Wizard crit nuke problems

huey

Dalayan Elder
On my character Scabbia, I upgraded my diety aug (Jayla aug, second to last one) in my charm about a week ago, maybe a little less, and I don't feel like I get nuke crits much at all all the sudden. I've been spamming RRR or moon comet sometimes, and I went over half a normal circuit in bloodquarry elites without a single crit. I have no tomes towards crits, but have all the aas for it and have the 225k charm. Could someone possibly check and find out what might be wrong? I really don't feel like it's bad luck. Seems like something's broken.

I have been wondering about the same thing for me. I have been parsing extensively and am only seeing somewhere around 1% critrate if I am reading my parser correctly, and honestly that feels about what I am doing when playing.

Taking this straight from the parser I combined 1 weeks worth of parsing:
upload_2014-6-25_18-14-8.png

If I am reading this correctly I casted 8703 times and crit 12. That's pretty terrible. I think I may not be picking them all up, but still might be worth looking into.

Anecdotally, I've had two different wizards in groups with me comment this past week about not getting many crits. I'll have to dig through some parses to see if I can find anything more substantial.

Quick update....I don't know if this means it's fixed...almost doubt it, but the issues continued in prison tonight, and then in a highkeep group the crit rate was magically normal. Was more like every few nukes with occasional back to backs instead of every few songs played in the background per crit, heh... Guess we'll see tomorrow....doesn't seem like something that would be zone dependant at all, and I didn't change anything between zones that I noticed, but I'll watch it more later...

Ya know, I wonder....pretty damn close. I'll be on later tonight to see if it randomly fixed itself, as possibly indicated by working fine in hhk later last night...

So I'll have to figure out how to post the parses, but in a 6 or 7 hour group in BQ tonight, the wizard had a 2.7% crit rate. Better than I thought, but not even half of what I should get from her charm alone, much less all the crit aas. Something's pretty broken. Shelving the wizard until it works. She's pretty horrible as is.

I know the last post is 2 weeks old but....I've noticed for quite some time now that my crit rate is maybe in the 1 or 2 percentile. (Mage) I have all my crit AAs and always put on my searfire summoned gem (3% crit). If I see a crit is amazing.

Anyone here anything about this?

I have noticed that it seems to be completely dependent on what zone I'm in. Like say Blood Quarry, my crit rate is maybe a tenth. Remnants, same. HHK they seem fine...etc. etc. Someone suggested that it maybe Ikisith zones, but that's not the case, as they have worked fine in one or two Ikisith zones. I eventually plan on parsing zone to zone and posting results, but between my own personal laziness, and the fact that probably all the people that could look into it or do anything about it have bigger things on their plate right now, I just haven't bothered, and have dealt with it. In the meantime I do think I'm gonna write down a list of works or not zone-wise, so I can at least get that information out for other characters to compare, and maybe a stray dev-type to look at it, but I might not really worry too much about the whole parsing thing until after 2.5 gets out, because chances are that'll fix it, or change enough that it's not the issue at hand, heh... But like I said though...in quite a few zones (it doesn't feel like half, but I haven't paid enough attention because I end up in the same zones a lot for long periods of time) they're working just fine, but it's a completely obvious distinct difference from the problem zones...

I don't have parses, but my wizard Sanya has been critting very little compared to the usual. In addition, Hammer of the Gods procs and Divine Rage seem to be much lessened for Saiya, too. I hope somebody else noticed in parsing their own procs.

Here's an update for me.

Last night I was in OG. My crit seemed about normal. I was seeing a crit every now and then ....sorry for not being specific, but it looked normal to me. Sometimes in Western Plaguelands and a few other (Old world) zones, my crit is NON-existant. I remember being in DN one time for 2 hours....I did not see my mage crit 1 time. I was casting Rains (low crit chance I know) and 62 fire DD and 64 Magic DD. During this time I had JB and was in Elemental form along with AAs, my FT was decent. I was casting a lot for 2 hours....and again. I didn't see 1 crit....

Something is wrong and I hope Admins or whoever can at least look at this.

This thread is going nowhere without data. Need parses or this is all just hearsay.

Honestly I barely have time enough time to play right now, so between that and so much potentially changing with 2.5 potentially close, I'm just not in a big hurry on this right now. Feel free to take point if it concerns you )

upload_2014-7-26_11-10-57.png
Kaesora grp last night. 3.3% crit rate. My charm alone should do more than that.

(Apologize if this file is too big, etc....no idea what I'm doing here...)

Last edited:
upload_2014-7-26_11-24-33.png

Valor A run on the 12th. 18.8% which between 225 charm and all the wiz crit aas, seems about what it should be.

Sorry for multiple posts...

Edit...can post it if you want, but I checked that highkeep group I mentioned towards the beginning of the thread and I hit a 22.1% crit rate in there on 6/25.

Edit#2: Prison raid on June 14th I had a 19.3% crit rate. Same place on the 25th I had a 4.4% rate.

Last edited:
So I'll post parses and such if it is determined that this is still an issue, but I just looked at some parses from the last week or so, which, correct me if I'm wrong is after a fix has taken place, and, depending on the zone, I'm still parsing as low as a 10% crit rate (and most parses are closer to that than the better end). This is much much better than it was (although I was having the most noticeable trouble in ikisith zones, and I haven't happened to be back in any of those just lately), and one or two groups had around 18%, but what I was wondering is, is this a product of some zones or groups of mobs having some form of spell crit mitigation? I can't remember who I heard that term from, maybe Slaar, maybe just someone totally random, but is the discrepancy I'm seeing possibly a product of that, or could there still possibly be an issue somewhere?

I'm pretty sure something is still broken here, and it really does seem to vary by zone strangely. I just got parsing set up again tonight, but these are my first two trials, and they seem to be too far off to just be coincidence.

From my understanding of things Solosolki should have:
2 Innate Wizard Crit
7 Spell Casting Fury Crit
6 Fury of the Arcane Crit
8 Supreme Charm Crit
4 Crit Evocation Tomes
4 Mind Tomes
=31% chance to crit nuke? The only thing I wasn't sure on is the innate crit chance.

In these parses, I noticed that the parser does not count ultimate/primals as crits. At one point I thought Ultimates were 25% of crits, but the only numbers I can see now are 16% from Ultimate Blast and then some amount more from Fury of the Arcane. Maybe 6, since it adds 6 more normal crit. Anyway 22-25% sounds about right. Even assuming the high end of that, that means that if we add 33% more to the parse crit %, it should be a high estimate for actual crit rate.

My first parse was in The Murk
Spells Cast: 141
Criticals: 20
Crit % (Modified to account for Ults): 18.9%

Not a super long parse, but ~19% is a long way from the 31% I should see.

Second parse was in Rust
Spells Cast: 218
Criticals: 14
Crit % (Modified to account for Ults): 8.5%

Maybe you could write that first parse off as bad luck, but this second one is just way too far off to not think things are wrong.

As I said, those were just my first two parses since I got the program going, I did not cherry pick them. I will watch other zones/parses and post results. Additionally, what I was seeing felt fairly normal for what my crit rate has been since I started playing again. When I quit a year+ ago my wizard crit all the time. I had channeling back then, and should have been at about 35% crit rate, and it really felt like that. Now it feels like 10-20% of my spells are criticals, which is a massive dps nerf. It really does seem to vary by zone as well. In Thaz I seemed to have a good crit rate and parsed well, but in some other raid zones it was poor.

Another Rust Parse:
Spells Cast: 490
Criticals: 15
Crit % (Modified to account for Ults): 4.1%

Something is definitely off here.

Back
Top Bottom