Fomelolizer

charlie2999

Dalayan Beginner
Hey.
Though this would be a fun idea, instead of updating your sig when you want to brag about your character, why not have an auto updating sig.

So i created such a system =)

This is an example
The url :http://anguish.mine.nu/fomelolizer/image.php?usr=raix
simply produces an image of your stats, replace my rangers name with whatever.
So you can then put it in your sig using

http://anguish.mine.nu/fomelolizer/image.php?usr=raix
ex:
image.php

due to popular demand the sig is also available in a more slim lined version for you space concious people out there.
Adding &horizontal to the end of the url will create this type of sig:
http://anguish.mine.nu/fomelolizer/image.php?usr=raix&horizontal
ex:
image.php

What it does is parse the fomelo of the character and saves the data from the parse in a database.
It only parses the fomelo if the data in my database is more then 1 days old.

So the first time it loads it will be slow, but it will be fast the rest of the times.

If you want to search among indexed characters and compare their stats, click here:
http://anguish.mine.nu/fomelolizer/

----- HOW THE RANKINGS WORK -----
As there are alot of questions on this ill try to clarify.

1. The rankings are ONLY based on people using the sig.
When you load the sig the script saves a copy of your data from fomelo in a database.
Data is updated when your character signature is loaded. It updates a maximum of one times per day.
I might automate this later so it instead updates all characters at a given interval.

2. Characters are ranked among their classes.
The HP, AC, Mana and Attack of your character is only compared to players of the same class.
Using the web page, cross class comparisons or global comparisons are easily done.

3. Ranks are recalculated as soon as a new character is entered into the database.
Also recalculated every time a character's data is updated (the once per day thing).
----------------------------------------------

Currently being worked on:
1. horizontal version of sig

Ideas for future development as of now are:

2. add hpregen and ranking there of
3. show deaths and kills (not sure how usefull this is or where i would fit it =P)
4. Add a stat for total tradeskills value, ie all tradeskills summed into one number

Things that are done:
Parsing not always working, (fixxed, havent found any it dosent work for as of yet)
add guild tag
Show level
get AC of player
tome%
FT
rankings according to class (let the e-pen contest begin!)
make it prettier (it is pretty by my standards!)
attack rating, and ranking there of
now changes a little according to your class....

Known problems: - none at this time.

Please give me feedback or comments / ideas for further development or if you find bugs ;)

Edit: changed post to reflect changes done to the app/script

Last edited:
I think there's a bug in your code:

parse.php

My warrior has 76 mana! (His Item Weight is 76, so looks like it's picking up the wrong field... maybe for mele characters without real mana?)

hmm for some warriors it works
parse.php

parse.php

parse.php

I wonder what the difference is on fomelo (its rather tedious to parse it, there are a bunch of special cases for parsing it for different classes).
I'll look into it tomorrow, im to tired now.

either that or you'll have to start using mana!

Last edited:
Theres definitely a bug in the code
parse.php

parse.php

parse.php

inb4 50m upgraaayyyydddeeessss

hmmmm maybe it has something to do with having weapon or not?? Only thing I can really find in common among the casters its showed up on. Aisling would be showing up as 50 from worn atk?

Dunno but likely, running on like 10 people I've looked at. All with a primary with damage/delay show up with mana correct. All without show up as 0, except for aisling, who has worn atk.

Probably something to do with fomelo returning a value of -- so somehow it gets to that, goes oh shit, then picks up worn atk.

Last edited:
parse.php

The idea is nice, but the fact that it thinks I have no mana is :psyduck:.

Good someone who can check. Put in a regular old damage delay weapon nwaij, then check it again and see if its normal. 99% sure thats whats going on.

Last edited:
This is an amazing idea. I will happily throw some fame your way. More fame up for grabs if you make it not quite so ugly =p. Feel free to steal our theme in fact.

Thanks guys =)
This first version is more of a prof of concept and interest rather than a final product.
The biggest problem is getting the frikking parses right.
Even among same classes its difficult to extract data as the html of the page differs.

Yes, it is a little ugly, but the application is super!
This is an amazing idea. I will happily throw some fame your way. More fame up for grabs if you make it not quite so ugly =p. Feel free to steal our theme in fact.
I'll make it look prettier as soon as ive got the parsing to work properly =P
and Fame points, Yay :)

hmmmm maybe it has something to do with having weapon or not?? Only thing I can really find in common among the casters its showed up on. Aisling would be showing up as 50 from worn atk?
Its possible, as some of the stats I've had to find by row ( ie 3rd row 40th character ) instead of by being able to find surrounding text as identifier (since different numbers are surrounded by identical text), so when items get added or removed the row probably changes

EDIT:
Is there anyone I can PM about an easier method of getting the character data?

Last edited:
Good someone who can check. Put in a regular old damage delay weapon nwaij, then check it again and see if its normal. 99% sure thats whats going on.

Tried it, it didn't change. Most likely due to the updates-only-every-2-days thing.

Tried it, it didn't change. Most likely due to the updates-only-every-2-days thing.

Yeah, it wont check the fomelo every time, I diden't want to put an unnessesary load on the SoD servers and it takes quite a while to load the fomelo and parse it so it would be quite slow if it did that on every load (7-8 seconds instead of <1).

I removed you from the database so it would re-parse your data, but either you changed it back or it dident make a difference.

I'll rework the parsing from scratch when i get home tonight see if i can get it to work better.
But I really hope that I'll be allowed an easier access to the data ;)

Last edited:
If metis didn't come to a crawl when it was enabled it would be :p Then again I didn't code it to begin with /eye Dynak

If metis didn't come to a crawl when it was enabled it would be :p Then again I didn't code it to begin with /eye Dynak

Hmm. A reasonable implementation shouldn't be any slower than fomelo itself (just using different tags). Is this one of his JSON projects? =P

actually i forgot about a detail I did, I dident know if i was allowed to do this and dident want to get my home ip insta-banned so i routed the parsing through 3 different locations, hence it was
fomelo response + server 1 + server 2 + server 3 + code execution time..

changed now since you guys dident seem to mind, so its only
fomelo response + code exec time ;)
It now makes the picture in under or close to 1 second (for me atleast)

I fixed the parsing btw, working on making it prettier now. None of changes are up yet, ill put em in all at once. But they seem to be working for all the ones that werent before.

I'm now working on prettifications

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom