This Months Account Drive - YOU DECIDE!

sodchickaddcopy.png

damn this game looks awesome, i must play it

Im still a believer of Topix

and the way it is nationwide or bigger. Last year I put out a few posts on my local Topix boards and got a goodly amount of views which led to them coming on over to SoD and the rest is history. A larger amount of initial posts would directly lead to a larger amount of 'check-it-out' responses from the Topix community. Topix is free and reaches a massive amount of peeps daily so I suggest plant the seed and see where the vine grows to...

Im pretty shameless, please choose *MY* suggestion and reward me well. Tis the American way!

Props to the half naked poster idea, it might even work with my idea:

Print out a bunch of flyers and go to your local video game/electronics store and hand them out. (I don't think the store would mind considering you are promoting a product they sell). Flyer should contain relevant points of interest to SoD. Another Idea is have some kind of promotion to new players just like other mmorpgs have. For example, 30pp to help get you started or a piece of noob armor. How this would be implemented I don't know, maybe have to email a GM to get the item granted once account and toon were created.

and the way it is nationwide or bigger. Last year I put out a few posts on my local Topix boards and got a goodly amount of views which led to them coming on over to SoD and the rest is history. A larger amount of initial posts would directly lead to a larger amount of 'check-it-out' responses from the Topix community. Topix is free and reaches a massive amount of peeps daily so I suggest plant the seed and see where the vine grows to...

Im pretty shameless, please choose *MY* suggestion and reward me well. Tis the American way!

I agree this is a good place to promote too. I always use Kijiji and craigslist to advertise, its free and gets amazing results

Another account drive.. have I slacked that long on getting the fame off the last one? Wow, damn.
I vote for the evony style ads, also. Was funny laughing at the teen-age boys who signed to play, and then asked in the world channel where the hot women were at. :)

Didn't say I was single handedly saving SoD. Didn't even mean to imply it. If that's how the post sounded, then I deeply apologize. I am just saying, that I think the mention of a guild that helps others may coax new people into trying out SoD.
And, it is possible you have helped more people out then Moontree has, epically since as of right now, I am the only active Moontree member. But I don't look at it as a contest. To me its about helping, not helping the most.
BTW, have you considered joining Moontree if you really enjoy helping? We would love to have you, along with anyone else that truly enjoys helping others.

Wow, I never expected this to turn into such a big debate. But I can see the greater good in it. Moontree does need to be promoted. Within SoD epically. I think the things we do are important, and very nice. That's why I started Moontree, because I think its important, and I enjoy doing it. I dont' want recognition, I want Moontree to be recognized, so others can utilize it. And without promotion, no one knows we do it, and thus no one can really ask for help. So I say it again, and sing it from the roof tops! Moontree is here! We love to help new players! Send any of us a tell! Post it everywhere! If there was a way, I would spray paint Moontree over every wall in SoD! Shout it with me! Moontree! Moontree! Moontree!

You should probably mention that some of the stuff i gave you is still in your bank and/or used by your chars. You know, in case people think you are Jesus or something.

Another account drive.. have I slacked that long on getting the fame off the last one? Wow, damn.
I vote for the evony style ads, also. Was funny laughing at the teen-age boys who signed to play, and then asked in the world channel where the hot women were at. :)

Evony style ads ftw.

Obviously the best way to do this is make a ton of WoW acconts, level up, then over time make friends and convince them to leave to play this really cool small server you heard about.

You should probably mention that some of the stuff i gave you is still in your bank and/or used by your chars. You know, in case people think you are Jesus or something.

Nothing donated to Moontree is used by any of my characters, or any other Moontree members unless stated by the donator I make take some items if I like. Albeit there is many items donated that are still in the bank, awaiting to be given away. There is even ~800p we raised in the 50/50 draws also still in the bank, awaiting to be used in Moontree causes. Some will most likely be spent on gear preparing for our current event.
But, interesting idea. I should create a new character, and use the east Indian name "Jesus" for his name. I wonder if that would violate naming policy? Not ge-zus or Nazareth, but hey-zus of Moontree!
But then I would have to make a God, and a Jehovah... Too many characters to try and prove a point.
Now, to those of you that are not well versed in sarcasm, the point is NOT that I am all super awesome great award me for doing all this and worship me. My point is, I do what I do, because I like to do it.

I have a suggestion. Its more about getting people that come here started, then actually getting them here. I worked as a computer tech for many years, and one thing I learned, is that some people, no matter how simple the directions are, still get confused. And the number of people that are like that, is staggeringly high.
It causes me to wonder, how many people HAVE made it here, and read the directions on how to get started on playing, and got totally confused.
In come the single-click solution. Right on the main page, "Click here to play!" This little button (well, maybe big would be better, and flashing) would run a java applet that:
1) Checks to see if the client is installed. If not, will direct them to some place to purchase it.
2) Checks to see if the maps have been changed. If not, downloads them, and updates the maps (And provides an eta, so people know its working)
3) Provides all the services of the patcher (may need to be redesigned to check file sizes and crc's instead of a .txt file, or hide the .txt file somewhere it would not become deleted, perhaps the main client dir
4) Ideally would incorporate the eqw code directly into the java applet. If not possible, during patch, install eqw, and when starting the java applet, display a screen that shows what the eqw window looks like, with big letters that point to, and say "When this window appears, click here!"

Well, I think you get the idea. I would offer to write the code myself, but I am not a programmer.

That's my 2 copper. I don't think the biggest chore is getting them here, I think its giving the ability to play.

And just to tease the haters. The java applet could also mention Moontree.

I don't know how I stumbled onto this server but, I remember stumbling onto it back when it was "Winters Roar".... how ever if you looking for a way to expand the player based I'd recommend start accounts and posting on the "Ever quest free server listings ( the ones which players are capable of voting on what servers they like.)

Putting an add on these websites would give SoD a chance to be known in the "underground eq community" it would also allow advance or players that have experiances with EQ already and MOST likly have eq and would know what to do in-order to get onto the server etc etc...

also as most the above stated having yourself on mmorpgs might be a possible ? but I believe that website is for legit games only...

here's an example link of what I'm talking about

http://www.xtremetop100.com/*********

yes my english sucks, so live with it and try to figure it out ^_6

Videos of EQ are uber boring. Nomater what lvl you are, the shit looks the same.

IDK dude. I bet a bunch of people would LOVE to watch me do backflips for four hours while we clear hard boss for side grades.

So last year we did an account drive that had a great end outcome (~15% increase after 3 months) yet we also were pretty annoying to the rest of the internet.

So this thread is where YOU make suggestions for how we should run this account drive! Include what we should ask players to do, what rewards they should get, how we can get our name out etc.

If we use your idea you can get fame and general adulation from the entire server.

Get to it!

Advertise on the Howard Stern show! SoD and Babes go together, everyone knows this.

Auto bow for my leet advertizing! That's the deal!

Anyway, I'll make a post on my old EQ guild board when the drive starts up.

Why doesn't someone just start a link to a really great video or description of SoD on Digg or Reddit. You can have a bunch of us digg it up or whatever until it's on the front page. There are a lot of gamers that read both of those daily that have never heard of SoD....I know I used to be one of them! Just call the post something like....
---Free MMORPG...better than the original?!?!---
or something along those lines.

Back
Top Bottom