Spell Icons Mod

Hey All. Jontrann here, thought my first post should be something helpful. I noticed in this pack that the SK HP spells, soul shroud and cloak of the akheva are the same graphic as acumen. I can't tell you how many times i've clicked them off thinking they are acumen already. I looked through all the icons and I think that the icon for mage pet summons looks pretty good! "soul" shroud and all. its like a ghost looking thing with a blue star. and if not that one, the icon for psalm of the four would be nice too.

Let me know what you think!
Consider using a UI mod that has the names of the buffs there also? Though yeah, I guess that could be an issue.

My question, are we stuck with the existing icons, or can new ones be made for this? Because using the Acumen icon, re-colored red would be pretty sweet looking. Otherwise, the icon used for the druid bear pet (unsure if frog is same, my alt doesn't have it) could be a good choice also.

Consider using a UI mod that has the names of the buffs there also? Though yeah, I guess that could be an issue.

My question, are we stuck with the existing icons, or can new ones be made for this? Because using the Acumen icon, re-colored red would be pretty sweet looking. Otherwise, the icon used for the druid bear pet (unsure if frog is same, my alt doesn't have it) could be a good choice also.

Change as much around as you want. Just come to a conclusion where most people are happy. Think of it as crowd sourcing.

you "can" add new icons. i have made a few that i used for personal use for awhile. the problem with that comes in with that icon mods that use the normal amount of icons will have solid black icons for the spell assigned to slots that dont exsist in those sets. so ideally if everyone used the default eq icons then we could add as many icons as we wanted, each one could have its own icon. Realistically though that is not the case. That is exactly what slaar told me when i started this project about a year ago. now that i think about it. lol

also those bard changes inc and that spear will get corrected thanks guys.

Edit: new spell file will be up here in just a sec, icons changed were:

Relic: Melody of the Shield
Brusco's Belligerent Bellow
Spear of Pain
Vortex of Death
Soul Shroud
Cloak of the Akheva

Edit2: did some of the "grinkle's changes", i literally have a list of just grinkles input.. its pretty long... icon changes here were:

Boon of the Vulfwere
Guarding rune
Eternal Rapture
Dictate

Last edited:
wonder if the lack of post is lack of interest or lack of problems..... hope everyone who uses this is enjoying it.

Probably lack of problems or ignorance of existence. Really great job on the icons i know the little that i have played enchanter i have loved the icon changes for them. Only icon im not really keen on is the complete heal icons (atleast the druid one not sure about others) i keep thinking SSS and im not on a paladin idk why but thats where my brain goes. Maybe we could get some input for a better icon (or maybe i just need to make my brain realize that is a good icon)

just thought about it but why not use the shaman Health (stamina buffs) style icon as that is not used as the same icon for a lvl 65 raiding buff (maybe for a short time before relics but thats it)

there just isn't a lot of heart choices for how many types of heals there are. figured taking the bullet and using sss icon for heals would be an okay way to go. i already used the shaman icon for cleric/druid runic 1.

Perhaps we could also get a shout out about this thread in the server motd so more people come check it out. Think ill post a picture (the one i use while editing) of the icons the server has by default, so people can make suggestions for things they dont like.

Ah yea if the icon is already used on runic's then thats a definite one to not use on the complete heals (my GFs cleric doesnt have runic 1 yet so didnt know) SSS is definitely the better option in that case i guess. Would be cool if there was an icon that was like the hot icons but instead red to use for the complete heals but i cant think of one that is in place.

I started playing with these spell icons last week upon returning from an extended break. I am more than pleased with them - this, combined with a new computer that can actually handle playing with spell graphics has made it seem like a new game. Really enjoying my SoD experience lately!

Kudos, Tier. Excellent work!

Would it be possible to get this on the patcher similar to the graphic fix with a check box then those who want to use it can those who dont can just unmark it and use their custom ui/default icons?

No, patcher space is at a premium, and this does not really justify that.

But any custom UI would just interpret the new gems to whatever gems it uses. It would not actually replace the default ones into the custom UI.

Going to put this in in a week unless anyone else has concerns. Please keep talking about it, so I can be confident there has been a good sampling of opinion.

So does Teirilo/ Riule get some sort of fame reward for the work put in and continued effort. Seems like it's taken a very long time to get to this point.

Yeah we have been giving fame out for major PAD contributions. I think it is hard to argue that this does not qualify.

That being said, I do not want to rush making this live, since it really does affect nearly everyone in game.

Will he also be the one maintaining after this is part of the patcher or will that fall to someone else?
If we have more suggestions etc should we continue to post them here or do they now need to go to the staff instead?

If you have suggestions, now is the time to make them. I would likely be up to making a change or two after live, but for the most part I am hoping not to have gems tweaked after that.

Incorporating a spell file for new gems, as well as a spell file for new spells, is a good bit of work and just asking for someone to make a mistake and delete a spell out of everyone's book.

sugestions are good, i think ive only turned one down... and that was anvyl telling me to copy the invul songs icon to something else... i think pot4.... and i changed it to another suggestion instead... if i missed anyone suggestions please repost them... im no where close to perfect, so i miss things here and there...i usually make a check list of the posts in here.

Back
Top Bottom