This Months Account Drive - YOU DECIDE!

Waldoff

Administrator
Staff member
So last year we did an account drive that had a great end outcome (~15% increase after 3 months) yet we also were pretty annoying to the rest of the internet.

So this thread is where YOU make suggestions for how we should run this account drive! Include what we should ask players to do, what rewards they should get, how we can get our name out etc.

If we use your idea you can get fame and general adulation from the entire server.

Get to it!

Well, I suggest in any advertising done, you mention Moontree. Many of you (Including you Waldoff) know we love to do things to help new players. If someone can provide me details as to when this account drive will start specifically, I will do everything I can to hold as many events, giveaways, etc as I can during this time to help new players enjoy themselves, and thus stick around. I believe enjoyment in the first 20-40 levels is the key to getting new players to not just come, but stay, and think that a suggestion of a guild that enjoys helping new players may help boost responses.
I just hope I will be able to keep up with the requests, either way, I would enjoy the challenge.

Links on other MMO related sites.

Is there anything about the game posted on MMORPG.com? I know I've gone there looking for games to play, up until I heard about SoD. Seeing about getting game description, Screenshots, and gameplay videos could help increase the number of users. What about the Steam Platform, is there anyway to get a small ad around there? I know lots of people use steam just to run games pretty often.

Is there anything about the game posted on MMORPG.com? I know I've gone there looking for games to play, up until I heard about SoD. Seeing about getting game description, Screenshots, and gameplay videos could help increase the number of users. What about the Steam Platform, is there anyway to get a small ad around there? I know lots of people use steam just to run games pretty often.

I agree about mmorpg.com. i have looked at their forum a few times and never come across someone mentioning SoD.

What about a second webpage designed to grab the google searchers out there that are looking for a game. you could put Free mmorpg on the webpage as many times as possible so all the spiders out there get multiple hits on that page, thus bringing it closer to the top of the list when searches are done. then just explain the game on that page, not as in-debth of course then have a bunch of links over to this page. That would get the name out there more.

Success with Google searches will be difficult because it appears the forum is still trying to hide from **** Online Entertainment(SoE) by censoring "*********". I was browsing the introductions and farewell forum yesterday and many new players indicated they were former EQ players who had an itch for some old school hardcore mmo action. Obvious, but this means having Shards of Dalaya come up on a Google search for "*********", "free", "Kunark", "Velious" and other related terms would be a good way to get new members.

Removing the "*********" censoring in the forums and using the term on the main site, if it is a safe thing to do, would be helpful. If "safety" is an issue, Lokia's idea of a trashy link heavy website could be a good idea.

Now that I actually did some searching, SoD did show up on a google search for "free ********* server" as number 2. Searching for "free *********" gets a SoD Dig post at number 4. It looks like you guys have already tried this.

Facebook Page, Twitter Page - all the FB users can fan the page and our friends will see it etc - I'm sure we all have friends who played that other game..

Perhaps there could be a contest associated with group fanship - when a milestone is reached a new player "new as resulting from the membership drive" would be randomed a set of jewelry or something (player crafted)..

Im sure a lot of people that used to play eq still talk to their old guildmates/friends. Or maybe they still frequent those boards. Wouldnt hurt to put up a "hey come play this" thread again since its been a year since the last one.

Evony style ads are the way to go.

sodchickaddcopy.png

"Well, I suggest in any advertising done, you mention Moontree."

Shameless...

Obviously you know nothing of what Moontree stands for, either that, or are totally against what we stand for. If it is the first, please, take but a few moments to educate yourself. We are a guild devoted to helping players, specifically new ones. Search for posts by us on the forums. See the things that we do. There is no shame in what we do.

Secondly, consider this. If you had the choice between 2 mmorpg's, one's ad campaign said "Come play with us" and another said, "Come play with us, and if you choose to, look up <guild x> they like to help new players and give things away to them" What mmorpg would you choose?

Less hate, more love, eh?

Last edited:
Obviously you know nothing of what Moontree stands for, either that, or are totally against what we stand for. If it is the first, please, take but a few moments to educate yourself. We are a guild devoted to helping players, specifically new ones. Search for posts by us on the forums. See the things that we do. There is no shame in what we do.

Secondly, consider this. If you had the choice between 2 mmorpg's, one's ad campaign said "Come play with us" and another said, "Come play with us, and if you choose to, look up <guild x> they like to help new players and give things away to them" What mmorpg would you choose?

Less hate, more love, eh?

I'm pretty sure that by myself as a random player, I"ve helped more people than moontree has...its not like you guys are singlehandedly saving SoD or anything. The game isn't really that hard to require a guild like Moontree, so don't act like you're doing everyone a big favor.

I'm pretty sure that by myself as a random player, I"ve helped more people than Moontree has...its not like you guys are singlehandedly saving SoD or anything. The game isn't really that hard to require a guild like Moontree, so don't act like you're doing everyone a big favor.

Didn't say I was single handedly saving SoD. Didn't even mean to imply it. If that's how the post sounded, then I deeply apologize. I am just saying, that I think the mention of a guild that helps others may coax new people into trying out SoD.
And, it is possible you have helped more people out then Moontree has, epically since as of right now, I am the only active Moontree member. But I don't look at it as a contest. To me its about helping, not helping the most.
BTW, have you considered joining Moontree if you really enjoy helping? We would love to have you, along with anyone else that truly enjoys helping others.

Wow, I never expected this to turn into such a big debate. But I can see the greater good in it. Moontree does need to be promoted. Within SoD epically. I think the things we do are important, and very nice. That's why I started Moontree, because I think its important, and I enjoy doing it. I dont' want recognition, I want Moontree to be recognized, so others can utilize it. And without promotion, no one knows we do it, and thus no one can really ask for help. So I say it again, and sing it from the roof tops! Moontree is here! We love to help new players! Send any of us a tell! Post it everywhere! If there was a way, I would spray paint Moontree over every wall in SoD! Shout it with me! Moontree! Moontree! Moontree!

Back
Top Bottom