Pariah

Anti Eh

Dalayan Elder
Using Grinkles awesome math , I am kinda boogled why there is no interest in adding a Pariah aug quest line.
935 players out of 5470 (17.09% of database population) are pariah.
Being there has been interest in creating Taryhl aug quests for the 39 out of 5470 players ( 0.71% )
It would only make sense to include a deity quest for the 3rd most popular player choice.

Curious if there is a reason why this cant be added, or is it just a case of the interest to code such a thing isnt there atm.

Number of players pledged to each deity in order of popularity (percentages shown in LimeGreen):
Althuna – 2,030 followers (37.11%)
Jayla – 1,110 (20.29%)
Pariah – 935 (17.09%)
Marlow – 699 (12.78%)
Enthann – 194 (3.55%)
Gradalsh – 99 (1.81%)
Divine Light – 79 (1.44%)
Malath – 76 (1.35%)
Shiritri – 54 (0.99%)
Tarhansar – 46 (0.84%)
Sihala – 43 (0.79%)
Tarhyl – 39 (0.71%)
Sivyana – 35 (0.64%)
Shojar – 31 (0.57%)

Total – 5,470 players

The problem about augs is that it was stated years ago that pariah aug will not go in before all the other deity augs are in. Fast forward to about 2 years ago - Cyzaine, the guy who made all the deity quests we have so far quit, and there we are stuck still.

Writing quest dialogue is the worst part of devery.

and

No one is motivated to do it.

partly because

All the existing deity quest were done by one person so they are relatively consistent, but I don't think any of the devs are very familiar with them. So on top of the agony of writing quest dialogue there's the need to look into all the other deity quests and then use them as a constraint on designing the new quest.

also

I don't think any devs other than Cyzaine and maybe TM ever had any interest in writing quests at all. Designing quest rewards is easy, deciding what players should need to do in a quest and coordinating scripts and flags and all that is not too hard, but writing vaguely lore-ish text that justifies the steps the player has to take while also telling something not entirely unlike a story in spite of the fact that the "lone npc standing around blabbing at a disinterested player" model is not very conducive to storytelling considering there aren't really any characters to sympathize with or interactions between them to observe "show, don't tell"-style and the nominal protagonists (the players) aren't writable characters and are detached from the actions they take since they aren't really making choices or anything interesting like that, just following a prescribed path of clicking things in a video game and more than likely most players who do go through the quest would probably consider being subjected to anything like a "cutscene" as a chore and yet we can't just write "Guardsman Neth says, 'Step 1: Get ten orc heads and bring them back to me.'" even though that would be most efficient because quests just aren't done like that and...

Solution: Let Pariah do any of the deity quests. Worst case scenario you make a double of each aug and rename it to the Pariah's Badge of I Don't Need Divine Intervention And Still Did The Same Thing You Did With Your God's Help, Nyah Nyah Nyah Nyah

Pariah PC goes to the Island of Voices, picks a deity, gets a special dialogue option.

/cm d# - You're not so special, I can do anything your retarded followers can do. Challenge me Bitch-Kitten.

Voice: Muahahaha VERY WELL MORTAL! Go collect 10 goblin heads and slay Kierra D'untero (spelling probably off, but it's quest dialogue, so it's to be expected).

Player gets flagged to start that deity's (and that deity's only) aug quest. 5% spec should off-set any benefit from picking your aug.

Last edited:
the aug should be 1 hp 1 ac 1 mana 1 resist 1 stat all.

innate 15% no matter what your choices are is just too powerful.

The difference between 20% spec and 15% spec is 1/2 of 1% to everything. It may not sound like alot, but considering its a boost to nearly everything in the entire game it adds up. Getting 20% with a deity is well worth the investment into quests/ spec dialogue hunting.

I am also a pariah that wished I could get an aug. Or just be able to re-swear to a deity. The Alignment Quest Listing on the wiki is pretty awesome now and it doesn't really take much work to get a good alignment %.

I personally like how dimmi is downplaying the innate 15% (without having to quest).

QQ I have to do SC/COI/BS/MQ/ Diety aug to get my spec up oh then get an aug and a gate neck and a plane to go harass people in when they raid.

QQ I have to do SC/COI/BS/MQ/ Diety aug to get my spec up oh then get an aug and a gate neck and a plane to go harass people in when they raid.

http://184.107.208.162/fomelo/fomelo.php?char=krugz - not maxxed
http://184.107.208.162/fomelo/fomelo.php?char=myzer - not maxxed
http://184.107.208.162/fomelo/fomelo.php?char=drakrin - pariah free 15%

ps not quite sure why the QQ. nobody is complaining about questing just saying that giving people a free 15% without having to pay attention at all should be more than enough. not to mention you get to raid in any zone you want without having to worry about shit.

Yeah the whole "pariah is amazing since you can raid anywhere" thing isn't so great when you consider that even more people are Jayla and can also raid anywhere. Plus Enthann can as well. And maybe another one or two I'm forgetting.

Yeah the whole "pariah is amazing since you can raid anywhere" thing isn't so great when you consider that even more people are Jayla and can also raid anywhere. Plus Enthann can as well. And maybe another one or two I'm forgetting.

Yes but its 15% plus raid anywhere / do whatever you want.

everyone else is raid wherever you want but also follow my rules.

Yes but its 15% plus raid anywhere / do whatever you want.

everyone else is raid wherever you want but also type /cm d3 instead of d1 or d2 in a few quests that you'll probably do sooner or later anyway

Fixed

Pariah is amazing because for absolutely no work you can get a 15% deity spec (which lots of people can't even obtain if they make the wrong deity/faction choices.. or if you swear to enthann / shiritri / sihala / malath). In addition to this, you get to raid any zone that you want. And you can't really compare this to the one of the two deities that also let you raid any zone (Jayla and Enthann) because for Jayla, the aug quest literally takes days of playtime (easily the lengthiest deity aug quest).

I would be completely fine with Pariah getting an aug to be honest, but before that happens I think it is only fair that the unfinished deity aug quests be finished, and the final augs for each deity gets rebalanced based on difficulty of quest / level of sacrifice involved. As of right now, pledging Shojar or Tarhyl results in you sacrificing the most out of any deity and Shojar doesn't even have an aug, and Tarhyl's aug is barely better than Marlow/Althuna/Gradalsh/Sihala etc.. whose planes are 4+ tiers below. Embarassing really.

I find it funny to see you posting in this thread considering I have you quoted in game as stating you went Pariah because "fuck doing quests and work". Granted, this was on your alt...

Pariah is amazing because for absolutely no work you can get a 15% deity spec (which lots of people can't even obtain if they make the wrong deity/faction choices.. or if you swear to enthann / shiritri / sihala / malath). In addition to this, you get to raid any zone that you want. And you can't really compare this to the one of the two deities that also let you raid any zone (Jayla and Enthann) because for Jayla, the aug quest literally takes days of playtime (easily the lengthiest deity aug quest).

I would be completely fine with Pariah getting an aug to be honest, but before that happens I think it is only fair that the unfinished deity aug quests be finished, and the final augs for each deity gets rebalanced based on difficulty of quest / level of sacrifice involved. As of right now, pledging Shojar or Tarhyl results in you sacrificing the most out of any deity and Shojar doesn't even have an aug, and Tarhyl's aug is barely better than Marlow/Althuna/Gradalsh/Sihala etc.. whose planes are 4+ tiers below. Embarassing really.

This is a good post for illustrating the various ways new/uninformed players can permanently fuck up their character without knowing any better and never be able to fix it. I'd say the system as a whole should change, or there should be a way for people of any deity to do a quest to re-swear something else once they realize they messed up along with more ways to fix your alignment, but the odds of either of those happening are pretty poor.

there should be a way for people of any deity to do a quest to re-swear something else once they realize they messed up along with more ways to fix your alignment

there is one.. its called going pariah.

Oh you fucked up? no worries here you go 15% spec bonus. just as Dimmi mentioned before 5% is not that big of a difference.

Back
Top Bottom