Twenty-five New Tome Ideas (just Read What Interests You)

remember when this thread was about tomes and not ranger dps? those were happier times.

I could NOT agree more.

Enc-Mastermind- Increases the enc ability to share his skills with the group, based on his tome of striking, tome of crit evo, resist tomes, ect

I really like this idea...

Shared Mind = "The first two ranks of this ability make your group gain some of the benefit from the following AAs, if you have purchased them: Combat Ferocity, Combat Agility, Unerring Precision, Lightning Reflexes, Spell Casting Fury and Fury of Magic. The third rank of the ability confers the benefits of all purchased resists AA's to his or her entire raid. There is no stacking effect with multiple enchanters in the same group or raid - whoever has the highest rank in Shared Mind overrides the other."

Zaela once made an amazing post telling us what this AA did. AKA what the % of "some of the benefit" was. Maybe this Tome should increase this % until 100% of the enchanters aa's? If it was viewed at too underpowered even at 100% then the class tome could look at the tomes the enchanters has after that. It would also be cool to see a rank of the tome increase the number of people who benefit from Shared Mind to the whole raid.

I will also shamelessly post the Idea i had when the Spires Class bracer was nerfed for Enchanters.

Enchanters do have an open third class tome...
Tash the Planet // Tashing Out Rights (for some reason I can't stop thinking about the movie Hackers)
This third class tome could be 25% / 50% / 75% / 100% to proc a MR debuff that doesn't stack with the best tash or could just be the best tash spell.
Another way the tome could work is just a flat 100% to proc from the start and each rank just makes the MR debuff stronger.
I feel enchanters need the open spell gem slot the most around the time they are getting Runic 1 and Runic 2. This is normally around the time people are doing class tomes so it should work well together.
This class tome could keep this very awesome idea still in the game without forcing enchanters to always have to use the same bracer.

ENCHANTER

Tash the Planet – The presents of the enchanters spells are so overwhelming to the target that their magic defenses are slowly stripped away.

Rank 1: The enchanter gains the ability to cast an additional spell before their intended spell lands that lowers the targets magic resistance by 15 (Tashan)
Rank 2: ” 25 (Tashani)
Rank 3: ” 35 (Tashania)
Rank 4: ” 45 (Tashanian)​

TL;DR – Enchanters gain the ability to cast a debuff spell by default to help clean up their overpopulated spell bar.

Last edited:
The thing about that is for the first few parses, yelsie was not a T 13 ranger he was somewhere between T 10 and T 12 pending the dates. It has just been recently that he has scooped some nice upgrades and clickies that helps his dps even more. Furthermore, he only has 2 opus charisma and dex. Yes I am saying that Handlebar Mustache rangers do a lot of dps at the high end, however it has been throughout the tiers that rangers are noticed doing significantly higher dps than other classes. When in SB it was always noticeable when we had rangers in the raid as they did good dps even when boxed. If you want I can go through more older fwf and try and find some of my SB parses. I am not very confident in finding very good sb parses for rangers but I can try.

I can produce 2 years of real time progressing Exodus parses from t-8 mobs to t12 ones (with generally the same characters), but as was said this isn't the place to argue this. I'm going to drop it.

Yale
<Exodus>

I can produce 2 years of real time progressing Exodus parses from t-8 mobs to t12 ones (with generally the same characters), but as was said this isn't the place to argue this. I'm going to drop it.

Yale
<Exodus>

please just stop or move to another thread.

I could NOT agree more.

I really like this idea...

Shared Mind = "The first two ranks of this ability make your group gain some of the benefit from the following AAs, if you have purchased them: Combat Ferocity, Combat Agility, Unerring Precision, Lightning Reflexes, Spell Casting Fury and Fury of Magic. The third rank of the ability confers the benefits of all purchased resists AA's to his or her entire raid. There is no stacking effect with multiple enchanters in the same group or raid - whoever has the highest rank in Shared Mind overrides the other."

