Fomelolizer

Thanks for the clarification!
I still don't know if I am going to use it tho. I don't like big signatures ;).

just to give some more examples of how the search tool can be used...

to get the best ranger type:
ranger

and then choose what sorting option you want.

To find out the best wood elf ranger
+ranger +wood

just typing ranger and wood without the plus would expand the search to include all rangers and all wood elves

To find the best ranger whom isent a wood elf
ranger -wood

If you want to get the best tank whom isent in the guild <giggly schoolgirls>
warrior paladin shadow -gigg

so. is
# Name HP AC Attack AA's
1 Grimar 9561 1668 1340 567

the serverwide best tank or has he not been entered into the system?
Dont think ive ever seen him around.

Enjoy =)

Last edited:
As for the ranks...is it possible to add in the the total amount of that class ranked? For example:

hp: 23 / 103 ac: 11 / 103

basically giving you an idea where you stand overall in this ranking system................. /shrug

As it is right now, you have to select a sort value other than "sorting stat" in the drop down list before you do any kind of search that includes the text bar.

Looks like getting rid of "sorting stat" from this list, and adding that as a html label instead should fix this problem.

also, sorting while I'm typing seems to be buggy. isn't there a way to type what you want, and THEN have it re-sort the list?

also, sorting while I'm typing seems to be buggy. isn't there a way to type what you want, and THEN have it re-sort the list?
The reason the response was a bit weird is that sometimes the response from a previous query comes back later then a new query. I just fixed so that dosent happen anymore, javascript rules.

But if you want to do a regular type of search, you can press enter.
Also usefull if you want to show your search to some one as it then writes out the real url in the html path box of your browser.

As it is right now, you have to select a sort value other than "sorting stat" in the drop down list before you do any kind of search that includes the text bar.
Looks like getting rid of "sorting stat" from this list, and adding that as a html label instead should fix this problem.
Dont think its the sorting stat thats the problem. It defaults to HP if it is sent an unknown sorting stat.

There does however seem to be a problem with words 3 letters or shorter. The problem seems to be in MySQL's Fulltext searching not liking keywords 3 or shorter. Maybe its a setting i have to change, ill look closer at the config file, see if it sheds any light on it.
For now I increased minimum keyword length to 4 letters, dosent seem to have a problem then.

Thanks for the responses, if you find any more weird issues or buggs please post em ;)

I'm going to work on the horizontal sig next and get back to improving the search tool after that.

I've got a few fun ideas about what statistics I can calculate later on too..
Like to wood elf rangers really die the most, or have they been given an unfair amount of publicity in the area.

Last edited:
So...this seems pretty sticky-worthy, somewhere on these forums, maybe under Class and Gear? IDK, I just think it's sticky-worthy.

I love the idea behind this project, but would you mind changing the stat text to black. White makes my eyes bleed. If not, then anything other than white would be wonderful! :)

adding the tag "&horizontal" to the end of the url now makes the image *wait for it* (builds suspense) more horizontal...

example:
http://anguish.mine.nu/fomelolizer/image.php?usr=raix&horizontal
image.php

Its a first version.
Not quite happy with it, suggestions very welcome

image.php

Its a first version.
Not quite happy with it, suggestions very welcome

3 Lines:

Veteran Raix <Anguish> - 65 - Wood Elf - Ranger
Stats: HP: xxxx AC: xxxx MA: xxxx ATK: xxxx FT: xx AA: xxx Tomes: xx
Rank: HP: xxxx AC: xxxx MA: xxxx ATK: xxxx [----<(FOMELOLIZER)>----]

2 Lines:

Name -- Guild--------Stats-HP/AC/MA/ATK/FT/AA/TOMES
Level Race Class----Rank-HP/AC/MA/ATK

Also, the border is taking up a significant amount of horizontal room for the smaller version. Could be recuded some to make it more stackable for people w/ 3, 4, 5, or more chars they'd like to list.

I honestly think the 2 line version would turn out the best, despite the 3 line looking better on the forums b/c of attractive formating that I was too lazy to reproduce for the 2 liner. This is because the more horizontal it is, the less space it takes up (better use of space that is generally not used). I also would support putting rank just below the respective stat, as this makes correlations easier, and overall things more aesthetically pleasing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom