Thoughts from a current donator.

Im aware of those boots i just dont like them because of the fragile. Maybe if they did invis at the same time then id like em.

So many good ideas in this thread. I'm most partial to the race change and translocators. The trivial amounts of fame per month would also be good incentive for some people, while not giving anyone the ability to outright purchase something.

The slight exp bonus would drive donations for sure.

You should get a gnome servant who follows you around in athica constantly spamming cure disease/poison on you. Or maybe just make donators immune to communicable diseases in cities somehow.

Just to put in - there is absolutely no chance the server is going down for lack of donations at least not in the near future. We are not *that* far away from the green and regardless I would put up my own money before letting it go down. I just can not do that for prolonged periods of time.

I still think gender/race changes should be offered through one-time donations. Has almost no effect on the game itself

I like this idea, but only if you can choose a race you normally could. Either way, Brimz is going to make Eldorath a gnome and I will cry.

Last edited:
Summonable bank/vendor.

High cost permanent change to non-traditional race, and lower cost for standard sex/race change.

Medium-Low cost NO-DROP BBR/resist/mana/gate pots, urns, etc. It sucks not being able to find any on listsold.

IDK if this is balanced or a good idea, but things that came to mind as super convenient.

New donator tier, Titanium, at a donation of $50 per month. Titanium allows for for 3 boxing. I'm only half joking.

I like this idea, but only if you can choose a race you normally could. Either way, Brimz is going to make Eldorath a gnome and I will cry.

Yes I will.

I think Raxton's list had a couple good suggestion and I think Translocators would be good.

Race/gender change might be okay but then again that's something that would get very little use, so it surely couldn't "fix" any donation problems on its own in the long run.

Sure, but we're still talking extra revenue without any downside. And I think you may underestimate how many people are interested in this. I am not saying it's the end to all the problems but it's a donator option that doesn't effect gameplay that people would be interested in.

Honestly, gotta jump in here. Race/sex change would be awesome, add that at silver' translocators would be ever more cooler, add that at gold; and 3 boxing would be amazing, add that at platinum.

FYI I currently donate at the silver level, but I would jump to platinum in a heartbeat for the above.

Cosmetic and convenience changes sound great (especially the TL to cities things). 3 boxing, npc buffbots, and rez clickies are all terrible and you should feel ashamed if you suggested/support the exchange of those things for money.

Agree with above, cosmetic and convenience only. However, with that in mind, buffbotting is a convenience change for quite a large portion of the server. I'm not necessarily advocating it, but there it is anyway.

I like the translocator's the summoned banker and the exp gain ideas. Gender changes are neat to as long as they arent permanent

I have been a platinum donator for over more than a year. My current rogue was 1st. This is the 1st mmo i have ever played. When i made him i took the 1st name the computer gave me, I didn't know you could change the toons name. Like i said was my very 1st mmo, i started liking the rogue. Most people told me the name was to hard to pronounce. I petitioned to get it changed, all i got was hateful responses. And i promise you if any of the gm's or dev's looked into my toon they will see i'm telling the truth. He was my 1st toon. That is all i'am asking to have done, simple right, i guess not.

I have been a platinum donator for over more than a year. My current rogue was 1st. This is the 1st mmo i have ever played. When i made him i took the 1st name the computer gave me, I didn't know you could change the toons name. Like i said was my very 1st mmo, i started liking the rogue. Most people told me the name was to hard to pronounce. I petitioned to get it changed, all i got was hateful responses. And i promise you if any of the gm's or dev's looked into my toon they will see i'm telling the truth. He was my 1st toon. That is all i'am asking to have done, simple right, i guess not.
The problem with doing name changes is it could be used to escape a bad rep in some cases.

Back
Top Bottom