Zaela once made an amazing post telling us what this AA did. AKA what the % of "some of the benefit" was. Maybe this Tome should increase this % until 100% of the enchanters aa's? If it was viewed at too underpowered even at 100% then the class tome could look at the tomes the enchanters has after that. It would also be cool to see a rank of the tome increase the number of people who benefit from Shared Mind to the whole raid.

I will also shamelessly post the Idea i had when the Spires Class bracer was nerfed for Enchanters.

ENCHANTER

Tash the Planet – The presents of the enchanters spells are so overwhelming to the target that their magic defenses are slowly stripped away.

Rank 1: The enchanter gains the ability to cast an additional spell before their intended spell lands that lowers the targets magic resistance by 15 (Tashan)
Rank 2: ” 25 (Tashani)
Rank 3: ” 35 (Tashania)
Rank 4: ” 45 (Tashanian)​

TL;DR – Enchanters gain the ability to cast a debuff spell by default to help clean up their overpopulated spell bar.

I really like both of those ideas!

Servant training in current form
Grants a new stance each rank that sacrifices the pet with the following effect:
1) Explode in a disease-based AoE
2) Mez nearby foes
3) Drain HP from target to heal group
4)Infect target with a splurt-type spell.

I would like to see this buffed some as level 3 is pretty much never used. This might change some if maybe add 150 - 250 mana or something to it so its a group heal and regains some mana to the group.

Focused Hate in current form
Adds mana drain and stun to Improved and Leech Touches and increases their damage per rank.

I think this should give the sk 500 - 1k mana back can do 250pts of mana per book.

Third shadow Knight tome option 1:
Chance to proc a short duration song window buff that adds ac either defensive proc when getting hit or offensive.
call it 15 at rank 1 and 60 at rank 4

Third shadow Knight tome option 2:
Chance to proc a short duration song window buff when you get killshot on mob
rank 1 - 5% spell dmg increase 5% increased chance to crit (3 tics)
rank 2 - 10 % spell dmg increase 10% increased chance to crit (3 tics)
rank 3- 15% spell dmg increase 15% increased chance to crit (4 tics)
rank 4- 20% spell dmg increase 20% increased chance to crit (4 tics)

@ 4 tics that is about 24s can cast 1 spear and 4-5 lifetaps. The numbers are a little high but that is because SK's don't get that many kill shots.

Third shadow Knight tome option 3:
Give the sk the abilit to triple attack either only with 2h or possibly with 1h as well. At the fourth rank maybe 25-50% chance.

Third shadow Knight tome option 1:
Chance to proc a short duration song window buff that adds ac either defensive proc when getting hit or offensive.
call it 15 at rank 1 and 60 at rank 4

Third shadow Knight tome option 2:
Chance to proc a short duration song window buff when you get killshot on mob
rank 1 - 5% spell dmg increase 5% increased chance to crit (3 tics)
rank 2 - 10 % spell dmg increase 10% increased chance to crit (3 tics)
rank 3- 15% spell dmg increase 15% increased chance to crit (4 tics)
rank 4- 20% spell dmg increase 20% increased chance to crit (4 tics)

@ 4 tics that is about 24s can cast 1 spear and 4-5 lifetaps. The numbers are a little high but that is because SK's don't get that many kill shots.

I am against any tome adding anything to the song window, I think it would be really annoying for raids. A buff or worn effect would be better.

I am against any tome adding anything to the song window, I think it would be really annoying for raids. A buff or worn effect would be better.
song window is like 100000% better then buff bar which is already crammed with too many buffs/effects and that awful cleric runic pet

1000000% better than a steaming pile of crap is still surprisingly awful.
3rd sk tome should add to sense heading. not quite as amazing as bard med tome but sks will just have to settle with being like wolverine at what they do.

1000000% better than a steaming pile of crap is still surprisingly awful.
3rd sk tome should add to sense heading. not quite as amazing as bard med tome but sks will just have to settle with being like wolverine at what they do.

What positive thing did this post add? or any contribution for that matter?

good thing you are a bard and would not get the benefit from the sk book.

