Flecthing revamp

Gargate

Dalayan Elder
Hmmm where should I start....

First up I cant think of a single Ranger who is happy with the state of fletching, not only do we have to shell out more plat just to play then any other class but now to do decent DPS would be required to carry what 6-10 quiver types?.... yeah not gonna happen.

second up maybe its new and different but explain why Sylvan bane quivers make arrows that have animal bane and not sylvan bane :confused:

and for last and what will make every ranger very happy is lets make returning shot be endless quiver, get rid of all bane arrows and "just one" change fletched quivers to resist types "fire,cold,magic,disease,poison," that produce 1 arrow that is no rent no trade and the quiver has 25 clicks.

or at the very least torpedo all this stupid bane arrow crap and just give us resist arrows like above mentioned, face it tao every ranger hates fletching and having to pay ljust to play and theres only maybe 2-3 ppl selling arrows so there is no market.

antifun

It all comes down to the quality of game play. Switching arrows for each different type of mob that I kill is not fun. It's that simple.

I think that taking away our semi broad spectrum arrows hurts our gameplay. Please put poison, disease, fire, cold arrows back in the game as they were before.

if they worked on multiple bodytypes and you only had like 4-5 total different types, i could see it being interesting. 15 or whatever is just gross

if they worked on multiple bodytypes and you only had like 4-5 total different types, i could see it being interesting. 15 or whatever is just gross

I didn't want to clutter up the other fletching thread, but I have a question since I don't currently play a dps class:

With the bane damage changes, didn't all classes that use bane damage take a DPS hit on 90% of mobs they fight? Wouldn't the fact that it is so easy to switch to different bane damage arrows be a plus to rangers?

no because you have to carry a bunch of crap you will only use sometimes, all so bane dmg on other items does not effect range attack, and the lose to bane dmg on melee's wasnt that much tbh.

I didn't want to clutter up the other fletching thread, but I have a question since I don't currently play a dps class:

With the bane damage changes, didn't all classes that use bane damage take a DPS hit on 90% of mobs they fight? Wouldn't the fact that it is so easy to switch to different bane damage arrows be a plus to rangers?

all melee took a considerable dps nerf on all non humanoid mobs, yeah.

play devil advocate, what about making ranger pet a shtorage box like the ones in the house? so u can carry quivers on it?

I'm not saying they were nerfed, I'm pretty sure Sky Darkeners have always been Lore which limits you to holding one stack. If they were made not Lore, then rangers (with the CoD quest weapon Shadowstorm) could spend 20 mins a day melee'ing so they could hold a bunch of stacks and wouldn't have to "pay to play" their class.

It's not even a good idea/fix tbh. I just posted it out of frustration because I didn't like the fact that we have to shell out a couple thousand platinum every couple weeks on arrows just to be at the top of our game. Now with this change, it's even worse.

Last edited:
to the best of my knowledge charmcitysking they were not and were nerfed by the same person who gave us this oh so great fletching revamp.
For the love of God, dude, seriously?! How much tinfoiling, anti-Tao stuff can you make up? They've never not been LORE, and that was always a Marza thing. The use of the LORE tag limited how much he could do with them, and just being able to load up a bazillion of them for later use was deemed unbalancing. He was never happy with it, and this ended up being the best compromise. Almost all of this stuff I said can be found here on the forums in detail, and you were around for it.

again cless cant read I said to the best of my knowledge.

how much trolling are you gonna do, so far you have provided zero comments or statments that were even part of whats talked about. All you have done is sling insults and defend tao.

I'm sorry but if I'm Dev'ing for a game and tao did make the fletching revamp and I knew it made my player base unhappy and just about EVERY person that it effects directly said it was bad, unfun and hinders game play I would probably listen.

like I said before lets force your backstab to work around a poorly implemented trade skill revamp nerf your avg dps and limit your bag space just to play and see how you like it.

So you were just making stuff up out of absolutely nothing and then decided to post about it?

I'm sorry but if I'm Dev'ing for a game and tao did make the fletching revamp and I knew it made my player base unhappy and just about EVERY person that it effects directly said it was bad, unfun and hinders game play I would probably listen.

Hell, in your post right there, you're making the implicit assumption that Tao would have had to supported this for Woldaff to have signed off on it. You have zero idea of how stuff works, but you want to make several attack posts bitching with your wild guesses so that people might agree with you and join the bandwagon. Why would I keep quiet when you persist in attacking someone who's completely fucking blameless here AND is spending several hours a day for free trying to make things better? Besides, I have posted actual information and shared damage formulas to explain why I too don't like this change, and not just in these threads. You need to shut the hell up unless you're going to post actual information.

