[*]Shit tons of available AAs that frankly I have no idea what we are going to do with.
...should waste exactly zero seconds working on revamping CoP, unless it is purely in the context of plans for the 3.0 release.The current team:
- Slaariel - Script Converter Guru and The Only Girl Dev
- Jumbers - Nocturnal Code Dude of Great Repute, Hardware Guy and Repo Manager.
- Olive - Actually a girl. Tells Jumbers after 30 hours of being awake to go to sleep. A farmer (not a joke) and a coder.
- Taryth - New Guy - Has Big Code Chops. Laughs at Buttbot in the 3.0 channel *every time*
- KLS - New Client Expert from EqEmu! Rode to SoD on his White Horse to help us reboot 3.0. Give many thanks.
- Meyers - Will code something at some point for sure. Semi-colon expert.
- Zaela - Mistress of all things Lua.
- Buttbot - Changes what we say in the 3.0 channel into phrases with the word "Butt" in them.
- Me, Woldaff - Attempts to make up for his complete lack of applicable skills by making over excited posts to try and drum up attention.
- More to come, especially as the GM team comes aboard once a beta is in place.
Just curious, buy why are you guys working to upgrade specifically to Underfoot? Instead of SoF, SoD, or RoF?This gives a good idea of the changes: http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=ClientFeatures
We are shooting for Underfoot right now, but upgrading to RoF is possible afterward.
Remember, they are talking about things being addition to Titanium. We are a few clients BEFORE Titanium. Lots of stuff they are taking for granted we do not have. We have been focusing on content creation, while eqemu has largely been focusing on client implementation and optimization. We have a long way to catch up on that front.
Underfoot is the latest stable client for emulation. When looking at this link that Woldaff posted, keep in mind that upgrades from early clients are included in later ones. So if we upgrade to Underfoot we will have access to everything on that list before RoF. While we do not want to wait until RoF is stable to begin, it will be possible to upgrade to that later. Our current client is from 2003, before Titanium, so this is a huge step forward.Just curious, buy why are you guys working to upgrade specifically to Underfoot? Instead of SoF, SoD, or RoF?
Underfoot was the most recent expansion until just recently. Their goal was likely to be as current as possible, because who knows when another client upgrade may happen. RoF was just released a few weeks ago iirc.Just curious, buy why are you guys working to upgrade specifically to Underfoot? Instead of SoF, SoD, or RoF?
That's possible. Or it might instead encourage the plethora of Athica-step sitters to go out and exp instead of logging after an hour of /ooc-ing in vain for a group. In fact, placing a graduated exp penalty on a group of bots would easily discourage your scenario and motivate a player to actively call out for real-player replacements while exping with his bots. There would be less downtime for everyone.I would be worried it would discourage grouping.
Because those same people will then later say, "If I could have it while leveling, why not at 65?" Now, that being said, I am not opposed to them at all. They would be a plat sink for gear, and would help those that hate boxxing (like me) to go out and get xp. Also, more "remote" zones, link Mielc, would see more action maybe.Making henchman available exclusively to low levels would be relatively simple and could help get newer players through those levels where groups aren't always easy to find. Don't see what the big deal would be.