The High Tier Raid Issues Megathread

Hasn't the reanimated priest fight been more or less not working for like 2 years at this point? I've been steadily seeing posts about it forever now.

It was rebalanced to be impossibly hard on tier or something?

Especially when the first go around spawns the adds, and subsequent ones don't. Don't tell me no one noticed this.

Anyway, it should be fixed now. For the 400th time.

The reason it has been a pain Fuwok is it was broken under the old scripting system. We converted it to the new one, which brings along its own issues. While it was better, there were still some strange interactions that needed to get worked out. Based on what I tested, it looks like the reason we didn't notice it is DPSing too fast under test conditions, which bypassed the issue. So, despite claims to the otherwise, we do test, you just can't always do so in a real-type scenario.

Bugs with current Unknown Cries mobs fall into a similar category in fact! We've been testing them for literally months, but only know are finding out about issues. It's hard when it's not your full time job to be QA. :)

Thanks for the response. That post wasn't meant to be sassy, I was just wondering what reasoning there was behind the constant mentions of that encounter. Now I know!!!

I just want everyone to know I have two items from Tier 14. They are the only two items from Tier 14 that have dropped thus far in the game, and they are both WORSE than items from T11 (Iskkath the Mindful and The Forest Gloom). I don't know about everyone else, but somehow that seems really wrong/absurd to me...

Since 'Tiers' are made up by players, sometimes the comparisons will be up to opinion. AFAIK the devs tend to make the loot worth the difficulty, so you might want to argue it from that direction. The way the argument is phrased makes me think that "Tier 14 items" is a meaningless thing to say. I think I get the point regardless, but if your going to make arguments for the staff, I think using less arguments based on player jargon would probably work better.

Tiers are just how players rank difficulty... these are fights that are so difficult that they have never, or just now, barely, with all cooldowns used, died to players that have been farming Undead Taeshlin, Rujik, Blazewind, etc for years, and could do the forementioned "Tier 11" Iskkath the Mindful with 12 people, or The Forest Gloom with 3-4 people. The difference in difficulty is completely absurd, yet the loot has marginal gains, if any. This has been a problem for years now, some items are fine, and good, but others are just... strangely... bad. Hopefully with marza back, since they are mostly his items that got nerfed into the ground, and he knows how difficult his fights are, they can be re-adjusted.

dd9gjUG.png

This is a pretty rough graph but i think it conveys the idea relatively well

looking at the graph, the OG mobs are way harder than most stuff with loot on par with spires shit. turruj basement is easier than spires with better loot AND opus AND class tomes. sharn/taesh/BW/rujik/monstro are much harder than basement/spires but have relatively linear progress in terms of loot. this obviously isnt a 100% accurate thing but a rough and visual representation for people to look at to see "hmm something doesnt seem right here"

EDIT: prime twins should probably have its own seperate line with the same X value as the other OG mobs but the same Y value as Sharn`ree and friends

Last edited:
looking at the graph, the OG mobs are way harder than most stuff with loot on par with spires shit. turruj basement is easier than spires with better loot AND opus AND class tomes. sharn/taesh/BW/rujik/monstro are much harder than basement/spires but have relatively linear progress in terms of loot. this obviously isnt a 100% accurate thing but a rough and visual representation for people to look at to see "hmm something doesnt seem right here"

EDIT: prime twins should probably have its own seperate line with the same X value as the other OG mobs but the same Y value as Sharn`ree and friends
EDIT2: Graph in general will change when looking at the difference between melee/tank/healer/caster loot etc

wow i made a seperate post and not an edit im being awful today

Yeah, that isn't totally accurate since twins aren't terribly hard, just their loot isn't representative of their challenge, but it gets the point across that at the higher tier, there is a massive disconnect between encounter difficulty and the rewards it yields. The end game bosses: Ree, Rujik, Taeshlin, Monstrosity, and Blazewind almost skip a tier in difficulty. Everything before them is a continuation of the game's normal progression, then suddenly you have encounters that are both more challenging skill wise AND gear-check wise. Some of the loot is representative of this, and other items are just really mediocre. Then you move to even harder encounters like Hard Mode Blazewind and Jenrok and you still see the same level of gear. Its like all item progression stopped at Tier 11-12ish, and nothing stronger than that is allowed to enter the game, no matter how difficult the mobs get. This is part of the reason why there has been no raid progression in years, its simply impossible to keep killing harder monsters without having better gear to do it with. My character is weaker now than 3 years ago when I was tier 12, because of the channeling/43 changes, and no focus 9s or other upgrades to replace them.

a bitch fest will soon happen when they nerf spires gear and keep turruj gear+ just the same.

The problem isn't about spires gear being to good or to bad but more about that content in general being to easy, outside of saitha and priest nothing in that zone is a challenge.

Last edited:
i don't think its about spires or basement loot being too good, it's the fact that harder content loot is not better/not much better. i mean seriously cella is literally a worse healer weapon than the spires 2 hander that drops off a mob i've literally 10 and 12 manned all boxing multiple times.

Back
Top Bottom