Opus Changes

To everyone involved in making this change happen:

THANK YOU

Real sick of losing time with my husband to orcs.

Juff-Today at 6:11 PM

lleoc now that we don';t have to farm basement, maybe we should farm spires??????

I'm sorry for stealing your husband ?

Juff-Today at 6:11 PM

lleoc now that we don';t have to farm basement, maybe we should farm spires??????

I'm sorry for stealing your husband ?

There are always other orcs, even when they aren't orcs. Tbh this will probably just clear up Juff's schedule enough so he can play WoW on his other monitor or something.

Nah we're getting our ass kicked on our progress target so we were already slacking on orcs anyway. I'm very glad this change went in and hope other people can enjoy the content we no longer have to kill.

This change is far better than the previous system in place. Would it be too much to request a higher than normal chance of class 3/4s dropping for the respective classes in a group killing the content without changing the actual percentages you have already established. For example if a mob has a 5% chance of dropping any opus/class tome and the next mob is going to drop one (however the mechanics work) it checks what classes are in the group and which classes are missing their tomes and the drop rate gravitates more towards dropping a tome for the classes present and more so for the ones missing their tomes. Just a thought. I'm happy with what we got anyway.

This change is far better than the previous system in place. Would it be too much to request a higher than normal chance of class 3/4s dropping for the respective classes in a group killing the content without changing the actual percentages you have already established. For example if a mob has a 5% chance of dropping any opus/class tome and the next mob is going to drop one (however the mechanics work) it checks what classes are in the group and which classes are missing their tomes and the drop rate gravitates more towards dropping a tome for the classes present and more so for the ones missing their tomes. Just a thought. I'm happy with what we got anyway.

that sounds like alot of work

Would it be too much to request a higher than normal chance of class 3/4s dropping for the respective classes in a group killing the content without changing the actual percentages you have already established.
Yes.

In other news, 12 opus/class tomes have dropped since yesterday. Next patch will likely add a few other exp spots that have been suggested.

If you're taking suggestions and it hasn't been brought up it feels odd that deepshade is all one tier when the bridge across is a decent step up in difficulty. If that's balanced out by potential map drops that's fine but that's one that stuck out to me.

Tears of elael orcs and goblins might work as a drop spot.

What about unimplemented tomes? Do these drop still? Or are they still going to be from know your enemies or something? Or can you just not get them anymore?

Follow up:
The closed tome / open tome image change appears to have the item occupy the same lore tag.

Wait, what?
I purchased Force of Body 3, began exping it this AM.
Hours later, Force of Body 3 dropped. I attempted to loot on monk (thinking, these item images are diff, its a diff item)
The item I attempted to loot poofed due to duplicate lore item.
Event was /bug reported

Idk if it's the same with all PH tomes, but I had an old third warrior 3 banked with a bunch of other old worthless banked class tomes, and it didn't have the open book look the others did. It wouldn't work as a turn in, so it's just aesthetic or whatever I guess, but could be misleading. (I destroyed that one with the others, but after typing half of this, noticed I still have a third monk 4 banked with the same closed book look)

U22rQ96.jpg

does this mean scholastic token 3 and 4's from turruj quest and thaz are useless? any way we could turn those in for the new tokens?

There's a bug that will exist until next patch where you can't loot the untranslated opus if you have a copy of the translated one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom