Planar Gemstones: bugs and feedback thread

Rhaddum, defender of the cache will no longer get walled in the chandelier in PoFrost here, near x -572, y -300, z 126:

1652836171761.png

Some bugfixes regarding aggro and the freedom mechanic.

can you pls just delete these things and all the loot ppl have gotten, no?

okay see you at the next raid where we sit and do the same fight 15 times so every priest in the game can get a 1hander,and every tank can get the same 1hander, and every person on the stupid tornado dagger can have a siiick aoe option. essentially every item needs nerfed or the fight needs buffed to actually be t14, as it stands i might as well be fighting custo and getting 3 tiers higher of loot.

these gemstones make me sad and have furthered destroyed my confidence in the game and its future
I think planar maps are great, especially for people who can only raid twice a week and need something to progress on that is instanced. I think some balancing work can be done with the maps, which Fuwok is doing a great job at, but getting rid of them entirely seems extreme.

One person's opinion should not change the entirety of the loot table from these maps. There should absolutely be input from everyone that is doing them. Resurgum has been doing them and succeeded, but we were already doing Ix successfully, which is a t14 fight. Therefore getting t14 loot from planar maps seems equivalent. We also have been in contact with Fuwok regarding many of the items we've obtained, discussing balancing issues and where it fits given the difficulty of obtaining them. There seems to be some misconception that since we are able to do the fight successfully, that it's "too easy" and the loot should be nerfed. We are absolutely putting in effort and clearing it because of our ability and the progression we've made into silent halls, despite the obstacles. Gear checks. AA checks. Etc. We meet these criteria and for some reason nerfs are being called for? Removal? Why? Is there some reasoning that says the difficulty means other guilds should not obtain loot when there are silent halls bosses that are down, despite the fact that we are more than capable of learning and executing the strats to take them down? Being able to obtain other loot that is on tier and doesn't rely on catching a spawn up is a great thing and gives raiding guilds more things to do than sit on their heels, hoping to catch something up. These maps were a fantastic idea.

Veloris Innova

Last edited:
Some input from a player on tier for this fight:
This guy has a big hp pool and the fight is not trivial for a raid force that doesn't bring in heaps of overtier gear.

Unductoratory Flascertion - This weapon is very cool and very nuanced, but is also probably too strong for this encounter. Lowering the level of spells it can pull from so that there are lesser spells in the mix may go a long way towards balancing it.
Tornado Alley - This may be the best aoe one hander and that's perfectly fine. This fight is supposed to be between UT and SH so since all BiS slots come from upper thaz, silent halls and lake boss, this map having a weapon that's best for a niche use is not an issue.
Dismemberment - fine because of fight tier, still a situational weapon
Shield of Ageomast - better than yale shield is fine for a fight that's past yale, it's original form was certainly well past tier though.
One Hand Washes The Other - moghjubar already showed this item is where it should be
Consficismity of Agortan - comparable sidegrade to fight that's pretty much exactly on tier, seems fine
Superheated Mace of Wild Magic - I haven't really seen this weapon in action yet, but I do worry about it getting abused with the way it's scripting works.
Decomposing Grave Rat - This item is a little too strong and could get nerfed.

Also having non-timered content like maps is great, helps the design of content progression to have something that's not claimable so that there's always something to do if traditional timered targets are down.

Unductoratory Flascertion - both kinds are bis for every class thats on them somehow???
Tornado Alley - best aoe 1 hander option in the game currently somehow???
Dismemberment - basically eos except any droolcup alt can loot one cause the fights a joke
Shield of Ageomast - miles better then yale shield for various reason (more dmg/ac)
Cropotmas Creepy Plushie - parsed out to be slightly worse then melee sh ammo but likely better then the priest/tank ammos
One Hand Washes The Other - everyone on the item wants one, it has a cool clicky and like every fuwok item has 20 of every stat on it
Devil's Masquerade - venandi mask except now melee can have worn duration inc and 1hb mob incase stave is ever made equippable
Consficismity of Agortan - thaz evac pants except its got a splurt clicky instead
Superheated Mace of Wild Magic - super degen item, making me contemplate making a druid that will only have cata memed for detrimental spells
Decomposing Grave Rat - shouldnt be better then rbow, but it is
"Shield of Ageomast - miles better then yale shield for various reason (more dmg/ac)"

- Lots of things are better than Yale loot.

"Cropotmas Creepy Plushie - parsed out to be slightly worse then melee sh ammo but likely better then the priest/tank ammos"

- So its Traek ammo?

"Devil's Masquerade - venandi mask except now melee can have worn duration inc and 1hb mob incase stave is ever made equippable"

- Oh boy duration inc and no overhaste clicky!. Not Venandi mask.

"Consficismity of Agortan - thaz evac pants except its got a splurt clicky instead"

- LOL. Not even close to thaz pants. Minus 1 DW mod. Splurt click takes 3.5 seconds to cast AKA nope. Map pants are basically slightly better Turruj pants, thats it.

Lastly, I would pay real money to observe a true t12 guild kill a map. Im bad tho, so ignore me.

if you guys want instances then ask them to put in instances. not trivial tmaps that drop bis gear, its actually cringe the amount of gaslighting being attempted.

p.s armoer bp is still far too strong, i think fuwok actually buffed it when i asked him to nerf it.

the items are too strong or the fight is too easy its one or the other, you guys feel free to decide. this has been my opinion since the first night i did them.