I'm not saying they were nerfed, I'm pretty sure Sky Darkeners have always been Lore which limits you to holding one stack. If they were made not Lore, then rangers (with the CoD quest weapon Shadowstorm) could spend 20 mins a day melee'ing so they could hold a bunch of stacks and wouldn't have to "pay to play" their class.

It's not even a good idea/fix tbh. I just posted it out of frustration because I didn't like the fact that we have to shell out a couple thousand platinum every couple weeks on arrows just to be at the top of our game. Now with this change, it's even worse.

welcome to the world of pet classes.. buying things u throw away for minor dps upgrades =p

Hell, in your post right there, you're making the implicit assumption that Tao would have had to supported this for Woldaff to have signed off on it. You have zero idea of how stuff works, but you want to make several attack posts bitching with your wild guesses so that people might agree with you and join the bandwagon. Why would I keep quiet when you persist in attacking someone who's completely fucking blameless here AND is spending several hours a day for free trying to make things better? Besides, I have posted actual information and shared damage formulas to explain why I too don't like this change, and not just in these threads. You need to shut the hell up unless you're going to post actual information.

I just wanted to point out that Cless isn't actually privy to staff conversations or the inner workings of staff, either. He is, however, family, so any complaints about him defending me on any level for any reason are inherently unjustified. He is also pretty well aware of the amount of time I spend doing things staff-side for SoD instead of doing things IRL.

Gargate, please stop the personal attacks on me. You're hurting the game when you do that.

and bad content hurts it more.........

and as far as personal attack, last i knew the only way content got changed around here is if the dev who made it changes it that being said did you not dev the fletching revamp?

I would like to see 3 GOOD examples of how this revamp ADDS to the fun/gameplay of the ranger class, oh fair warning just about everyone finds doing TS stuff and carring a ton of crap swaping constantly to be the opposite of fun.

if you think other wise add something like this to the main part of every class and see what happens.

Last edited:
As much as i disagree with the fletching changes yall need to.sit back and calm down. Its obvious nobody likes the changes. Your voice doesnt.go.unvoiced. tao has not said that this shit is set and stone and you can all go.fuck yourselves. Nowhere is the dalayan times has a change been brought about through personal attacks and aggressive posts. The only thing that will get is a forum ban. So if you guys want change you should start a real CIVILIZED thread with real.proven numbers. Tao you need to react in a professional manner and ignore the bullshit. Make your arguement of why things should.be changed or or stay the same in a good manner. Its a gamei doubt this change will be.permanent with evrryonrs reactions but i also.doubt there will br any change anytimr soon with the way everyone is acting. Cless yoi're my boy, you have added.goof.input but tao is a big boy and most ofbyour posts are putting gas on a fire

When has being an angry asshole ever helped someone's cause on SoD? No one is entitled to staff responses, or staff considering your ideas, that is a luxury on this game that gets abused constantly via bitching and garbage 'you're ruining the game/x class' posts.

I think it's pretty apparent that if one is calm and constructive that the staff will consider and respond to their post, even if it's criticism.

I haven't played a bunch of games, but thus far this is easily the most whiniest playerbase I have experienced. Why in god's name do people expect everything to be perfect upon release? When there is a problem, people should post and be civilized, not attack and be assholes. It is not realistic to assume that the staff can think of every single possible outcome that could occur when they make a change.

Maybe people don't realize that THESE ARE NOT PROFESSIONAL GAME DEVELOPERS, these people have jobs just like you and I, and they choose to do this on their spare time. They call the shots, but imo this shit is a TEAM effort, they can't account for everything and they need our help when changes go in to balance them. When you're being a, 'this is the worst change ever, you fucked this class over' asshole, you're just hurting the game, don't expect to be taken seriously or even replied to when you act like a fucking prick.

When has being an angry asshole ever helped someone's cause on SoD? No one is entitled to staff responses, or staff considering your ideas, that is a luxury on this game that gets abused constantly via bitching and garbage 'you're ruining the game/x class' posts.

I think it's pretty apparent that if one is calm and constructive that the staff will consider and respond to their post, even if it's criticism.

I haven't played a bunch of games, but thus far this is easily the most whiniest playerbase I have experienced. Why in god's name do people expect everything to be perfect upon release? When there is a problem, people should post and be civilized, not attack and be assholes. It is not realistic to assume that the staff can think of every single possible outcome that could occur when they make a change.

Maybe people don't realize that THESE ARE NOT PROFESSIONAL GAME DEVELOPERS, these people have jobs just like you and I, and they choose to do this on their spare time. They call the shots, but imo this shit is a TEAM effort, they can't account for everything and they need our help when changes go in to balance them. When you're being a, 'this is the worst change ever, you fucked this class over' asshole, you're just hurting the game, don't expect to be taken seriously or even replied to when you act like a fucking prick.

Nice 1 up! Rofl

Back
Top Bottom