob the raid kills that is not specified in the post, But it seems easy and reasonable enough to me to just allow people to post new loot rules for mobs that have not yet been engaged as long as they tell the raid force that they did so.

Despite the fact that i claim lots of stuff, lots of puggers have gotten awesome items from my pugs, and almost everyone seems to enjoy themselves. They are usually getting to kill mobs they have never seen before which is fun even if you don't happen to get loot.

Last edited:
On the note of pugging high tier raid targets, If it is indeed a pug and not a guild thing this would mean 2/3rds of the raid in the IS pug would have to of killed ALL of OP ALL of IP and been on the aggro list for a ward kill no? In contrast to a guild raid where the guild is flagged for a raid area like IS and you don't necessarily need to have a raid force that has killed everything from OP-IP/Ward

I thought the Sanctum flag was just being on a Ward kill? We had 2/3 of that.

Its funny how many times Ive seen sanctum raids, where there is one ringer/friend/alt that isn't guilded, making the raid technically a pug, and they probably didn't have 2/3 toons who killed Nexus much less every IP/OP boss.

The funny thing is there is apparently no way to check who has killed Nexus of the Ward, so you get into a pretty weird situation there. IMO Sanctum just shouldn't require "flags". If you can get there and kill things, you are fine. I remember Ethereal spent months farming IP/OP trash because we couldn't find a couple of the Rituals.

I noticed a ve map grp leader posting claims for his GRP. Is this also a rule if your claiming items? Such as my happy as is farming and inviting others to leach/dps. And im claiming everything..... would it be required to post under open raiding forums?

I have a cleric box with one of the double auged Shields of Freeport, I didn't notice this when I bought it. Should I de-aug it, not use it, wait for a fix, or what?

Hi folks, New to the server and looking at the rules etc but wanted some clarification and maybe some insight from a veteran on several things.

I PM would be great if anyone wouldn' mind spending some time talking to a an EQ Vet who is noob here.

Absynthe2k5

Last edited:
A question about adepts and summoned items.

I looked through this thread and I did not find an answer in regards to this. I'm curious about the policy on summoned items on adept raids goes.
1) cleric logs in, gets summoned cat's eyes for symbol from a mage. Cleric gets asked to a adept raid where there is no mage, can these summoned cat's eyes be used for symbol or must they be bagged/destroyed.
2) Sandjaw raid is called, can a Summoned Deepshard be used for enduring breath.
3) Ranger is running around with a haste ring (bauble of battle), does it need to be bagged/destroyed before engaging in a Sandjaw adept raid.
4) Do pets need to be destroyed if they have the same haste ring on them?
Thank you in advance.

A question about adepts and summoned items.

I looked through this thread and I did not find an answer in regards to this. I'm curious about the policy on summoned items on adept raids goes.
1) cleric logs in, gets summoned cat's eyes for symbol from a mage. Cleric gets asked to a adept raid where there is no mage, can these summoned cat's eyes be used for symbol or must they be bagged/destroyed.
2) Sandjaw raid is called, can a Summoned Deepshard be used for enduring breath.
3) Ranger is running around with a haste ring (bauble of battle), does it need to be bagged/destroyed before engaging in a Sandjaw adept raid.
4) Do pets need to be destroyed if they have the same haste ring on them?
Thank you in advance.

another question: rezzing with an out of GROUP person be against the rules if say someone wiped on the giant in WBL. a group. not a raid?

Is it possible that you could clarify in the 6 man and raid rules thread just exactly what constitutes a wing in Emberflow?

Currently, it just says "Dark elves, kralaws, and demons".

Today my group ran into an issue where another group showed up in the zone and killed a mob (Weaponmaster) that was in the wing we were in (Kralaw) while we were headed to another mob in the same wing.

The GM who answered the petition I made about this wasn't even sure about the whole wings thing and what is part of what wing in this zone.

You would think this would be common sense because Weaponmaster is in fact a Kralaw, but there seemed to be differing opinions at play there.

This isn't the first time I've seen this kind of issue in this zone.

Is it possible that you could clarify in the 6 man and raid rules thread just exactly what constitutes a wing in Emberflow?

Currently, it just says "Dark elves, kralaws, and demons".

Today my group ran into an issue where another group showed up in the zone and killed a mob (Weaponmaster) that was in the wing we were in (Kralaw) while we were headed to another mob in the same wing.

The GM who answered the petition I made about this wasn't even sure about the whole wings thing and what is part of what wing in this zone.

You would think this would be common sense because Weaponmaster is in fact a Kralaw, but there seemed to be differing opinions at play there.

This isn't the first time I've seen this kind of issue in this zone.

Weaponmaster clear is before kralaw (usually mountain king), I don't think it's wrong for a group to go in and kill weaponmaster while a group is doing MK and/or MT. It doesn't mess with the fight or anything over in those areas. The problem is, there is a grey area in the "Kralaw" and "Demon" wings. To get to both you have to go through the same clear half the way, then after you pass weaponmaster clear it then splits there.

Map below for reference. Unclick "Mobs" on the right to get a clear view. Using the grids, from the center vertical bold white line to four grids right is where the Kralaw/Demon (usually MK/MT/Bapho) clears are the same and where the weaponmaster and several different other names are. Saying a group can't go in there to do weaponmaster is like saying a group can't go in to do melek taus when the first group is doing mountain king. However if you guys are like somehow killing real slow and the second group leapfrog you without permission, I would petition that and push to get them jailed for a lot of days cuz i'm a hater and I hate stuff like that, unless i'm the one doing it.

http://www.mapfiend.net/map/soldungc

Last edited:
Right but the issue isn't whether you can kill that mob without interfering with another group's combat flagging, it's that the wings aren't clearly defined. You can sure go and clear to and kill hellhound emperor while another group that was there before you has engaged and is killing the bee queen without screwing them over with 6man combat flagging code rendering them unable to perform actions, but according to the idea of "wings" in the rules thread, that's part of the first group's (the one that's killing the bees) wing and would be against the rules.

It's obvious that you often have to clear trash mobs from a wing to get to another wing, and that's fine, but we could still use a clarification of just what named mobs constitute what wing in the zone.

yes...that's why i said there is a grey area in the wing system...meaning it's unclear...i was just breaking down the wing and suggesting that in my opinion, weaponmaster shouldnt be associated with "kralaws"...

Raid content that is NOT doable by pickup raids:
Caverns of Darkness
Stronghold of Enthann
The Abyss
Yclist, the Veiled City
Spires of Saitha
Tur'Rujik
Prison of Admyrrza

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raid going great great great. kill all 4 Valor B bosses. Lose a Cleric. no cleric's in guild online... need a cleric to kill enthaan. We wouldnt be able to invite an out of guild Cleric at this point because it would become a pug? or are we talking /ooc tier 7-8 pug forming need blah blah blah?

Questioning that one myself... are Joint raids allowed? Let's say for instance Novus, Prophecy, whoever, has 9 people, and I have 9 people, we need gems/frags/stuff, can we do it with the two guilds cooperating?

Wait, so in theory if you have one person flagged for Gens in ToT, and can get your raid there, you're allowed? Does this apply for guilds as well?

Wait, so in theory if you have one person flagged for Gens in ToT, and can get your raid there, you're allowed? Does this apply for guilds as well?

Good luck on controlling 2nd spirit with only one flagged guy in raid...

Back
Top Bottom