The High Tier Raid Issues Megathread

I have myself considered coming back, if for no other reason then to finish/fix the content that I have currently in the game. But I am not so sure about how the other devs feel about that, I don't feel like I left on the best terms after all. It has however been awhile and a lot has changed for everyone I am sure, so maybe things would work out.
i really hope you and the other devs allow this. it's sad to see all this mysterious content rumored to have all the phats and it not being finished or killable :( then again maybe most of it is and we're just bad

Its been a while but was there a way to do those phases separately? I remember always getting the water add while kiting wind torrents, and it was just pretty much impossible to keep everyone alive. And then since then its just hard to get motivated to put in time on a fight with no one there to watch/tweak it.

A lot of people would be really happy to have you back (including Devs from the whispers I hear), to at least finish the stuff you started if nothing else. I don't know the details, but my understanding of the drama/issues was just you making items with so many unique effects that were hard to balance. They were fun, but also potentially problematic. I think at this point players would be super happy to just see some new content/gear with completely normal strength gains (stats, procs, focus effects, ratios).

Its been a while but was there a way to do those phases separately? I remember always getting the water add while kiting wind torrents, and it was just pretty much impossible to keep everyone alive. And then since then its just hard to get motivated to put in time on a fight with no one there to watch/tweak it.

A lot of people would be really happy to have you back (including Devs from the whispers I hear), to at least finish the stuff you started if nothing else. I don't know the details, but my understanding of the drama/issues was just you making items with so many unique effects that were hard to balance. They were fun, but also potentially problematic. I think at this point players would be super happy to just see some new content/gear with completely normal strength gains (stats, procs, focus effects, ratios).

The water "phase" isn't so much a phase as it is an add. I don't want to reveal much in the way of how the fight is implemented, but the players ultimately control when the add spawns.

Its been a while, and its certainly possible we were doing something wrong, but the way I remember it, it didn't seem feasable to do the add another time. Need to put in more time on the fight to know for sure though, and its hard to be motivated to do that if there isn't anyone around to watch and fix bugs / balance it, since we will probably have *less* dps now than when we were trying the fight years ago. My character is 200-300 dps less on average than where it was when we were trying the fight.

95% of this is stuff I don't remember details about, but Eniva the Troubadour I remember and got permission to discuss (a long time ago).

At the time, she had a reportedly buggy reset if the group wiped during Phase 2. I tried adding a few checks to make sure all of the Phase 2 things would reset, but she wasn't attempted again before I stepped down. There's a reason for that. Phase 3 didn't exist. The script literally despawned her with no further mechanics if you got her to either 30% (... maybe 40%) and she'd respawn in 4-5 days like you'd killed her.

That, of course, is old information, so take that with a giant grain of salt.

P.S. Did anyone ever try that third encounter in Temple of Elael?

95% of this is stuff I don't remember details about, but Eniva the Troubadour I remember and got permission to discuss (a long time ago).

At the time, she had a reportedly buggy reset if the group wiped during Phase 2. I tried adding a few checks to make sure all of the Phase 2 things would reset, but she wasn't attempted again before I stepped down. There's a reason for that. Phase 3 didn't exist. The script literally despawned her with no further mechanics if you got her to either 30% (... maybe 40%) and she'd respawn in 4-5 days like you'd killed her.

That, of course, is old information, so take that with a giant grain of salt.

Ehh?? I'm actually surprised that you said as much as you did. I vaguely remember you talking about the fact she despawned and I told you at the time that was intentional. The only thing that was missing at the time was that she was not itemized. I thought that I actually cleared this up at some later time. People didn't not do the fight because of some third phase that you perceived as missing, they just didn't do it. The fight was definitely bugged, but it was finished. The only thing that wasn't implemented was some kind of fight ending message along with a way to administer loot. But the fact that the fight was pretty much not beatable without a dev overseeing the fight as it was and it wasn't even close to being beaten, the fact that the loot part wasn't ironed out was not the end of the world since it could always be administered otherwise.

I do believe that at some point in time, after you were not really around, I added the loot stuff and what not to the end for what it's worth, but I'm not 100% positive on this.

Oh, okay, then there's multiple reasonable conclusions including but not limited to (1) the time lapse between me seeing that and our conversation was longer than a week (2) the part of the script that despawned her was meant to be a larger "you win" storyline thing where you don't kill her (3) some combination of the above.