"Shield of Ageomast - miles better then yale shield for various reason (more dmg/ac)"

- Lots of things are better than Yale loot.
the proc is too strong and its offensive to my blue sword

"Cropotmas Creepy Plushie - parsed out to be slightly worse then melee sh ammo but likely better then the priest/tank ammos"

- So its Traek ammo?
we could go back to 2014 where im bitching about that item also if you would like
"Devil's Masquerade - venandi mask except now melee can have worn duration inc and 1hb mob incase stave is ever made equippable"

- Oh boy duration inc and no overhaste clicky!. Not Venandi mask.
every melee in my guild is going to wear it over venandi mask so..... like you said youre bad i dont want to hold it against you
"Consficismity of Agortan - thaz evac pants except its got a splurt clicky instead"

- LOL. Not even close to thaz pants. Minus 1 DW mod. Splurt click takes 3.5 seconds to cast AKA nope. Map pants are basically slightly better Turruj pants, thats it.
NOT EVEN CLOSE DUDE ITS GOT ONE LESS DUEL WIELD, my brothers that is exactly what close means, but you know all about getting hardmode loot from thaz so ill stop talking about that.

Last edited:
On the gloves from a wizard perspective: statwise, both https://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/wiki/Crushed_Velvet_Gloves and https://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/wiki/Curator's_Touch are better simply because they have slot 5s and can slot in a great quest type 5 aug, which frees up a +24 elemental damage slot elsewhere (and magic damage is meh for wizard) (and curator gloves especially have stun resist and - aggro)
Other gloves : https://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/wiki/Fists_of_Overwhelming_Power these are meh, unless you somehow want to roll with 50+ evo mod for some reason.
https://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/wiki/The_Infested_Talons about the same.
Clicky does probably as much as the curator glove clicky on a long fight, except you can use it once during a burn phase with curse and potentially boost damage quite a bit more if lucky (at least, once every 33 minutes).
Overall other stats are nice but meaningless mostly other than the 2hblunt, which theres no real other at tier source for, to go with the flyswatter from zeshan.
so it provides all around better stats, a focus 9 (all the items you linked have no focus or 8), a unique clicky on 0 other items, and its got a 2hb mod. but yeah okay its fine leave it how it is idc just keep power creeping this game into pointlessness

Last edited:
glad we are finally getting some public feedback about this topic, even tho it had to start with me being a cunt and asking for nerf and or buffs.

just so were clear id prefer deletion

Last edited:
For difficulty on these maps: some classes have it slightly harder dealing with lots of spell options to cast, some easier (mage has 2, wizard has 1, etc). Realistically, it seems like the swarming devil charm pets are both too tanky and deal too much dps - a good enchanter with charm pet is what carries these maps hard (chanter pets doing 3000 dps, next person up doing 2500 dps, in a lot of my parses [Edit: maybe more like 2400ish for just the chanter pet alone, specifically]) and occasionally used to tank one of the final phase adds, and then chanters are removing the adds constantly as well. If you stack enchanters it should rightly be trivial. Without them is quite a bit more difficult.

Not engaging on alts to avoid mechanics seems like an exploit that needs patched. We have boxed it several times tho, with people doing healer/dps or chanter/dps: the mechanic is very unforgiving to box but doable. If you mess up, one or both of your boxes insta die and spawn more adds to deal with though.

Last edited:
I don’t understanding how doing the fight with less people would be considered an exploit? 16 manning spires to get R2, ban em. Carrying someone through 4.3 who dies early and then you rez after you win, jail em, not marza’s intention.

Exploiting is using the clone axe on prime twins, porting up and clicking back into thaz after dying early, etc.

Charm pets in thaz (and basically every other zone) are much too powerful and need to be toned down significantly. I thought the enchanter change was for them to have a more engaging play style. Now they just charm, get it enhanced, send pet to attack, spam their non-chromatic nuke, curse, and dampen. Before they’d have to actively weave AOD/boon and really work to achieve their dps, now it’s basically passive and not much work?

I don’t understanding how doing the fight with less people would be considered an exploit? 16 manning spires to get R2, ban em. Carrying someone through 4.3 who dies early and then you rez after you win, jail em, not marza’s intention.

Exploiting is using the clone axe on prime twins, porting up and clicking back into thaz after dying early, etc.
Avoiding goop mechanics and general fight mechanics to bring dps in at 20% and click vah backs and burn to avoid tanking the adds for very long, for example.
Being dead the whole fight isn't quite the same.

Clicking back into a fight in an area where you can be called of the hero in isn't an exploit, its an oversight of mechanics. If you want this fixed, the call of the hero should also not work in thaz.

so you just want every fight to have zone wide aggro or what please explain, lets just say this isnt the first encounter ive told shitty boxers to sit a toon out till the end.

Avoiding goop mechanics and general fight mechanics to bring dps in at 20% and click vah backs and burn to avoid tanking the adds for very long, for example.
Being dead the whole fight isn't quite the same.
Don't worry they've been dead the whole fight too.

I don't actually care about the item balance for the most part but I sympathize with the frustration of having previous shit nerfed for new shit to pave the way. Having done a few of these maps now I share the conclusion that the fight is on the easier side. The most threatening part of the fight is whether we let the tank die on engage(lol). Pretty sure the final 20% has been done with 4-5 people dead multiple times due to laggy tuesday, crash or gtoo. I originally thought maybe it was bias because everybody had silent halls loot but we've since had total shitters fill nearly every role.

The imp release mechanic is okay on paper but in reality its just too janky. Classes cannot succeed the mechanic based on others using their core abilities or even just having one cleric try to overwrite fatebind. If the intention was having people possibly swap spells mid fight then its simply not possible for a number of the choices as well. Seeing it request plaguewind on shaman was comical.

I would rather not have the loot nerfed but also I have no idea what the solution is to appease people asking for it to be more difficult. Glad to make an unhelpful post tho.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom