Spell Icons Mod

ill change all the bard icons to that just for you anvyl, we can call it anvyl's special bard icons.

I just wanted to say that i've been using these icons for quite a while now and I absolutely love them! I did want to point out that the icons for the blessing/shield of the giantkin/dragonkin is still the old version that looks like high priest's bulwark. For consistancy it would be nice to see them match the combine clicky icons. Can't wait to see these implemented into patcher... it saddens me to log in after a spell patch and not have my icons Dx

Nope..... i still keep it up to date tho. its current to the lastest version the server uses... assuming it didnt change last night, in which case ill update it here shortly

I played a mage the other day and liked the two different spell icons for the different rods.

It's great that every spell icon isn't a cold dd as a ranger.

This mod is quite awesome and should just be made default.

I played a mage the other day and liked the two different spell icons for the different rods.

It's great that every spell icon isn't a cold dd as a ranger.

This mod is quite awesome and should just be made default.

<3

i can retire now. i have earned praise from kedrin.

updated.... had to go through the entire thing to find two "-" that were added.....

Last edited:
For some reason I have gotten a lot of push back on changing these since my last post.

How many icons exactly have been changed in this? Has a list been kept?

updated.... had to go through the entire thing to find two fucking "-" that were added.....
Thanks again tierilo this is freaking amazing to have not having a spell bar full of red hearts and 3 blue hearts is really nice, as well as being able to clearly tell spells when i log on and box someones enchanter/bst/ranger and not every single icon looks the same.

For some reason I have gotten a lot of push back on changing these since my last post.

How many icons exactly have been changed in this? Has a list been kept?

still same exact spells since i first start this thread.

i could add the changed to and from icon numbers i guess but that pretty time consuming by hand for each one.
I update them pretty quickly when i can for the people that use them, only have a handful of devoted followers so far. but i do put those changes into my spell file using winmerge to compare differences.

the spell_us file in the above link is now updated.

also here is a change list of the names of ever spell icon i changed.
Scourge
Panic the Dead
Sicken
Inspire Fear
Invoke Fear
Companion Spirit
Guardian Spirit
Frenzied Spirit
Vampiric Spirit
Spook the Dead
Vexing Spirit
Tainted Breath
Disease Cloud
Poison Bolt
Dark Empathy
Vampiric Embrace
Infectious Cloud
Heart Flutter
Envenomed Breath
Venom of the Snake
Envenomed Bolt
Thunder Strike
Affliction
Rage of the Wild
Wail of Fright
Vigilant Spirit
Pact of Shadow
Force Bolt
Force Rend
Void Shock
Word of Fulfillment
Archaic: Claws of the Chill
Vex
Complete Recovery
Relic: Spirit of Kaezul
Spirit of Kaezul Recourse
Relic: Sihala's Empathy
Relic: Essence of the Wild
Relic: Lure of the Void
Relic: Melody of the Shield
Word of Completion
Chloroblast
Circle of Completion
Gangrenous Touch of Zum`uul
Chilling Embrace
Corpal Empathy
Form of the Great Bear
Celestial Healing
Shroud of Death
Control
Modulating Rod
Asystole
Shadow Compact
Remedy
Trepidation
Dread of Night
Spirit of the Howler
Bane of Althuna
Pox of Gradalsh
Mala
Jinx
Nejax's Striking Curse
Nejax's Dampening Curse
Nejax's Rending Curse
Relic: Scourge of Life
Sublimate Soul Recourse
Song of the Murk
Nejax's Unmaking Curse
Summon Seeking Arrows
Summon Heartseeker Arrows
Summon Blade of Power
Summon Spear of Power
Wraithbond
Ethereal Remedy
Relic: Althuna's Remedy
Talisman of the Beast
Form of the Bear
NPC Complete Healing
Garrisons Mighty Mana Shock
Cloak of the Akheva
Venom of the Wild
Leaching Spirit
Shadowbond Recourse
Bond of Night
Chloroshock
Emotion: Fear
Caress of Sivyana
Scitterpox
Somatic Bond
Impact of Thunder
Tears of the Void
Inner Spirit
Black Plague
Plaguewind
Shroud of the Leech
Shroud of the Lich
Spear of Agony
Spear of Disease
Spear of Plague
Blissful Remedy
Plague Effect
Deadly Spirit
Lesser Rangefinder
Rangefinder
Greater Rangefinder
Runic: Cascading Vim
Runic: Sphere of Eternity
Runic: Spear of Woe
Runic: Spiritual Attuning
Glacial Strike
Brusco`s Belligerent Bellow
Runic: Elemental Fusion
Channel Essence
Bitter Cold
Elemental Barrage
Abstraction of Flame
Soul Shroud
Runic: Celestial Well
Gruplok Attuning Rod
Runic: Bird of Prey
Runic: Denon's Dissonant Duet
Form of the River Keeper
Fury of the Swamp
Heretic's Fork
The Rack
Iron Maiden
Brazen Bull
Summon Spectral Silks
Spirit of Soothing
Bitter Cold Recourse

I haven't heard any negative feed back on these other then "a certain bard" yelling at me to change mots to the same icon and bard invulnerable, or eisley saying glacial strike being a snowflake/skeleton instead of a snowflake/wolf, still open to changing things that make sense tho.

still same exact spells since i first start this thread.

i could add the changed to and from icon numbers i guess but that pretty time consuming by hand for each one.

I haven't heard any negative feed back on these other then "a certain bard" yelling at me to change mots to the same icon and bard invulnerable, or eisley saying glacial strike being a snowflake/skeleton instead of a snowflake/wolf, still open to changing things that make sense tho.
Just my thoughts, but it is pretty tough to get any changes implement across and facet of IT without a change log. My suggestion is that you create, and then maintain, a change log (maintaining it is super easy) so everyone else can enjoy your work ;)

the only thing my changelog would include is "updated to live version of spell file" and then the date....
or the changes that devs are making which they may not want me broadcasting after i yelled in ooc about certain spells recently added.... although it did drum up tons of interest in that new zone...

The only problem i see with this spell icon is that people are used to everything look how it does on their spell bar now, and I'm sure Woldaff is more worried about the shell shock that some players will experience with a change of this nature. I really tried to change as few icons as I could, to keep this effect to a minimum, but classes like the necromancer are almost completely different.

Honestly the only thing making this change live will do is relieve the stress of the players who use the icons from having to re-download these icons after I have to go back through and update the file. But i do believe its is a positive visual change to the game, that people should be able to enjoy.

Last edited:
updated, on a completely unrelated note. Whats temple gate?
I see it as pointing to Ferubi. I have no clue if this is a holdover from Live or something yet to be implemented in SoD. Ferubi on Live housed the Taelosians, and I believe the same models may have been planned to be used for the Razad deep within Ikisith. Therefore, the spell may be intended for the second phase of Ikisith. This is speculation though. I'm probably wrong about everything! :p

OK, after hemming and hawing about "do we replace peoples' icons," I think we agreed the best thing is to give folks the option in the patcher if they want it.

SO, when I get a bit of time, I will make an "Advanced" option in the patcher for folks who want to change their video fix or icon settings. The other concern we had is making the patcher too busy or complicated; this sort of reduces that. If you want the new icons, great, hit Advanced, check the box, you're off and going.

I will try to get this done sooner rather than later, lest I forget.

Back
Top Bottom