Remembering those we lost in the Purge of '09

The appeals we are taking consist of people believing that others were on their characters - which technically is illegal itself regardless.

Allie is sorting through the 20+ appeals. We already have thrown out a good few. I would easily bet the farm that every single character I banned had macroquest running on it. The only false positive would come from another third party program (not eqpn) that runs in *********s client memory. The real reason we are taking appeals is to limit human mistake - IE we banned a toon being played by someone else. 99/100 we can see this via IP but there are one or two that may be hard to determine.

Either way someone will be gone from each instance of MQ or other third party program. Felyn has some of the most damning evidence against him linking him to being on at the time of his MQ usage. No one else out of anyone banned and linked to playing at the time has outright said they did not use it. We have gotten a ton of "My brother, sister, son etc" did or "I only used it once for X" and a thousand different variations and have also gotten a ton of "Listen X had my toon and had been using it for Y and obviously cheated can I have leniency". On the whole the ones we can pin point have on the whole overwhelmingly acquiesced to admitting using it.

That being said if you think you have a case we are welcoming appeals. Allie is going through them in the oder they are recieved and it might take a while for you to get your response. Regardless your character (even if it was not you playing) broke the rules - which pretty much dispels the legitimacy of any shouts of unfairness in how long the appeal process is taking.

Well, if the original offense was against Nodnal, why would that be a reasonable conclusion?

I'm willing to bet the timing coincides with his work hours, which would also lead me to believe its something on the pc there giving a false pos, maybe some kind of monitoring software, though I'm assuming reasonable precautions were taken against that kind of thing, just kinda basic protocol on a work computer.

I'm willing to bet the timing coincides with his work hours, which would also lead me to believe its something on the pc there giving a false pos, maybe some kind of monitoring software, though I'm assuming reasonable precautions were taken against that kind of thing, just kinda basic protocol on a work computer.

That's speculation. It's also pretty extremely hard to prove such obscure speculation.

That's speculation. It's also pretty extremely hard to prove such obscure speculation.

What else does Felyn have to bank on though? He knows jack crap about computers and the opposing party is seemingly certain that they are correct. So how exactly is he going to prove his innocence?

Its honestly up to the staff to decide really.

Either way I for one will not forget the player Felyn was. I played with the guy for years and know he was not only a clean player but was an amazingly solid player that poured hours into the game to max out his toons. No code will change my mind in that and I am sure that rings true for most anyone else that actually KNEW him.

What else does Felyn have to bank on though? He knows jack crap about computers and the opposing party is seemingly certain that they are correct. So how exactly is he going to prove his innocence?

My point is he can't. The only thing he has to support his innocence is a lot of anecdotal gibberish, which could be used to condemn him as well. It's obvious that you give him benefit of the doubt, but why should the rest of the staff? Especially when they claim to have damning evidence against him...

I don't know if he's guilty or innocent, and I honestly don't care. But I can see how the verdict would not be returned in his favor.

Edit: Also, you'll never really "know" anyone; people are capable of anything.

Last edited:
The appeals we are taking consist of people believing that others were on their characters - which technically is illegal itself regardless.

Allie is sorting through the 20+ appeals. We already have thrown out a good few. I would easily bet the farm that every single character I banned had macroquest running on it. The only false positive would come from another third party program (not eqpn) that runs in *********s client memory. The real reason we are taking appeals is to limit human mistake - IE we banned a toon being played by someone else. 99/100 we can see this via IP but there are one or two that may be hard to determine.

Either way someone will be gone from each instance of MQ or other third party program. Felyn has some of the most damning evidence against him linking him to being on at the time of his MQ usage. No one else out of anyone banned and linked to playing at the time has outright said they did not use it. We have gotten a ton of "My brother, sister, son etc" did or "I only used it once for X" and a thousand different variations and have also gotten a ton of "Listen X had my toon and had been using it for Y and obviously cheated can I have leniency". On the whole the ones we can pin point have on the whole overwhelmingly acquiesced to admitting using it.

That being said if you think you have a case we are welcoming appeals. Allie is going through them in the oder they are recieved and it might take a while for you to get your response. Regardless your character (even if it was not you playing) broke the rules - which pretty much dispels the legitimacy of any shouts of unfairness in how long the appeal process is taking.

So your saying toons played by people using MQ are banned regardless of wether or not the original owner was playing at the time of the infraction.

don't trust a motherfuckin soul

Fixed for accuracy. Anyone is capable of anything regardless of whether you know them or not. It's what makes life interesting. Unfortunately they're also extremely predictable once you know enough about them, and tend to give away alot of accidental information through their behavior, whether they want to or not. Which makes it much less so.

So your saying toons played by people using MQ are banned regardless of wether or not the original owner was playing at the time of the infraction.

Pretty much. If a character received benefits from cheating, the character was banned regardless of who the owner is/was. This seems reasonable.

Apparently I got a response to this through neg rep (lol), which I'll address here:

Rep said:
except that none of this determined that character cheated. One can just as easily run it on one character to determine targets, then run their own character over to kill things and get phats.

Wait what? Most of the characters banned DID benefit from cheating in one way or another. Whether or not the person who originally created the character was responsible for said cheating is irrelevant. The latter part of this is just plain stupid; you're linked to an IP, and so are the characters you use -- if one gets caught, they all get caught.

Last edited:
Edit: Also, you'll never really "know" anyone; people are capable of anything.

this.
don't trust a motherfuckin soul over the internet

Ohh I know, I am not that foolish.

I was merely stating the fact that from when I played with him that I never saw any signs of MQ. And yes I know the functionality. Many people in my guild from EQ live heavily abused it in the past, and over time it becomes quite obvious.

Also, I was TRYING to be sentimental okay... Gosh

Last edited:
Pretty much. If a character received benefits from cheating, the character was banned regardless of who the owner is/was. This seems reasonable.

Apparently I got a response to this through neg rep (lol), which I'll address here:

Wait what? Most of the characters banned DID benefit from cheating in one way or another. Whether or not the person who originally created the character was responsible for said cheating is irrelevant. The latter part of this is just plain stupid; you're linked to an IP, and so are the characters you use -- if one gets caught, they all get caught.

Really dont know if this was the case. I was allegedly banned for using this program, had access and used at least 3 different staff toons during this period among others. None of them got banned just my toons.

Still awaiting appeal, regardless of outcome id never log in again (if i go out I want I dont want to be labled a hacker) , not like anyone cares. Still, I think people are delusional if they think they "caught" everyone..as I know for 100% fact of 7 people that arent banned, that used it just listening to them over the years in vent.

But did you actively use MQ on those accounts. There were no collateral bannings, only the accounts you used MQ on got banned.

Really dont know if this was the case. I was allegedly banned for using this program, had access and used at least 3 different staff toons during this period among others. None of them got banned just my toons.

From what I read it's based on whether or not you were actually using it WHILE playing these characters. If they banned every character that cheaters had access to, it'd be well over 4.8% of the population banned.

Still awaiting appeal, regardless of outcome id never log in again (if i go out I want I dont want to be labled a hacker) , not like anyone cares. Still, I think people are delusional if they think they "caught" everyone..as I know for 100% fact of 7 people that arent banned, that used it just listening to them over the years in vent.

Maybe they got lucky. I'm sure they'll get banned at some point.

Back
Top Bottom