Ranger Auto shoot

koopo

Dalayan Beginner
I know many people may have asked this before, but I would like for you to review, and possibly even consider putting this simple thing in. In my opinion rangers were meant to deal in ranged combat, hence their name. Yet, as it stands now a fair amount of the played rangers would rather deal in close up combat, then to have to repeatedly press the ranged attack button.
I know this may seem like a large request, and it could really change the whole atmosphere of the ranger as we know it in SoD.
Anyway, as stated before, please just consider this request of implementing ranged auto fire, even if it were to be as an AA for rangers, or other specific classes.

Thank you.

This would only increase the number of botted rangers. Currently having a single boxed ranger is usefull then it wouldnt be.

If auto shoot was introduced then so would the macro tests to determine if people were actively playing and not just afk-rangering.

Asking for autoshoot is like a rogue asking for autobackstab. If you don't wanna hit the button play something else.

Aluadonn Trucidat

I'm on the fence on this ... however, I have gone through 1.5 keyboards (current one is starting to go) because of archery, and that's even with me changing the hotkey around so I don't destroy any specific keys. Unlike the rogues with backstab, or a caster who has to potentially control his aggro, I always found myself as a key masher (hence destroying the keyboard) with the ranger because I was trying to get in the maximum amount of DPS with a bow as possible. But if no auto shooting system can come in with a balance, then give me something like a gnomish rocket launcher with a 250 delay and 150 damage so I can only click my ranged attack once every minute or so, then no more key mashing! And who wouldn't want a gnomish rocket launcher anyway.

I staunchly support the idea of giving auto-range and auto-backstab abilities to quadraplegics.

However, if you have the use of your hands and you're going to cry about having to repeatedly press the range attack button, then you don't need auto-fire. I've completed 5 codexes of power, and I'm only about 50aa's from max at the moment, and I soloed almost all of it.

Yes, I was kiting it. This means not only was I repeatedly pressing the range attack, but I was also pushing buttons to run at the same time, and alternating between left click mouse to snare or nuke and holding down the right mouse button so I could mouse-look.

You have no sympathy from me (Except Xar, sorry to hear about your keyboards dude, but the keyboard I'm using right now is 3 years old and the 5 and % aren't even starting to wear off of my range attack key yet). IF you don't want to auto-range, then play a monk and say "flying kick doesn't do any damage."

As for a ranger meleeing instead of ranging, there's a few valid reasons for this:

- They're very dumb and/or lazy.
- They don't have arrows.
- They don't have archery AA's, without which you might as well melee.
- Their hands hurt from kiting 5 tomes.
- The ranger is being boxed.
- The ranger wants to make fun of the tank and steal aggro then say "Y U NOT TAUNTING?!?"
- The ranger wants to tank.
- The ranger is ninja afking on you constantly or validly afk and doesn't want you to realize it or wants to keep doing something while they are afk silking up their skin with a bottle of lotion.

This crybaby type deal is absolutely ridiculous, it isn't that hard to press a button. My brother (who plays a paladin) boxes my toon on his guild's raids and manages to tank AND range attack on the ranger AT THE SAME TIME.

There are no classes in this game that do not require you to repeatedly push buttons. However, you do not have to spam the key. Learn to wait for it to pop instead of bashing your fingers/keyboard into oblivion. If you want to get here on and go all diva-ranger on pressing a key, then please leaving the rangering to the professionals.

You have no sympathy from me (Except Xar, sorry to hear about your keyboards dude, but the keyboard I'm using right now is 3 years old and the 5 and % aren't even starting to wear off of my range attack key yet).

Laptop keyboard ... not as durable.

Not to get off topic here, but I picked this keyboard because of durability...it has to survive repetitive smashing (both against and with heavy objects) and survive spills. I lost too many keyboards from my kids going crazy with tea, soda, and a hammer.

It is pretty easy to get the timing down on spell recasts and ranged attack reuse. Just hit it exactly when it pops up instead of mashing. It is a pain in the ass but I have botted Drello and Felyn at the same time, and believe you me, that is a lot of key pushing.

But auto backstab is already doable?

Tell me how please. Then i can go afk and nobody will ever notice! Also let me know how to auto evade then ill just let my client play for me... Wheres the fun in that?

Tell me how please. Then i can go afk and nobody will ever notice! Also let me know how to auto evade then ill just let my client play for me... Wheres the fun in that?
/pause, /doabil 1
/pause 50,/doabil 1
/attack off
/doabil 2

Enjoy your masterful rogue automations.

Evading isnt even necessary if your a smart rogue.

I really don't see the issue with rangers being able to autofire, you don't ask warriors to mash melee attack

/pause, /doabil 1
/pause 50,/doabil 1
/attack off
/doabil 2

I really don't see the issue with rangers being able to autofire, you don't ask warriors to mash melee attack

hitting that social macro every 20 seconds instead of backstab every 10 is not exactly "auto backstab".

But basically no autofire comes down to this - If you want to squeeze out every bit of dps from your ranger, you range fire. If you want to be lazy and box it, you autoattack. You arent going to be able to be lazy AND squeeze every bit of dps out of a ranger.

hitting that social macro every 20 seconds instead of backstab every 10 is not exactly "auto backstab".

But basically no autofire comes down to this - If you want to squeeze out every bit of dps from your ranger, you range fire. If you want to be lazy and box it, you autoattack. You arent going to be able to be lazy AND squeeze every bit of dps out of a ranger.

I was mainly pointing out rogues having the option to not alt tab every 4/6 seconds , whereas rangers do not have this ability at all.

/pause, /doabil 1
/pause 50,/doabil 1
/attack off
/doabil 2

Also on this. With auto shoot wouldnt it shoot every time the reuse was up? with this macro you explained here. It wouldnt exactly hit it as soon as it repopped. Unless you sat and tested this forever and got the time down to the second you would be forfeiting DPS with the delay it takes for the second /doabil to go off. And Ikaa beat me to the not being auto backstab already :(

You can't control whether or not you land a 5k backstab. Also, it's not really being a "smart" rogue, it is the nature of your tank.

I'd be happy if someone could just tell him how to not get on Rampage every single mob.

Man you can feel free to send me a tell ingame, no rogue has to evade ever to avoid pulling aggro. The delay on that is probably wrong.

Yes autobackstab is the wrong term , again its alot better then alt tabbing every 4 seconds to push range attack, or every 5 and then 2 to evade.

Dps being lost? LOL assuming you have the right timer, you lose no dps as your still backstabbing the same amount.

Also QFT , rampage target mechanics are completely wack

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom