Pinklum

I definitely froze all leveling. I actually got in a great group yesterday and am up to 12 AAs already.

I finished part 5 of the vengeance quest Sunday. Unfortunately Rag was taken down the same day and is a 3 day spawn. He should pop tomorrow. I'll log and try to see if I can get a OOC group going.

Last edited:
This is still the best thread in a long time keep the updates coming. :) Once you finish your ring and hit 55 let me know you are welcome to group with me as I kill things :).

Last edited:
I wasn't able to get on last night, but I will be tonight.

Tuesday night, I took a break from questing and since I finally figured out how to get to CC I fiigured I'd go camp the spiders at the zone in...and then used the zone line to escape if I got in over my head. A group was already in there and they invited me along. I'm meeting so many awesome new people that I can't remember everyone's name (but I did know Pinklum and Grinkles). The gent tanking was absolutely out of this world. He'd grab 30-40 mobs it seemed like and them being them to us for mop up duty. I only died once! lol. I spent the first 50 levels of my wizard life soloing, so the whole grouping aspect is new, but I drew upon old wiz experience and think I kept aggro off me for the most part. I was truly thankful and humbled by the group. I got lost on more than one occasion or would do a quick afk (without telling anyone - whoops) and come back and everyone was gone...and they were awesome at being patient with me (especially the dark elf who kept coming to get me). I expected a JESUS EINLAIL, KEEP THE HELL UP!...but I didn't get that.

Fun run and I upgraded a few items thanks to the generousity of my groupmates. Oh and I think I'm up to 22-23 AAs (I don't think Fomelo shows those). :)

if you hit backspace in game, it opens up the map. there's a button on there to show ur groups location too.

Yeah, I was using that. The issue with that zone is the layers. At one point the group was dropping off an ice bridge all the way to the ground. I was following the Xs and even toggled the layers, but I was just not getting it. Compound that with stuff that can see through invis. I was told to sit tight and they cam and scooped me up (the dark elf whose name I can't remember).

It has been a whirlwind, these past few days. This is the first chance I've had to log anything.

Saturday was pretty epic. I've been grouping with Slibu and Grinkles and their alts. I can't say enough nice things about these guys. It's been a blast hanging, fighting, and learning with them. We ended up going to two different zones and mopped up I walked away with 2200pp and 1500pp respectively and upgraded several items. In between, we killed commander Rags and I was able to get my Vengeance quest finished. After which I was able to get to level 60 fairly quickly. So quickly, in fact, I had only bought spells through level 54. So once we wrapped up, I ran and collected all my spells through level 60 (and also had a nice surprise waiting for me at my bank!!!). So many good spells, I hate I only have 8 spell slots to choose from! After the group, I decided I needed to go do some bounties so I could get that Seed of Energy. I already had 2 points and just needed 3 more. So I picked up the Thieving Citizen, which took me to Eldenal's Mansion. I also noticed the Decadent Elf Guards occasionally dropped a Blackened Guard Blade, which seemed a perfect fit for my warrior alt! I had been on the hunt for a good 1hs that didn't have a level requirement. After killing several guards with no drop or presence, I logged and went to bed.

Sunday, I woke and had to do rl stuff (damn you rl) and wasn't able to get on until about 3. I logged on and there was someone else 2 box hunting at Eld's. I was about to leave, because I didn't want to step on any toes, when he messaged me (can't remember his name) and asked if I was doing the bounty too. Then he sent an invite. After pretty much killing everything in the first part of the zone, the presence showed and we took him down in short order. I stuck arounnd after he left, because I'm stubborn like that and wanted that sword lol. It finally dropped, but wiki was wrong, because it had a level 40 requirement. Bummer. I was going to log my monk and goof with him for a minute (Slibu hooked me up with some cool noob gear), when I was asked if I wanted to raid at Dragonhorn keep. I turned down Slibu, because I was doing laundry and other chores and was afk too much and didn't want to be liability. So I played with my monk for awhile. A little later Grink asked too, if I'd join. I had a change of heart and went. I'm so glad I did (so many named dragons I can't even remember them all), on top of getting 2 more levels I won a Robe of Swirling Light and two spells - Ancient: Destruction of Ice (which I could use right away) & Relic: Arcane Familiar (dope pet spell, but not usable until 65). I had no idea about the Relic and Ancient spells, but I sure looked them up afterwards. They're like Pokemon - I gotta get them all! Seriously though, I really want that Moon Comet and Lure. Wow, just wow.

