Planar Gemstones: bugs and feedback thread

the only persons feelings who should be hurt is fuwoks since i was actually a prick to him calling his mob dogshit content. why all of you weirdos are personally offended is beyond my understanding.

You're assuming a lot with that statement and weak insult. Maybe you should be thankful we're all still adding our input. That's what you wanted, right?

Sorry that you no longer get t16 loot off a t12-t13 encounter anymore? As funny as it is/was to have items like "one handed spike but you can actually melee with it" and "the tank/healer fuckstick that outdps'd two handers so you could bash with it too" and "the eos comparable two hander", it's bad for balance in the long run. Why push yourself to do harder content or fight for it when you can wait for more mudflation or free pets doing 2k dps that you barely have to managed? These are good changes. They mean we get better balanced items and ripping off the bandaid early is good. Nobody liked logging in to verdict being a shadow of what it once was.

If you want instances, sure fine I'm also okay with that.

Increasing the color wheel penalty / improving the way color wheel works.
didn't notice anything
Rhaddum will remove all his debuffs during the absolution to make room for whatever absolution request he makes.
shitty fix just encourages us not to debuff the monster anymore.
charmed imps have less hp and do less dps.
we never even attempted to charm an imp before

the fight felt the same outside of not being able to afk in the raid anymore, instead now you afk outside of the raid and accept the raid invite at 20%, lol!

The dispell thing just penalizes dot classes if its taking those away, which is unfortunate since they're already bullied by imp mode.

Rhaddum triple devastating blow was adjusted.
Tornado Alley is subject to ongoing rebalancing for interactivity and damage. Revision will take place in a future rolling restart or patch.

I get why you added the dispel to the monster in order for lower level debuffs to be able to take hold, but it basically made necromancers unusable on this fight. Getting your 700-900 mana dots debuffed every 30s or whatever it is just makes it not even worth bringing a necromancers. It would be nice if it would just not select debuffs and would only ask you to cast dots/dds to free your imp smitten friends.

I've been working for a while on the new version of Tornado Alley and I figured I'd keep you guys in the loop.
  • Some unreported bugs that are not meaningful to the cool part of weapon functionality were fixed.
  • Spawns the same number of tornadoes as before (3-5). On consecutive procs, more tornadoes up = more individual tornado nuke damage.
  • Damage from tornadoes scales with mob/friendly distance from the closest tornado that is within hit range of the mob/friendly.
  • Tornado damage radius decreased, and tornado distribution radius increased. The intent is to move the mobs to be closer to a tornado for a more active role in dealing the damage.
  • First wave of damage slightly delayed (3 seconds vs formerly 0.5 seconds) to give time to react and reposition mobs.
  • Tornadoes deal damage from a pool of total damage. Each hit, including hits on friendly characters from the red tornado, deducts from that pool. This is to encourage not being hit by the red tornadoes. Red tornado damage to friendlies is increased. Red tornado damage radius is reduced. Red tornadoes "bill" the damage pool at 1/3 of the damage dealt if the hit is to a friendly. Consecutive procs replenish the damage pool in accordance with the total number of tornadoes standing. More tornadoes = larger potential damage pool.
  • Damage is still limited to 6 hostile targets and unlimited friendlies, tornadoes will not multi-hit the same target if there are less than 6 targets (unchanged from original design)

Properly positioning mobs in the maximum strength tornado storm will yield quite a bit more damage than just afk autoattack with this weapon.

Last edited:
I'm working on fixing the hamfisted implementation of that re: dot classes and also a few other things. I'll make a longer form post with more details when I complete that.
This is temporarily removed while I work on it.

The problem with absolution calling for some spell that has already been cast (and thus cannot be overwritten properly by a lower level version) shall be mitigated by Rhaddum no longer requesting absolution spells that involve ANY of the following:
Poison Counters
Disease Counters
ATK
AC
Stats (STR/DEX/AGI/Cha/Int/Wis etc)
blindness
spell resists (all)

In addition, the spell chosen must do damage (was already a requirement).

This change is effective immediately. Please report bugs related to this change because there may be unintended consequences.

whenever we would get a low lvl debuff that wouldn't land because cripple was already on there was very little punishment since a 2nd person/spell gets called so quickly after.

now that our spells will more reliably work on the first attempt, i suggest for absolution that it doesn't pick a second person as quickly if the first person fails.

this mechanic is mostly ignoreable thanks to gina.

whenever we would get a low lvl debuff that wouldn't land because cripple was already on there was very little punishment since a 2nd person/spell gets called so quickly after.

now that our spells will more reliably work on the first attempt, i suggest for absolution that it doesn't pick a second person as quickly if the first person fails.

this mechanic is mostly ignoreable thanks to gina.
I think the person called, If they don’t cast the spell in (spell casting time + 1-2 seconds), they just die. This gives a little time to duck and/or move to your goop.

We need to get tanks and monks in on the absolution business. Empowered kicks. Improved harm touches. Binding wounds on wizards.

it asked a beastlord and a cleric to cast druid roots ????????

sorry im always an asshole fuwok but needing loot from these is depressing.

Last edited:
This is complicated and should have been left alone once it was in working condition. I may have fixed the bug but if you want to be extra safe wait until I am around and I will reimburse the one that bugged out last night, and watch it play through.

I may be around tonight, otherwise I'll be available again Monday night.

it asked a beastlord and a cleric to cast druid roots ????????

sorry im always an asshole fuwok but needing loot from these is depressing.
Ok. I tested the mechanic this morning with some players and it seems like it is working now. I cautiously say try it with a raid and keep fingers crossed.

Spells that include root are now excluded. It shouldn't ask to cast other people's spells any longer either. The failure timer should work correctly now as well - there will be a penalty for failing to cast the absolution spell before the deadline, and it should no longer switch absolution spells in mid-stream (hopefully).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom