What's Cole Working on [as of 2020-3-5]

Dev-Cole

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.

Firstly, I’m fully enjoying the opportunity to develop content on this server; I enjoy the continued challenges of coding within the limitations of these archaic systems known as “Everquest”. Big thanks to Dev-Rymy and Dev-Grinkles, they are extremely knowledgeable and continually supportive. Shout out to Dev-Fuwok, glad I was able to work alongside you, albeit a short duration.

With that said; in similar fashion: “What is Dev-Cole working on”.

I currently have 4 development projects. A 6 Man, two 18-mans, and a zone. The 6 man and 18 man fights are designed to populate the Tier 13 arena, both in difficulty and itemization. Currently, it is my opinion that Tiers 10-12 do not need any more content and I would like to see differing options for guilds to progress into Tier 13.

Zone - Lake of Ill Omen

We have reviewed current scripts and mobs in the zone and salvaged what can be salvaged and at Rymy’s behest, we’ve wiped the zone for a fresh start.

We have created a plot basis that merges original design intent with current game plot. This is probably the harder part of design. Some players enjoy story and questing, so I want this to be enjoyable for them as well.

Development is progressing smoothly

Plot - Synopsis
“In the past, our heroes assisted the seekers with recovering the MKII behemoth from the Heartland Undercaverns. This mechanical weapon, created in the past by High Elves using both technology and magic, was later altered by seekers as a last ditch effort to sway the tides of the invasion. Tragically, the Kaelzulian Slavers saw through their ambush, and overcame them with ‘strange magic’; the seekers lost, the behemoth a failure.” Lake of Ill Omen continues a branch of this plot as it applies to the War of Ikisith

Teaser (Thank you Grinkles)
5Y9U2Zp.png

Last edited:
Thanks for the refreshing news, nice to see this after all the otherwise depressing posts. Looking forward to your hard work in play!

I mean according to 90% of other posts ive seen the only people that can do T13 content is LA? so basically this is content made for LA and LA alone at this point? seems rough.

Other guilds have a whole bunch of T12-13 toons in them. For some reason though you never see people doing that content. Despite having seen those guilds in the past do that content, they just.... don't anymore. Not sure why. LA definitely doesn't do NZ/Custo/Taesh or Rujik/Ree on the regular, and BW stays up for an insane amount of time until someone harasses ekyu long enough to kill it.

Numbers, bodies behind keyboards plain and simple.

Server population is too small to be able to field completely unboxed raids of 18 man content.

At some point the devs will realize that, but much like a number of my other suggestions (through posts and in game conversations) will it take 3-4 years to make it to game .

Now of course someone will reply "but X guild does this/that with boxes". Sure but is it fun, do people want to have to box, and was the content created with 18 people in mind or 1/3rd of the raid boxed and delayed?

Make a T13 18 man zone and it will basically be a place for LA to replace some BiS pieces from t10-12, make it a 12 man winged zone and it will 100% be done by more than LA.

Last edited:
I want to offer some clarity on my intent.

Lets look at the current t11 raid encounter list. There is a difference of difficulty between Tar'loc and Mistress Saitha, so there is "progression" within a single tier.
(Lets call Tarloc t11.1 and Saitha t11.9)
Currently, the only non-Marza t13 raid is Umbriel'Arkhe. Marza's content is enjoyable because it is mechanically challenging and likewise not box friendly (say t13.5+).
My t13 content is meant to be tier 13.1-13.4, if that helps.

Thanks

I want to offer some clarity on my intent.

Lets look at the current t11 raid encounter list. There is a difference of difficulty between Tar'loc and Mistress Saitha, so there is "progression" within a single tier.
(Lets call Tarloc t11.1 and Saitha t11.9)
Currently, the only non-Marza t13 raid is Umbriel'Arkhe. Marza's content is enjoyable because it is mechanically challenging and likewise not box friendly (say t13.5+).
My t13 content is meant to be tier 13.1-13.4, if that helps.

Thanks
Heh big question for me is will there be another bow option? As it stands jenrok bow is super meh over acid tongue and imps fury for what it takes to get. Blazewind requires minimum boxing and as close to 18 bodies as you can get. These days getting 18 players on all at once on a raid night isn't common for any guild. Also would be nice to have more options, bow progression has always been very lackluster.

I'm sure a lot of class' can ask similar questions, with similar reasoning, like Warrior Magic focus, Monk h2h comes to mind...

Anyway, one way to get wiser, is to do the content when it comes out; and there is no way it can make matters worse right :p;)

I'm sure a lot of class' can ask similar questions, with similar reasoning, like Warrior Magic focus, Monk h2h comes to mind...

Anyway, one way to get wiser, is to do the content when it comes out; and there is no way it can make matters worse right :p;)
Bows are kind of a main focus of the ranger class (large chunk of our AA's and both class tome lines currently in-game dedicated to one item type/slot), the items you describe are just min/max items that are part of but not a main focus.

Theres literally one bow option per tier, sure other classes have BiS items at each tier but they at least tend to get lead up options. Keep in mind there was no t12 bow until imps fury and that one is niche use, and it was years before there was an option between t11 and t13.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom