Ranger Auto shoot

Yeah thats my biggest problem! Maybe i could petition for evade to to take me off ramp... Geez Gunder. I figured with the new agro changes you could keep ramp off me but it just dont work that way?!

It's not an "ability" as far as the client is concerned, which is why it doesnt function that way currently.

As the client resists change in most forms, i would say its probably impossible to change that.

Is /doability for ranged attacks impossible to add to the game?

Yes. It's impossible to modify the client.

I really wish the auto-ranged thing would be added to Wiz's list of stupid things that will never happen.

What about a stance that auto-bows at like 10%-15% less damage or something. Basically giving you the ability to auto bow, with small stamina use, but suffer a penalty and not able to use other stances along with the feature, at a slight sacrifice to some of your stamina over time.

I like having to push the button ... no, really! It keeps me engaged and focused on the task/raid at hand.

As far as ruining keyboards, try PUSHING the button when it pops and not continually SMASHING the button. I've heard it said that percussive maintenance doesn't work :haw:

Asking for autoshoot is like a rogue asking for autobackstab. If you don't wanna hit the button play something else.

Aluadonn Trucidat

No, it is not –
Asking for auto fire is like asking for auto attack. Ranged and melee are both base attacking. There is nothing special about either of them. Auto is auto

Now, asking for auto on special attacks likes backstab, kick, bash ect is something not associated with base attacking.

put in auto fire already as it is long overdue

bump a month old thread wooo. Ranged atk for rangers pretty much is a special attack kinda like backstab. They cant produce as much dps without hitting the button over and over as for rogues with backstab.

Rogues can setup a hotkey that allows for multiple backstabs. It would be nice if this was possible for ranged attacks, but it is not.

yeah the multiples can be done but you can only get like 2 or 3 at the most in a hotkey its still not auto BS Rangers with haste and a fast bow shoot faster than rogues BS refreshes. 3 Shots per button press still wouldnt be helping them out that much would it? Not sure on that one cause i havent ever played a ranger with a fast bow.

Three shots would allow you to reply to people's tells or to do more on your second box. There is no command for a ranged attack as it is not a special ability.

No, it is not –
Asking for auto fire is like asking for auto attack. Ranged and melee are both base attacking. There is nothing special about either of them. Auto is auto

Now, asking for auto on special attacks likes backstab, kick, bash ect is something not associated with base attacking.

put in auto fire already as it is long overdue

I don't think staff will put that back in as it was orig. done. Everyone and their brother would just have ranger dps bots like on live (omg that would suck). I find the thought of multiple shots per button press interesting though. It isn't full auto...and it would save some keyboards! And yes.....it would give time to alt tab and do something else without losing the intended DPS. Makes boxing a ranger viable.

I'm curious about this how was it in Live ? I had a ranger but all he did was dying stupidly just travelling. I know it doesnt have anything to do with Live but I wonder why seome people seem to think it's worth now.

Personally I already stated that I'd like to see the bow as a real 2H weapon, meaning you gotta give up on melee weaps and equip it in primary - would also make the Range Slot completely psyduck but w/e. Hence people could have the choice between 2H bowing auto with meleeattack button (would be nerfed to hell to be in line with what a melee 2H provides I suppose) or the range slot manual fireing that would keep stats of normal weapons, and keep their l33t damage like they do atm.

I'm curious about this how was it in Live ? I had a ranger but all he did was dying stupidly just travelling. I know it doesnt have anything to do with Live but I wonder why seome people seem to think it's worth now.

Personally I already stated that I'd like to see the bow as a real 2H weapon, meaning you gotta give up on melee weaps and equip it in primary - would also make the Range Slot completely psyduck but w/e. Hence people could have the choice between 2H bowing auto with meleeattack button (would be nerfed to hell to be in line with what a melee 2H provides I suppose) or the range slot manual fireing that would keep stats of normal weapons, and keep their l33t damage like they do atm.

This change seems very unnecessary and would totally change weapon balancing for just one class. Being able to switch to melee and ranged is nice when you need to offtank something as a ranger or if you are done offtanking and back up to start bowing. Also, other classes can throw items and still use melee weapons, so I don't really think that rangers should give up that utility just for the ability to "auto fire". Honestly, I am good either way, but I really don't think using auto fire as a ranger would give them much of an advantage. It doesn't bother me much because I use Vent, but for those poor saps who have to type and bow...I feel sorry for you.

one potential implementation could be an auto shot stance. This would not give the benefit of other stances but would be convenient if needed. Would have a very small energy drain.

one potential implementation could be an auto shot stance. This would not give the benefit of other stances but would be convenient if needed. Would have a very small energy drain.

This would be terrible due to not using avengers stance. Its like what the fuck is the point if your going to do shitty bow damage may as well just melee.

Those could be tweaked a bit. Basically the staff doesn't want doing max dps without pressing a button 500 times a fight. This is an alternative to make it possible but not as good.

Hell I would love to see full auto shot, but its never gonna happen at the max dps unless the devs greatly shift their mindset.

The only way you would get autoshoot, and they can add it in, as it was in live by god I believe. The main thing is that currently rangers are really close dps and surpass rogues who are supposed to be the top melee dps while still avoiding ae. They would have to nerf rangers bow damage to below monks to have it viable to be in game and not be overpowered.

Back
Top Bottom