Naming policy clarification

Allielyn said:
my IRON FIST.

421px-Fist.png

Allies calm and lovely voice INSTANTLY came to mind - I had to smile.

<3 you Allie.

Allielyn said:
Re: Wiz email,
Generally if Wiz doesn't answer after some time, then it's a "no." Rest assured he has seen it. Feel free to send it my way though; In the interests of consistency I'd be happy to nerf players that have slipped through the cracks of my IRON FIST. Otherwise, you know where to reach me if you want to talk about it.

421px-Fist.png
...never mind.

Allielyn said:
Otherwise, you know where to reach me if you want to talk about it.

That's Allie-speak for "Please feel free to talk to me in other channels about revisiting this issue."

Well, I play Eustace O'Shea online. That's my name. I made it up years ago, when I first started playing MMO's, and you'll find a Eustace O'Shea player-character in every game I've ever played. But, I did have a GM ask me where I got Eustace from, because he said he saw it in some game that I've never heard of (which I can't recall.) So, it's not like they're arbitrary about it, and it's really not like it's that difficult to come up with a name. When I'm stuck for a name, I do one of two things:

A. I open up a baby-naming book. Works almost every time.

B. I pull a "The Usual Suspects" and come up with a Kaiser Sose of a name. For instance, there's a role of nitraprazoline on my desk, so I named a mage from another game "Nitra."

For you guys making names that you know violates naming policy, lol...yay. Make more work for yourself in the long run for a bit of a chuckle. I personally don't like coming up with stupid name combinations because I'm going to be playing that toon, and I don't care to be thought of as an idiot for my name. Leave my chat up to that.

By the way, just for clarification: Would Caligula or anything of that sort be acceptable? I asked this before because I saw Barbarossa (Italian for Red Beard, and the name of a prominent German who took over Rome for a while) running around.

Thanks!

Thread Necromancy

Anyways, as said in the policy, just because you used it on live doesn't mean it is a free card to use here. Live is very very very very lenient on their pretty much non existent naming policy.

I like the passive aggressiveness in your by the way statement.

Back
Top Bottom