But a 2 bard raid would have the druid hots being overwritten by the sk buff / crash the zone/person or whatever happens when someone gets 7 songs on them. Like i said for the druid song idea, cool but annoying in places.

But a 2 bard raid would have the druid hots being overwritten by the sk buff / crash the zone/person or whatever happens when someone gets 7 songs on them. Like i said for the druid song idea, cool but annoying in places.

we have run 2 - 3 bards and a druid in some raids and never had any of those issues.

What positive thing did this post add? or any contribution for that matter?

well, it wasn't as useful as a series of posts crying about ranger dps, but i think it conveyed two points
1. more buffs/songs bad.
2. sks are already in a great place.
#2 is the reason so many people have a hard time thinking of sk tomes. what do you give the class that has it all? maybe set your sights a little lower and\or come up with something that is more distinct to the class instead of throwing general ideas any class would gladly have.

SK tome :
Increase the damage of the shadow knight in exchange for a -50% agro modifier when using a 2h wep and does not have a Agro buff on (Probably to complex to balance but would be a cool idea for when shadowknights are not being tanks in the group to add a little more dps to them but probably hard to keep the checks active enough to prevent exploiting)

SK tome :
Increase the damage of the shadow knight in exchange for a -50% agro modifier when using a 2h wep and does not have a Agro buff on (Probably to complex to balance but would be a cool idea for when shadowknights are not being tanks in the group to add a little more dps to them but probably hard to keep the checks active enough to prevent exploiting)
Just make the tome add a damage bonus to /s 9. Problem solved. Tad on the blah side, though.

I guess i fail to see how its on the blah side in comparison to reduced downtime tomes. Also your post does not solve the problem as i was going for a straight dmg increase and i believe SK /s9 only increases melee dmg with 2 handers.

Convincing Death – The Monk heightens his/her ability to produce a convincing feigned death. So long as the Monk is the sole aggressor in sight, all nearby enemies will discontinue any spell mid-cast immediately once Feign Death is activated, convinced that the Monk truly has died.
Rank 1: A successful Feign Death will interrupt the spellcasting of all aggroed enemies at a rate of 15%.
Rank 2: ” a rate of 30%.
Rank 3: ” a rate of 40%.
Rank 4: ” a rate of 50%.​

TL;DR – Monk FD has a chance to interrupt all enemies’ spells at once as long as Monk is only person on their aggro list (i.e. during pulls/splits).

NOTES – Another FD-themed tome. I would say this should be coded such that the spell interrupt check is applied to ALL NPCs at once, not calculated and applied on a mob-by-mob basis. Otherwise, such a tome would lose a great deal of its appeal and utility.​

I really like this idea, maybe those percents could be adjusted but overall it's a pretty neat idea, the whole interrupted spellcasting of all aggroed enemies.
Earthen Upheaval – The earth itself stirs underfoot, giving rise to an elemental protector that will defend the Druid’s ally during the healing process.
Rank 1: Following a cast of Relic: Sihala’s Empathy, “an earthen protector” may spawn at the side of the recipient of that HoT. The protector will reduce any melee damage sustained by the recipient by 10% until the HoT expires, then return to the earth. The protector appears at a rate of 6%.
Rank 2: ” at a rate of 12%.
Rank 3: ” at a rate of 15%.
Rank 4: ” at a rate of 18%.
TL;DR – Druid Relic HoT has chance to confer 10% damage reduction and spawns earth elemental for show.
NOTES – If necessary, “an earthen protector” could be coded as a swarm pet targeting the Warrior. This isn’t the most exciting tome idea, but it would add a secondary utility to the Relic HoT. I was a bit wary of a tome that hinges on the player already having a Relic, but the concept could not be extended to the other DRU HoTs without being imbalanced, given that the Relic HoT is the only one with the short 3-tick duration.

This is a really great idea aswell because I feel like druids really should get a healing tome. They pretty much get shafted as far as that goes and get semi-useless things as their class tomes are now.

Back
Top Bottom