Last night I didn't get on until around 10ish and just goofed around with Cnorris. I got him to level 6 and bugged the newb guild about a few duel wield & ratio questions - going from a wiz to melee is a big change. Man, I really took gate for granted! :D I camped him at Blackburrow, so the levels should go quickly now

Last edited:
I am super stoked at being a higher level and being able to go on raids and whatnot. I'm looking forward to teaming with a lot of you in the near future.

You have a leg up on some of the other fresh 65's around too fyi. Keeping a positive outlook (despite all the flaws in the 2.5 system) and being fairly vocal in the forums seems to have given you a good reputation in game. Hopefully that reputation continues and you won't have any problems finding groups.

If you can get Kedrin's approval, you're doing something right. He's a big grumpy guss. Bertt says he's like a big bear, tough on the outside, but fuzzy and cuddle friendly when you get to know him. I won't ask how Bertt knows that he's cuddle friendly though.

Thanks, Daenar. I'm normally a happy-go-lucky type of guy, so I guess that carries over in game. I'm assuming Kedrin is either Slibu or Grinkles (irl I'm horrible with two things - directions and names! lol. I'm getting all these names and alts. Slowly but surely. :) ) ? If so, I have nothing but good things to say about them. They've been great taking me under their wing.

I hopped on for a little hunting last night, while I was watching the all-star game. I got on my monk first, but changed my mind and got on Einlail because I want to get this Black Pixie quest finished. So I go to Faentharc woods and head over to the pixies. They're lb and green. Cake. Before long the presence shows itself. I med up and attack. Maaaaaaaan, that pixie summoned the hell out of me and then beat me up for my lunch money! I didn't stand a chance. lol. I tried to recruit a couple of people, but was told that those with Dragon faction can't kill pixies. Hmmm. I may just have to try again, maybe hit him with a alternating stun then DD. He was only LB, but he could hit!

If you die from a bounty and go back do you have to go back and kill the place holders again until the presence pops?

No, Kedrin is Caitlin Jenner IRL. Not related to Slibu or Grinkles.

Something that's really important to do (and i'll help you if someone else doesn't first) is to get you murk flagged. It's a really easy quest if you get some help, but impossible for you to do on your own atm. With that flag you can be ported to murk and join in on some extra dungeon runs without having to run 20minutes to get there.

Kedrin is Kedrin, Grinkles is Grinkles, Slibu is Slibu, and Daenar is the 2nd worst beastlord to ever touch this game

WHAT???? I am #1 worst beast. Who do you think outdoes me in badness? If it's Swiftur I'm going to be really offended.

No, Kedrin is Caitlin Jenner IRL. Not related to Slibu or Grinkles.

Something that's really important to do (and i'll help you if someone else doesn't first) is to get you murk flagged. It's a really easy quest if you get some help, but impossible for you to do on your own atm. With that flag you can be ported to murk and join in on some extra dungeon runs without having to run 20minutes to get there.

Awesome. Thanks for the tip. I'll defintely look into that. Iirc, someone said there was eventually a spell I could get to there too?

So I logged on yesterday to go tackle a couple bounties (especially that little turd pixie) and get my seed of energy. Pinklum swung right in and helped me with both or them and that was awesome (thank you). Also a shout out to Rience (sp?) who offered her help too!

Then I was invited to a pug (I think Slibu called it) raid to ToT. That was fun! My first time there...then of course I ported to a wrong spot had to get redirected then ported to the right spot at the bottom of some staircase and in like 2 secs something killed me lol. After the rez, it went much smoother. I got to see the #1 wiz on the server in action and was totally in awe and hopefully something I can aspire to be in time. We beat all the baddies and concubines and I lucked out and won a relic spell! I turned it in afterwards and it's Tarhyl's Embrace. Pretty impressive. Now I have that and the Arcane Familiar. I can't wait to hit 65!

A little later, after the raid, I joined a group to kill some dragons and ended up dinging 63. A pretty good night, I'd say. :D

Nice, have you gotten your ancient spells yet? Theres probably a few targets that drop them that I could help you kill pretty quickly.

Back
Top Bottom