Remembering those we lost in the Purge of '09

But did you actively use MQ on those accounts. There were no collateral bannings, only the accounts you used MQ on got banned.

I didnt use MQ period...no matter what people want to believe.

I play at work 99% of the time, and I couldnt run it if I wanted to, (anyone that knows me knows my connection issues and zone times due to my work bliocking my access).

Just find it ironic that since I did have access to multiple toons only mine got the boot.

I didnt use MQ period...no matter what people want to believe.

I play at work 99% of the time, and I couldnt run it if I wanted to, (anyone that knows me knows my connection issues and zone times due to my work bliocking my access).

Just find it ironic that since I did have access to multiple toons only mine got the boot.

Your banning was about as shocking as Myrah's... you will find little pity here.

What else does Felyn have to bank on though? He knows jack crap about computers and the opposing party is seemingly certain that they are correct. So how exactly is he going to prove his innocence?

Its honestly up to the staff to decide really.

Either way I for one will not forget the player Felyn was. I played with the guy for years and know he was not only a clean player but was an amazingly solid player that poured hours into the game to max out his toons. No code will change my mind in that and I am sure that rings true for most anyone else that actually KNEW him.

this

also, i fucking laughed when sabota got banned

i dont understand the whole point of letting people appeal when you're not even going to take anything into consideration. at least this is what im seeing...but i could be wrong.
i would just like to know what exactly would get someone unbanned when apparently the 100% accurate test pointed them all out as MQ users.

just seems like false hope to me.

also, there has been several times where ive unexpectedly warped in zones.

this whole staff attacking players / players attacking staff is stupid.

grow up.

i dont understand the whole point of letting people appeal when you're not even going to take anything into consideration. at least this is what im seeing...but i could be wrong.
i would just like to know what exactly would get someone unbanned when apparently the 100% accurate test pointed them all out as MQ users.

also, there has been several times where ive unexpectedly warped in zones.

this whole staff attacking players / players attacking staff is stupid.

grow up.

idk probably pinpointing something else that would've triggered their program

idk probably pinpointing something else that would've triggered their program

I don't know if the reaction Wold triggered was exclusive to Macroquest, but it's pretty hard prove otherwise. Even if the packets did react to other programs the same way they do to MQ (which is possible I guess), you still can't dismiss the possibility that someone was running MQ if it reacted at all.

Yea I'm not commenting on how hard it would be to prove otherwise--I have no idea one way or the other. Just speculating on what they'd accept as an explanation.

Even if the packets did react to other programs the same way they do to MQ (which is possible I guess), you still can't dismiss the possibility that someone was running MQ if it reacted at all.

if that were the case, then the program shouldnt be used at all.

and "hitting a couple good ones helps weed out all the bad ones" isnt the best way to keep a server going.

Last edited:
if that were the case, then the program shouldnt be used at all.

and "hitting a couple good ones helps weed out all the bad ones" isnt the best way to keep a server going.

I concur. Which is why I don't think anyone will be pardoned.

We found a specific flaw in a specific piece of software that causes a specific response that we can specifically check for. But, ogod there's that 0.0000000001% chance that it was some TOTALLY unrelated piece of software that JUST HAPPEND TO BE INSTALLED on a computer that was PLAYING SOD.

Really?

Ya really.

Just to join in: Didn't spend much time around Felyn but when I did talk to him or do business with him he was a stand up guy. If he was ONLY using MQ on Nodnal (i don't know any details, so im just going with some of what others have said) I could only assume it was in Athica to get targets from the list (theres like a track list? I've never felt the need to hack Live or SoD) instead of finding them on screen normally just for selling purposes.

@Maelin. STFU. Yeah, you hacked, knew it a long time ago. Same with Freygh. I had suspicions with Sabo when he would randomly track something just to find that when we get there, its not really there. And there is another that has openly admitted to using it before (and regularly), and miraculously wasn't caught by the code.

If there are flaws with the coding, its that it needs more detection ways, because pretty much everyone will tell you it caught a LOT of people, but some still squiggled through. Without a doubt.

I would say this sucks for Twilight, but really whats a drop in the bucket? They'll move on, minus one wonder bard and far less baggage. Its almost a positive for them!

I think having an appeals process is always a good idea. I think the upfront warning that a variety of "excuses" will not be met with favor will keep the number of appeals to a lower number. I hope so, for staff's sake. The thing is, that if someone was actually innocent, there needs to be someone to at least listen and give their appeal some due consideration. For example, I remember Woldo doing at least one typo that night (and correcting it a few minutes later. He is human, right? So, there is always a possibility of a minor error in someone's banning. I appreciate that they are gonna listen to anyone claiming innocence.

I will say that there was some toon banned whose name was something like Mivog. For a split second it looked like my miner Mivof and I was thinking "Oh shit." A second read gave me great relief.

We found a specific flaw in a specific piece of software that causes a specific response that we can specifically check for. But, ogod there's that 0.0000000001% chance that it was some TOTALLY unrelated piece of software that JUST HAPPEND TO BE INSTALLED on a computer that was PLAYING SOD.

Really?

But I literally don't understand how computers work let me argue a ton

I wish I had a ukelele, but im a ranger :(

But wait, will MQ let me equip one? I mean come on its not cheating... its just a ukelele.

right?

Not one person has yet to be able to prove they were not cheating, and so far everyone that has tried to appeal has admitted to having MQ running on their computer but "never used it to cheat" ... riiiight.

may as well lie since admitting to cheating isnt going to help they're case anyway.

edit: 'they're'? god. i havent slept in 30 hours. i've lost too many brain cells.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom