What's Cole Working on [as of 2020-3-5]

I guess I just don't understand how the implementation would work. I think we can all agree and assume that the harder the content is, the better the loot it should reward. And current t13 content is deemed too difficult. So the solution is to create more t13 content that is similar in difficulty and loot reward, but somehow also easier because the current t13 content is too hard.

Suppose the difficulty of an encounter can be expressed by Gearcheck+MechanicCheck=Tier/Difficulty, where Gearcheck just refers to your raids throughput (can the tank survive properly, can the group/tank enough, can they do so without running oom, does the raid have enough dps, etc). If the current t13 encounters are deemed to be too big of a MechanicCheck, that means to achieve a similar fight difficulty, the difficulty needs to be shifted into the Gearcheck aspect of difficulty to maintain a similar fight difficulty. I think the closest fight to this in current t13 is Rujik. This means the new t13 encounters would require some solid gearchecks, possibly an equal gear check to rujik but the fight is entirely tank+spank plus aoe damage.

I don't really know where I'm going with this, I just don't know if I see how this would fix the perceived issue. Even if the new t13 stuff provides a full set of gear t13 for everyone and is entirely tank and spank fights, I think you'd end up in the same position again of being unable to progress further into t13 or to progress into t14/thaz content. Unless the plan is to create a whole line of progression of "just as difficult but easier" content extending into the higher tiers.

Perhaps going forward raid content is simply massive gear check patchwerk style mobs and 6 mans are the fights that have real mechanics.

Maybe we buff current t13 loot, rename it to t14 (do the same for t14), keep the fights the same, and implement this new t13 stuff with loot thats similar quality to current t13.

Edit: deleted drunken rambling. i wanna say it'd be helpful at this point to make a youtube video or stream of "here is how to play your class that you've been playing for years." In them, a good macro list.

And a general video that says, "here are audio triggers. put this in and you can afk more but look like you're a poopsocker". ive seen the streams. one of our clerics plays PoE more than his clr during thaz. cause audio triggers

Last edited:
Movement fights pose a problem and its unrealistic to say we did it so can you, timing is a big issue in the boxed environment we are in and the most boxed class sadly is a healer ( Cleric's wru ) the choice between moving and casting a heal is often the difference between winning and losing raid content. Try to take that in consideration when making any content whatever the tier is for 18 man fights.
I am not a dev here any longer, but this is just sad to read. The movement requirements for most fights is already trivial, and requesting to further reduce this is severely limiting fight design.

We should try a case study: clone some characters that are from other guilds for LA to play and tell us how many humans you would like us to use and we will see how well we do vs T13 content.

I'd actually log in to do this.

Paxit said:
Movement fights pose a problem and its unrealistic to say we did it so can you, timing is a big issue in the boxed environment we are in and the most boxed class sadly is a healer ( Cleric's wru ) the choice between moving and casting a heal is often the difference between winning and losing raid content. Try to take that in consideration when making any content whatever the tier is for 18 man fights.

Someone link a stream of landslide where all the healers were boxed.

there is another way besides those mentioned to increase fight difficulty. strategy. for example fights that have mobs that are only vulnerable to certain things at certain times.

there is another way besides those mentioned to increase fight difficulty. strategy. for example fights that have mobs that are only vulnerable to certain things at certain times.
I never said there wasn't other things you can do.

Things that are only vulnerable to certain things at certain times is basically Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time in MMO format. Where you spend half your time waiting for a mob to drop it's blocking so you can hit it. It just drags fights out and it's boring. And it doesn't solve the problem. Those "non-end game aka LA toons" without the best loot have slightly, oh so very slightly less mana, and so they'll go oom faster. Meanwhile the fight is arbitrarily extended because reasons.

OoT sucks.

Class stacking is already horrible enough with high tier fights craving wizards, the last thing I want to do is have to build around different elements too. Immunity mobs also suck ass, air boss in thaz is magic immune which basically poops on a lot of classes damage. It's still killable and balanced around it but it sure feels terrible to see a ton of resists on your normal rotation.

If movement is out the window how do you want fights to get harder? Do you just want mobs to have more HP and hit harder? Just a liner progression of tank and spank mobs?
Bloodstorm was not an easy zone by any means and doesn't have too much in the way of movement fights outside of pink terror and geomancer and those two it's fairly limited/straight forward. two of the harder fights in that zone don't require much in the way of movement at all.

That's why I suggest 12man over 18 man and thats it.

The problem being bodies behind the keyboards. LA can box things good for them, most players are not good boxer's. Content stays at the difficulty level but tailored to fit the smaller player base. Sounds pretty straight forward to me.

I honestly believe most of the active raid guilds on the server could progress much higher if they had the bodies, some just need to learn strats, or small things here and there about what to do and when and things to not do.

Last edited:
What stats are not known? I'm pretty sure there is a video for everything we kill. It's not like we hide stats.

I guess that upto the dev to decide tbh and my comment wasnt ment to make things all tank and spank hell I doubt any guild will make it to tier13+ so make it as hard as possible on those guys by all means. To say fights like NZ , Ferdin , KK , Saitha , Eyes of the father just to name a few are box friendly and to be done near on tier while boxed heavy is really a joke and got a good chuckle from that. Really it was ment as comment about anything besides endgame for the most part.

What stats are not known? I'm pretty sure there is a video for everything we kill. It's not like we hide stats.
Heh must have only recently posted a digger video, cus had you been killing it you wouldn't have been asking us so often to get you a hat since you said your own guild wouldn't go there for it. :p

Eh like I said earlier, keep it status quo and you will get more of the same.

As it stands there is probably less than 40 actual human's that actively play this game and a few more that log in from time to time.

Last edited:
Nobody wanted to kill it for him since we killed Bloodstorm on spawn while he was busy IRL and got bored of it/got the loot people wanted from it. The hat is crazy good and arguably BIS for a lot of classes.

Also LA basically raidlogs after Thaz is cleared past like doing Ree/Rujik with a skeleton crew on thursday.

I guess that upto the dev to decide tbh and my comment wasnt ment to make things all tank and spank hell I doubt any guild will make it to tier13+ so make it as hard as possible on those guys by all means. To say fights like NZ , Ferdin , KK , Saitha , Eyes of the father just to name a few are box friendly and to be done near on tier while boxed heavy is really a joke and got a good chuckle from that. Really it was ment as comment about anything besides endgame for the most part.
Id argue that something is "box friendly" as long as it is highly unlikely that any 2 characters will need to do something raid/survivability critical at the same time that is NOT part of their responsibilities as a class. To this end there are very few fights that are unfriendly. Having said that, if people are not comfortable with boxing they should not be doing it.

Also movement is not the end all be all of encounter design, you can have a difficult fight which require little movement. But saying that you should remove movement as a possible element of fights does make me sad, since it obviously limits design, which I do not like. That was really all I was getting at.

Id argue that something is "box friendly" as long as it is highly unlikely that any 2 characters will need to do something raid/survivability critical at the same time that is NOT part of their responsibilities as a class. To this end there are very few fights that are unfriendly. Having said that, if people are not comfortable with boxing they should not be doing it.

Also movement is not the end all be all of encounter design, you can have a difficult fight which require little movement. But saying that you should remove movement as a possible element of fights does make me sad, since it obviously limits design, which I do not like. That was really all I was getting at.

Not against movement strat encounter's myself, the problem comes in when it's movement based and requires people to box to have the number's. The reality is many are not good at boxing let alone boxing on movement heavy strats. The only answer I can come up with is to adjust to a lower body count.

Sure you can say "if people are not comfortable with boxing they should not be doing it" but what happens when the server population has depleted to the kind of number's it sees now and there simply isn't enough people good at boxing to make the content viable?

Back on topic....

Zone - Lake of Ill Omen

Is there any information shareable about the nature of quests in this zone? Such as any continuation of Seeker/Main Quest next to the promising release of the Silent Halls (shut up, its taking forever, we all know), or something completely different and unrelated?

TL;DR:
Server population is low so we need to make T13 content more easy so I can get loot. Also, Kedrin is a loot whore.

Back
Top Bottom