Flecthing revamp

Please quote me being "horribly wrong and offensive" I would really like to see what I have said that was so horribly wrong.
That was directed at the above two posts and has nothing to do with you. So, uh, nothing?

This is not an actual thing or the beginning of a thing until someone else takes the initiative to write the full paper (TONS of work) and then proceed to accept harsh criticism about their first draft

I agree that the project is an undertaking, and no one questions the amount of work that you've put into fletching.

However. The SoD wiki entry on fletching is five printable pages long. Five. I've viewed and edited the wiki many times, and as far as I know it covers ALL information related to the fletching revamp. Five pages =/= impossible.

That said, if anyone individually, as a group, as some kind of crowdsourced community project that springs naturally from the playerbase itself, or otherwise were to do the massive amount of planning, design, and first round balancing to turn that topic idea into an actual idea, then I'm still on board for a full on re-revamp. Some 400 word "proposal" isn't going to cut it, though.

Any change to the fletching system requires agreement on two levels. It requires agreement on the part of the playerbase (which can be difficult) and it requires agreement against veto on the part of the dev who implements the system. No one is going to create a revamp that you don't like. And even if you wanted to say "f**k y'all, I'm going to implement your shitty system and let you live with the problems that crop up," no one would be happy with that outcome, either. No one is going to attempt this if you're not on board.

Like others, I'd like to hear what the dev in charge likes most about the current system so I know where, or if, to start.

However, I would like to see endless quiver changed to consume an arrow after X amount of time rather than shots, and bow speed changed up a bit to be more flexible

This would be amazing. While everyone loves the 5 digit crits you can get with the big dmg/dly bows, it is also a ton of fun to spam a hail of arrows at a mob. But that's not really an option because at the rate you chew through arrows A) you run out of ammo and can't shoot anything, B) it's like, whoa expensive.

Getting away from only using big slow bows would be a good thing. For one, it would take a lot of emphasis off of Clockwork's bow being the first real bow and let things like Swiftshot, Misery, and Bloodseeker become viable options for rangers entering the raid game. Hell, I'd use a Quickshot Shortbow if I could just because it's hilarious. Also, in those times when (god forbid) your haste wears off a 100 delay bow is just painful, and if you miss a shot you should probably just start medding because the mob will be dead before you fire again.

Scaling arrow "return" to bow delay may be something worthwhile to do. I wonder how easy it would be... will report back.

I was always scared to make that suggestion because I figured it'd just end up getting rangers nerfed. As long as you change the speed of some bows, so some are faster, it'll be worthwhile imo. On some fights and situations (burning low hp adds?) it's a real pain to have a slow bow and miss twice in a row

I don't feel the real problem is that elemental arrows were taken out of the game. The problem is that rangers are the only class so depending on a trade skill in the game. Fletching shouldn't have the ability to make the very best arrows in the game. The very best way, I feel, to fix this problem is giving Rangers endless quiver and an arrow that is a reward from a quest that can be upgraded as the ranger goes through the tiers.

boom, blew my mind with this one !! That sounds like a fun quest line, as well as feasible for the ranger and their 'fun level' !

Back
Top Bottom