Necro AA idea.

If other people in a group actively countermend a class and its strenghts said class can not play to its strengths.
I agree. Can we now end this thread already and agree that NECs are fine as it is and were never meant to be burst DPS?

They wouldn't be burt DPS, they would just be able to do a final kick with the mana invested in their dots + they would be able to "strip" all dots of a target, forexample a mezzed target... "Oh shit, I dot'ed it, argh, sec, there, mezz go".

The fastest burst they could do, would be the Archaic in to Affliction Storm as I previously described, would do less than half of a Moon comet (not counting Wizards special crits). Don't worry, Rangers and Wizards would still have a good laugh at the necro's burst abilities.

Last edited:
Why so salty Latten?
Stay on topic with actual arguments, not just childish remarks with no value other than petty attempt at a personal slur.

I don't know how many different ways 5 different people can tell you that this tome is strong and necromancers with this tome are strong in exp groups. Yes, they are worse than other classes at getting killshots. Yes, the tome is useless if other people snipe killshots from you instead of just switching targets or waiting a tic for the necro to kill a mob. You don't have to get every kill shot every single pull to be effective either. Just kill shotting normally and having your other DPS try their best to avoid sniping you is enough to keep a group juiced up. This doesn't even factor in PBAEing a pull down and intentionally letting the necro snipe 6 kill shots if you're truly hurting for mana.

its 2017 and valorian is still posting ideas the community shuts down with logical arguments for him to only echo his idea in a slightly more winded manner as the thread continues personal attacks increase towards peoples ability to play and then the post will die out with nothing accomplished comma or period//

wtf deein you posting right before me hurts my post please remove it

Add affliction storm. Remove feign death. Balance maintained.

Alternate Response: Remove strands of life. Let necros also have third monk tome. We can call it third monkro tome. Problem solved.

its 2017 and valorian is still posting ideas the community shuts down with logical arguments for him to only echo his idea in a slightly more winded manner as the thread continues personal attacks increase towards peoples ability to play and then the post will die out with nothing accomplished comma or period//

Looong ago I pointed out that Warriors doing around 100 dps, was an issue. Not sure what happent, but it got changed, thats for sure, not as part of my post, that recieved just as much "this is not a problem" posts, as this one.
Back then the argument was "You only need Warriors in raid, and they dont need to do any damage, they just need to take damage".

I also suggested that it was possible to change from dragon to giant faction, and complete the aug, partly because Latten was affected by it, but in genereal because its just more fun for all.

Melee's couldnt crit the last 10% on mobs they couldnt do Finishing blow on....

Lots of stuff that I pointed out, got changed. And sure, where I feel there is an issue, like with Shaman healing, its not the actual (in that case) Shaman healing, there is an issue, its me.

Atleast one actual necro posted he didnt like it...

Last edited:
I don't know how many different ways 5 different people can tell you that this tome is strong and necromancers with this tome are strong in exp groups.

As I posted in my first post, I think its one of the best abilities of the Necromancer. I'm not arguing that its not a great tome, im argueing thats it isen't, I belive the pharse was "Hands down the best Exp tome in the game".
It is very good, dont get me wrong, and its essential for the necro to have, to stand a chance at all to keep doing DPS, cause more often than not, lots of invested mana in dot damage, is lost to mobs dien faster than the dots can tick out :)

Either way, the general concern here seems to be, that its to good, that it would make the necro to strong.
Fair enough, I'm probably wrong then... When I run the numbers though, I don't see anything that would indicate thats its to OP.

Runic2 in to Affliction Storm.
Cast time, 4.6 + 1 second.
600 initial damage + (12x380)/3 = 2120 base.

Twice the mana as Moon Comet, 21% less damage, same total cast time. Necro can't do it again for an other 15 seconds.

I dunno, it may be to high, but 2120 damage for 1020 mana, doesn't seem like something any class would want to do to often.....
But seems like the general oppinion is not so much "it needs some adjustment, then it would be great", its more like "No, necro's great, dont touch. Just dont even go there".

/shrug.

its your fault for not playing games with me. we're out of sync.

Watching people react to Binsin is hilarious.

Such statements as "Dude, if you don't stop being you right now, I will guild remove ok!", my self changing password, cause I had no idea just what kind of person you where, but all the wierd worried me ngl.

Cant we just trash all the trash parts of it?

I have spoken with a few necromancers in game, who all either thought it was a good idea, or had already thought of it them selfs...

Just to bad they don't go and post. Seeing the kind of posts that you get when you come with an idea, in this post, who can blame them though...

as a necro player i dont agree with this idea. all we need (in my opinion) is slightly better damage on our direct nukes ( spells like cryotoxin and torbas' venom blast are kinda weak and ancient lifebane is too slow most the time) or slightly faster cast times on them so attempting a snipe doesn't take forever to land.

would be nice if we got a better direct damage poison or disease nuke. aside from torbas' venom blast and the murk aoe, Necros be lacking in direct damage in those departments.

Another idea would be to change one of the less useful AA's into something like
"Sivyana's Malice" - direct damage style spells do bonus 15/25% damage to mobs below 20/10% health.

Back
Top Bottom