Spell Icons Mod

You probably know about this already, but many people seem to be unaware that the viewport can be customized to mimic the boxed-in look of the original UI. The command is /viewport followed by some X and Y offset coordinates, I believe, but I don't dare mess with it myself for fear of accidentally shifting the entire field of view way offscreen and not knowing how to retrieve it! :eek:
I have used it for years, actually, bak to my days of playing live. I never liked my windows being in the way of seeing mobs or looting. Pretty hard to screw it up, though. It is the viewport command, followed by x offset, y offset, x size, and then y size. For example, /viewport 50 0 1200 800 will give you a 1200 by 800 window for view, offset from the left by 50, and starting right at the top. I found it best to work in small increments off a base like that, until you found the right sizing for you.

I have used it for years, actually, bak to my days of playing live. I never liked my windows being in the way of seeing mobs or looting. Pretty hard to screw it up, though. It is the viewport command, followed by x offset, y offset, x size, and then y size. For example, /viewport 50 0 1200 800 will give you a 1200 by 800 window for view, offset from the left by 50, and starting right at the top. I found it best to work in small increments off a base like that, until you found the right sizing for you.
Interesting. Is there a reset command for it, or do you need to put in 0 0 and your chosen resolution manually?

No reset I have ever seen for viewport, so you would have to change it back manually, if you wanted it. But.. once you get used to playing with it, you won't want it changed back. (Or at least, that has been my experience with it, and some others I have shown it to.)

Cant wait till this is back up and working. And hopefully a patcher option/default again so everytime they update something this doesnt end up broken :)

I would really like to see the icons fixed once again. I know you guys have a ton of other stuff to do buy yeah, the different icons really help QOL. Thanks.

if you want the old spells i've bundled them up here
if you use the default ui, just drop this with the folder into uifiles
it will be called OldSpells (keeping the default folder intact (thats a good thing))

if you have a custom ui, open the zip/rar and highlight all the files and select to extract them to a specific folder and then browse to your custom ui. backup your UI first, always good practice.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5bvnGfHeksObnJrM05KWllXRXc/view?usp=sharing

if you want the old spells i've bundled them up here
if you use the default ui, just drop this with the folder into uifiles
it will be called OldSpells (keeping the default folder intact (thats a good thing))

if you have a custom ui, open the zip/rar and highlight all the files and select to extract them to a specific folder and then browse to your custom ui. backup your UI first, always good practice.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5bvnGfHeksObnJrM05KWllXRXc/view?usp=sharing

Although I appreciate you trying to help, this is not what this thread is talking about.

The UI simply makes one Icon look like a different Icon.

What this thread is talking about it actually changing the icon ID for specific spells.

A lot of spells in the game has odd ID's due to spells changing over time. An easy example would be Rangers Runic 2. Currently it summons a bird pet however it has the Icon ID of a cold / frost nuke.

It also tried to reduce repetition that is found on many classes spell bars. Example: this made fast heal have a different Icon than big heal so every spell doesn't look the same when playing a healer.

Hopefully that makes things a bit more clear.

Last edited:
I think it got never transported over, but we (I) would love you long time if you updated it.

Back
Top Bottom