Thoughts from a current donator.

In-game donator benefits are already pretty great.

Gold item is a pair of boots that are useful for an unboxed noob Paladin or similar

For raid tiered boxed toons such as mine going say to Oasis, port or gate to SWOT type in follow and run north, if I have the boots then I have to find them in my chaotic bags times 2 cast the spell twice and put boots back in bags times two.

If I'm in a group with a single toon then I will have FoE so time saved taking into account everything is minimal in either case.

Platinum item, yes nice area to tradeskill, but what is the advantage over going to Newport Docks apart from one vendor and maybe very slightly cheaper prices not even sure if that is true or not? If they were selling say, ectoplasm, bone chips etcetera at standard vendor prices then I would see some substantial benefit but not as I understand it to be. I'm aware that there are soe pretty little toys that one can buy in Pocket Plane but they ar ejust that.

I am trying to make a reasoned argument here so if I'm missing something please point it out.

Last edited:
If you thought that post was aimed at something you said specifically it wasn't; it was just my opinion on what I saw scanning over the thread... but you paint a bleak picture so ok tangible platinum benefits over gold benefits.

a destroyable / resummonable gate neck to an all auto-ally town with all tradeskill and misc vendors along with multiple tradeskill containers in a small area,

and the potential for 40 bank slots (4? utility ph's in and around the platinum house) per account flagged (two accounts per platinum donation for 80) over a gold donator's house access. Every one of those bank slots can also be used as listview space.

[nothing] to [(ammo illusion clicky*) + (40 bank/listview slots)] to [(Scale of Wolf clicky*) + (60 more bank/listview slots)] to [(Gate neck*) + (80 more bank/listview slots)] *are destroyable/resummonable and therefore don't actually take up inventory space.

If you thought that post was aimed at something you said specifically it wasn't; it was just my opinion on what I saw scanning over the thread... but you paint a bleak picture so ok tangible platinum benefits over gold benefits.

a destroyable / resummonable gate neck to an all auto-ally town with all tradeskill and misc vendors along with multiple tradeskill containers in a small area,

and the potential for 40 bank slots (4? utility ph's in and around the platinum house) per account flagged (two accounts per platinum donation for 80) over a gold donator's house access. Every one of those bank slots can also be used as listview space.

[nothing] to [(ammo illusion clicky*) + (40 bank/listview slots)] to [(Scale of Wolf clicky*) + (60 more bank/listview slots)] to [(Gate neck*) + (80 more bank/listview slots)] *are destroyable/resummonable and therefore don't actually take up inventory space.
I mean that's fine if you don't take into account platinum donation status is almost 2x times the cost per month that retail mmo subscriptions are. Even if you're just paying to support the server and not for an in-game advantage I don't think it's unreasonable to expect your dollar to go a little further and for an effort to be made to add in more things all players will find useful.

Has any idea been tossed around for neverending canteen/belt of the storemaster type items? Self cast only items for no-drop food and drink. I hardly see it as game breaking, but something that alleviates an annoyance to most people.

I think it would be awesome to be able to 'skip' the MoP. If you are a donator and you enter the MoP, it should start you already in the middle area to cut down on the run and the akheva should ignore you.

is it possible instead of having the /cm platitem or whatever the command is summon you a clicky item just simply cast the spell itself? so if im donator flagged for gold and i type /cm gold it would then cast spirit of golden wolf or whatever on me instead of summoing an item?

So... what about....?

kdko said:
Has any idea been tossed around for neverending canteen/belt of the storemaster type items? Self cast only items for no-drop food and drink. I hardly see it as game breaking, but something that alleviates an annoyance to most people.

At the very least you could have cheaper food and drink with a few token stats up there if there isn't anything like that already.

so how about just getting a never ending canteen and a store ration belt?

Already have them.

I think it's a good idea for something that could be given to donators though, if we're just brainstorming ideas. Definitely not a game breaker, yet relieves an inconvenience.

what about a /cm donatewater /cm donatefood

I don't carry those items because I don't like giving 4 inventory slots to food/drink.

I think it would be awesome to be able to 'skip' the MoP. If you are a donator and you enter the MoP, it should start you already in the middle area to cut down on the run and the akheva should ignore you.

This would be amazing. I would highly encourage (force) my fellow guild members to donate, especially those I exp with regularly, for quicker mobilization to the few zones where MoP'ing is quicker than porting.

While they don't come up very often, what about giving Donators an extra lotto ticket?
It's been 7 pages so I'm not sure if its been suggested, a small but re-occurring monthly amount of fame, like +2/4/6, on their primary account.

Back
Top Bottom