*still gets nostalgic about SoD at least weekly*

Ehh?? I'm actually surprised that you said as much as you did. I vaguely remember you talking about the fact she despawned and I told you at the time that was intentional. The only thing that was missing at the time was that she was not itemized. I thought that I actually cleared this up at some later time. People didn't not do the fight because of some third phase that you perceived as missing, they just didn't do it. The fight was definitely bugged, but it was finished. The only thing that wasn't implemented was some kind of fight ending message along with a way to administer loot. But the fact that the fight was pretty much not beatable without a dev overseeing the fight as it was and it wasn't even close to being beaten, the fact that the loot part wasn't ironed out was not the end of the world since it could always be administered otherwise.

I do believe that at some point in time, after you were not really around, I added the loot stuff and what not to the end for what it's worth, but I'm not 100% positive on this.

i havent tried the fight since eisley was around but it didnt look like some "adds" were doing their "cooperate merger" thing right. Seemed like a cool and fun fight for how i thought it was suppose to go.

*still gets nostalgic about SoD at least weekly*
think everyone does, these forums probably have more active accounts then in game.

It has been killed multiple times by prophecy. Another fight that doesnt seem to reset properly.

[edit] Plainswalker Haro, don't tease me!

Last edited:
Another fight that doesnt seem to reset properly.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! </Calculon>

That's no good, even if I'm glad someone eventually saw the encounter.

That said, the nature of that boss and what he's trying to do are a bit ... Monk FD unfriendly. If you mean that, then working as intended. If after a wipe, though, he's not resetting, that's not good. Any details on what part isn't working might be helpful (... and I'm totally going to have to apologize for getting this thread way off topic).

Elael Honor Guard - does not reset after a wipe, thus the adds do not do AE mechanic

Reanimated Priest - does not reset after a wipe, thus the adds do not spawn at 90%. Only way its been killed since being "fixed"

Do people actually test mobs before implementation? lol

Elael Honor Guard - does not reset after a wipe, thus the adds do not do AE mechanic

Reanimated Priest - does not reset after a wipe, thus the adds do not spawn at 90%. Only way its been killed since being "fixed"

Do people actually test mobs before implementation? lol
i think that reanimated priest thing is considered exploiting....

Something else that I think is a pretty huge issues for end game casters is...

Lack of Focus Effect progression at T12-13
I made a thread detailing this odd problem a while ago, but now is as good a time as any to readdress it. Focus Effects are the main way that spell casters get more powerful through the game. Through raid tiers 1-11, there is a focus effect gained, on average, every 1.5 tiers. At the most, you might go two tiers, before you have the next level of focus effects. Focus 8s are available in T9, more available in T10, and by T11, nobody has any issue wearing all Focus 8s. If normal progression continued, even by conservative estimates, we would expect to see focus 9s start to show up in T12, and be pretty widely available by T13, but this is not the case, we just keep seeing more and more and more Focus 8s. This means that from T10-11 on, casters kind of stop progressing. They get small gains to hit points and mana, and maybe they get a cool clicky effect or something, or some tomes, but their ability to cast damaging spells, or healing spells doesn't improve as it did through the rest of the raid game. T13 yields a grand total of ONE Focus 9, and the bits and pieces of T14 that have been seen still seem to have Focus 8s. For a while there was a workaround to this problem using channeling, and some other unique/odd effects. Channeling granted more spell crits, the 4.3 robe granted CSI 10, the 4.3 sword granted DI 10, but all of those have been removed from the game (or in the case of the sword, just made unusable).

Since all those weird effects, and channeling were deemed bad ideas (and I don't think people are really arguing that point) can we please go back to the old, tried and true, method of caster progression and give new Focus effects? Focus 9s should start showing up in T12, and be pretty widely available in T13, and T14 should really be the beginning of focus 10s.

I really hope this can get resolved, because the nerfs to channeling and 4.3 gear dropped my characters effectiveness by ~15%, and I have yet to regain any of that. Focus effects are the proper way of allocating that power, and I really hope the powers that be will recognize this and re-itemize some stuff to fix the issue, because right now playing a caster or healer is really boring when it comes to gear progression.

Prophecy requested dev assistance, multiple devs showed up and watched us do priest one night. What I just detailed happened in front of them.

Some days later, staff go to the forums to assure us regarding priest:

Shortly there after,

Please don't pretend that we were blatantly disregarding rules.

What's more, there is currently a mob in game with the strat of "sacrifice members of your party to it, bad mechanic stops afterwards"

Sure sounds like exploitation to me.

remember when CW said devs watched us... we still got 12 months of loot revoked.

doesnt matter what you do. if your not doing the fight how they wanted you are in the wrong. also #obviousexploits

No adds spawning on priest is a pretty obvious/massive bug. Everyone is tempted to just do it and get the loots, since the fight is almost unkillable the "normal" way, but everyone also knows without any doubt that it is not how the fight is intended to go, and its not a strat, its a pretty obvious bug.

Back
Top Bottom